Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

This thread currently has 8,467 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Perkins
October 19, 2014, 10:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
[quote=120763]ABUSE REMOVED/quote]

An all time Fishy low? Like JF or not, NO-ONE should be subjected to this moronic rant.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
Mrs Doyle
October 19, 2014, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quote:

"We were in stitches all the way home watching the hits escalate in number, 4000 plus. I could imagine the fishy 5 foaming at the mouth as they posted from the security of their anonymity and likely, the warmth of an armchair, at how dare I come on their forum, spell something wrong and have a go."

Cringe Worthy to the extreme.

I don't want to read this twaddle any more you just know that this is going to come back and bite your behind and it will all end up in tears .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
Wrawby_Mariner
October 19, 2014, 10:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
To be fair the man is a fan just like the rest of us, said man just happens to be the man who pumps vast sums of cash in to the club we all love. Yes his comment may have been premature but at the same time he is proud/ecstatic as the rest of us... Give the fella a break.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 22 - 64
GrimRob
October 19, 2014, 10:26am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Hagrid

I personally find this post disgusting. Think you neee to think long and hard before you open your mouth. Maybe you should grow up.........

He's been banned now

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 64
headingly_mariner
October 19, 2014, 10:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner21
Abuse removed

Look I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but you might want to rethink some of that stuff as it doesn't really help anyone and will probably get you into trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
lew chaterleys lover
October 19, 2014, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
I refuse to believe this really is Mr. Fenty.

But IF it is, then only you could turn a decent away win into a slanging match with fans who have given a lifetime of support.

Really GTFC is just an expensive plaything for you and your hangers on isn't it?

How you can gloat or make jokes when we sit 8th in the Conference is beyond me.

I would make a note in your diary for the end of May - if we are a League club boast/joke/gloat to your hearts content, but if we are still in the Conference after 5 seasons you will be eating plenty of humble pie I expect.      

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
October 19, 2014, 10:47am
Guest User
I refuse to believe this really is Mr. Fenty.

But IF it is, then only you could turn a decent away win into a slanging match with fans who have given a lifetime of support.

Really GTFC is just an expensive plaything for you and your hangers on isn't it?

How you can gloat or make jokes when we sit 8th in the Conference is beyond me.

I would make a note in your diary for the end of May - if we are a League club boast/joke/gloat to your hearts content, but if we are still in the Conference after 5 seasons you will be eating plenty of humble pie I expect.      

I can assure you it is JF. To be fair, his comment wasn't that bad so let's not make a storm in a teacup.

That said, I would hope Mr Fenty has much higher aspirations than 8th in the Conference before cracking out the champers (or even the vino!). I also think a man in his position should stay away from posting on an unofficial forum (even if it is now heavily influenced by moderators at the club) and only comment via official sources as it does make us look like a proper non league club. I suppose after five years in this shitpit of a league, we shouldn't expect anything else.

Jason Paget (Don't hide behind my username)
Reply: 26 - 64
Chrisblor
October 19, 2014, 11:19am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Wow John, if only you were as good at running a football club as you are at playing an internet wind up merchant...

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
MeanwoodMariner
October 19, 2014, 11:23am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 75

I can assure you it is JF. To be fair, his comment wasn't that bad so let's not make a storm in a teacup.

That said, I would hope Mr Fenty has much higher aspirations than 8th in the Conference before cracking out the champers (or even the vino!). I also think a man in his position should stay away from posting on an unofficial forum

Completely agree with the storm in a teacup comment.

Understand your "wait to the end of the season" stance but I disagree with it. I think we should absolutely enjoy the individual wins as we go along. I got carried away with the bank holiday euphoria and have no regrets about it despite the drop in form that followed.

You final point about him staying away from the Fishy I am undecided on. I think you may be right but I think that is a sad indictment of the Fishy rather than JF. It's essentially an admission that as a forum we are collectively not mature enough to cope with him being involved. This episode has shown that some fans are so quick to get themselves enraged at the gentlest of ribbings that he probably should leave all of us clowns to squabble among ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2014, 11:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 75
I'm in no position to criticise anybody for coming on the fishy after a few scoops on a Saturday night!

Let's all enjoy the weekend, but remember we haven't achieved anything yet. We are seventh in the Conference so I see no reason to celebrate that particular fact. We need to go on a proper run, we have the players in my opinion, let's hope they have that winning mentality as recent history suggests we win a couple then a home draw, a defeat then a win or two again. We need to be more than that. Let's crack on and in May we can get the champers out, never mind the Zinfandel!

UTM!

Completely agree Vicar.

(I suppose it is Sunday).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.