Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 323 Guests

Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

This thread currently has 8,419 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
October 19, 2014, 4:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
John Fenty in 'normal behaviour' shock.  Jeez guys, give the man a break.  He can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of some.  John, if you read this (please bear in mind that I have 'previous' when the amber nectar flows), I for one see nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve.  

But The Fishy Five don't  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
MuddyWaters
October 19, 2014, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Just think that the fact he posted at all says as much as you need to know. That's all. Back to the sun lounger and the Super Bock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
October 19, 2014, 9:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
It's essentially an admission that as a forum we are collectively not mature enough to cope with him being involved.

I doubt we'll be mature enough without him involved either !
I hope John keeps posting, he speaks some sense.
Reply: 42 - 64
promotion plaice
October 19, 2014, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
You John Fenty, are a normal fan like the rest of us, and for that, you sir are awesome.........so is football.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
RichMariner
October 20, 2014, 11:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
John Fenty in 'normal behaviour' shock.  Jeez guys, give the man a break.  He can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of some.

I'd argue that it isn't normal behaviour for a senior figure at the club to post comments on a fans' forum and goad a handful of them in the process.

He has an official channel through which he can communicate (the OS) and he can even talk to the fans through the media (Telegraph, Humberside etc).

I appreciate that some fans like the fact that he posts on here, which suggests he's one of us. It's not that unusual, but the senior bosses that tend to do this open themselves up for more abuse and criticism in the long run, unless they have a strategy.

And judging by his track record, I'm guessing John doesn't have one.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
rancido
October 20, 2014, 1:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from RichMariner

I'd argue that it isn't normal behaviour for a senior figure at the club to post comments on a fans' forum and goad a handful of them in the process.

He has an official channel through which he can communicate (the OS) and he can even talk to the fans through the media (Telegraph, Humberside etc).

I appreciate that some fans like the fact that he posts on here, which suggests he's one of us. It's not that unusual, but the senior bosses that tend to do this open themselves up for more abuse and criticism in the long run, unless they have a strategy.

I don't regard the comment he made as "  goading the fans". I really think that some on here need to lighten up!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
GrimRob
October 20, 2014, 1:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Is there that much difference to posting on here and tweeting? The media is full of tweets from public figures every day, some of them much more controversial than saying "quiet on here" (which it always is anyway after Town win!).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 64
arryarryarry
October 20, 2014, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GrimRob
Is there that much difference to posting on here and tweeting? The media is full of tweets from public figures every day, some of them much more controversial than saying "quiet on here" (which it always is anyway after Town win!).

You could say that after we lose many on here go very quiet
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
Garth
October 20, 2014, 1:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from RichMariner

What a load of bull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
RichMariner
October 20, 2014, 2:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Fair enough if you don't agree Garth, but it's not exactly 'bull'. It's just my perspective on things.

As a senior figure at the football club it's vital that he comes across as professional. He reflects our football club. That doesn't mean he can't engage with the fans on here, but it does mean that people are constantly judging him, and therefore judging our club.

I don't want to see our major shareholder, or any senior figure, responding to fans on here who wind him up. He should rise above that. So it might only be 'friendly banter' but it does more harm than good in the long run.

If/when Town lose a couple on the bounce, he'll get more personal criticism and vitriol on here from those fans he's targeting than he otherwise would if he didn't acknowledge them.

Just to be clear - I'm perfectly happy for him to engage with fans on here. But he needs to be careful when he posts, and what he talks about, otherwise the whole situation will escalate and before you know it someone else will post defamatory comments and he'll again be asking for the site to be taken down.

It all might seem fine right now while everyone's feeling relatively positive following a couple of good results, but wait for the moment we lose two on the bounce and this message board will become a very different forum.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.