9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
October 18, 2014, 8:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
He is quite entitled to have a little dig / fun  at some of us. every wheel turns full circle , and if you give it, be man enough to take it ,  I still dont think  Hurst is the man to take us up, but well done for today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
MarinerWY
October 18, 2014, 8:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,937
Gold Stars: 45
Lots of faux-outrage here. It's a little dig, maybe not the most professional thing in the world, but not a massive problem really.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
psgmariner
October 18, 2014, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from rancido
JF and PH have taken loads of flak on this site from being called clueless, a clown, tactically inept and innumerable other insults which most seem to think is ok. JF (?) comes out with one tongue-in-cheek remark and suddenly he becomes Public Enemy No1. The problem with too many posters on here is that they only want it one way - to be able to criticise but not allow any form of reply.

+1

It's give and take. Reminds me of the whiny fans who moan when players they have been slagging off give a bit back. Fannies.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
psgmariner
October 18, 2014, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from denni266
He is quite entitled to have a little dig / fun  at some of us. every wheel turns full circle , and if you give it, be man enough to take it ,  I still dont think  Hurst is the man to take us up, but well done for today

Same.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
MarinerWY
October 18, 2014, 8:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,937
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from psgmariner

+1

It's give and take. Reminds me of the whiny fans who moan when players they have been slagging off give a bit back. Fannies.

Absolutely. It's a strange mentality that certainly doesn't wash in any other situation in society - "I can say what I want/give what abuse I want, but don't give any back! That's out of order!".
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
ackomariner
October 18, 2014, 8:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Had you managed to spell it right it would still have been a bit classless and childish for the major shareholder of the club.  

Absolutely , couldn't come on and give the paying public a statement for all the cr@p that's been going on the last month, but can now come on and take the p!ss out of the paying public.

Grow up mr fenty and stop acting like a ten year old child

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
jonnyboy82
October 18, 2014, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
#Trolledbyfenty

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
headingly_mariner
October 18, 2014, 8:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MarinerWY

Absolutely. It's a strange mentality that certainly doesn't wash in any other situation in society - "I can say what I want/give what abuse I want, but don't give any back! That's out of order!".

But that's not really the case is it? I don't think anyone has taken offence, I certainly haven't, I just think it's embarrassing in the same way the 'hurst knockers' thread is embarrassing and pointless. I think we have to expect better from those that run the club, especially when you look at the lack of success they have had in running it. I'm happy we've won as I always am but I won't  be getting carried away, just as I won't be hysterically calling for anyone to be sacked if we lose a couple of games.

As the main man at a football club you have to expect some criticism from time to time (even if you're good at it).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 82
DavidB
October 18, 2014, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
It's amazing how so much can be read into so few words!

Several posters are interpreting John's post as 'having a dig' at fans or getting back at those who were very vocal in their criticism; others are drawing unfavourable comparisons with the lack of a statement after the Southport and Dartford results (when whatever statement JF made was unlikely to suit everyone, so a measured silence was probably a reasonable PR strategy for once).

I have no idea what John's intentions were! How on earth can anyone know (apart from him and anyone with him at the time)? Maybe, just maybe, it was intended as a joke  - by a fan, elated straight after an excellent result, realising that few who were there would be truly back home for 5 hours, who got a post in first with tongue in cheek - as much a comment on the travel distance as anything else?

Of course, that might be as wildly out as any of the other interpretations - but in the absence of understanding what was in someone else's mind perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
TAGG
October 18, 2014, 8:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Bit quite.

UTM

Keep shovelling the money in Tory Boy  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Old Just Back Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.