grimsby pete
October 18, 2014, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from marinerdean
Probably the worst just back thread ever!!

AND  nobody has got back yet.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
Mrs Doyle
October 18, 2014, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Oh dear I do hope it isn't J.F. it's a all time low if it is let the team do the talking it's not a them and us thing. Be nice if everybody just got behind ALL the team we have been down here to long. Let's draw a line under this and back the team and manager  The team need to know you are on their side not their feckin backs and by team I mean Paul Hurst as well. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
fleabag1970
October 18, 2014, 7:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I feel that a Director of a company thinks it is funny to mock the paying customers on a public forum............................................. Didnt Gerald Ratner do that once ????

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 82
moosey_club
October 18, 2014, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from oldludensian
Do the players get to stay over given the length of the journey or are they somewhere on the road back to GY right now?

a fair few only have 3/4 of the distance as they dont live here.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
rancido
October 18, 2014, 7:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
JF and PH have taken loads of flak on this site from being called clueless, a clown, tactically inept and innumerable other insults which most seem to think is ok. JF (?) comes out with one tongue-in-cheek remark and suddenly he becomes Public Enemy No1. The problem with too many posters on here is that they only want it one way - to be able to criticise but not allow any form of reply.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 82
rancido
October 18, 2014, 7:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
JF and PH have taken loads of flak on this site from being called clueless, a clown, tactically inept and innumerable other insults which most seem to think is ok. JF (?) comes out with one tongue-in-cheek remark and suddenly he becomes Public Enemy No1. The problem with too many posters on here is that they only want it one way - to be able to criticise but not allow any form of reply.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 82
chaos33
October 18, 2014, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Oh give over

Critical analysis is one thing, as are differences of opinion, but t1t for tat, peevish taunting amongst people who disagree is tedious, infantile and counterproductive, especially if they support the same club, or are (say) the owner of said club. Anybody engaging in goading fellow Town fans, starting threads, sending tweets etc. Pathetic. Go somewhere else and let the intelligent adults discuss things back and forth.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 82
sonik
October 18, 2014, 7:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
Oh give over

Why? We are on the M5 having a laugh with a few beers. A great weekend and a bit of fun.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 82
codcheeky
October 18, 2014, 8:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Belfast Town
Thought the Shop was on fire today. Ground out a good result against a decent team. Five good goals. Stewards were tossers.  UTFM.

tossers is too kind a word
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
CambsMariner
October 18, 2014, 8:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +129
Well done John and Paul, I have been one of your biggest detractors over the years (John not Paul). Things didn't start well this year but we all knew that was due to suspensions carried over from last season, injuries and the settling in of new players. I do agree that we somehow need to improve our home form, there are 2 reasons for this and one of them is the high expectation of fans and teams just coming to Blundell Park and parking the bus and waiting for us to make a defensive error. In the Conference we are deemed as a big team, so if the lesser teams get a result against us they are more than happy. Even the teams who are on a par with us like Torquay, Bristol Rovers and Wrexham will come and play like we did away to Wrexham and Torquay.
             When we were playing league football and I know some of you can go further back in history than I can, 1st game Hartlepool at home 1970, but I got to see the glory days of the McMenemy, Kerr, Booth and Buckley eras, we were always on a par and whilst in the Championship usually the underdog so teams would always come to get a win which allowed us to play more expansive football plus football was a lot less tactical in those days.
        We have had 2 great away wins over the last  week and yes we may lose to Guiseley next weekend but it isn't really important. Our main priority is to get Grimsby out of this league and for the fans to get behind them the same way they do away from home. I went to the home game against Chester and the crowd were really nervous and subdued and even when we went 3 up and in my opinion destroyed Chester the fans never really go into the game.
        We need to start treating the players as though they are part of a new start in our history. We all like to be complimented in our work, fortunately most of us don't have to work in front of 3000 fans, so lets just get behind the management and the players because they have shown they can beat anybody when they aren't under pressure all the time.
       So next home league game let us just cheer them on from the 1st to the last and make Blundell Park the place it used to be.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Old Just Back Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.