This thread currently has 13,501 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
October 18, 2014, 9:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
FFS folks, it's a Forum, are we now saying it's only certain folk who can have a wee bit of fun every now and again? Lighten up, we're hopefully on a roll.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
1mickylyons
October 18, 2014, 9:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
John Fenty is entitled to his opinion but by the same token he should respect the opinions of others.Mr Fenty please note that ONLY Promotion back to the football league is success for a Club of our once proud history we are currently 8th and nine points off top spot so I wouldn't be crowing just yet. Also seen as you like to drop the detractors a line only once in it`s 136 year history as GTFC suffered relegation to non league go look in the mirror.and you will see who is to blame SO QUIET SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
carrot top
October 18, 2014, 9:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
GYFR has not endeared himself too well with that.
Every fan has a right to have a moan when things are not going well and conversely praise when things are going well. I believe he has spoken too soon as 2 wins on the spin needs to become 3 & 4 wins on the spin I.e. Consistency first of all, especially at home.
Good result today UTM

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
CambsMariner
October 18, 2014, 9:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +129
John Fenty may be a rich man and be fortunate enough to be part of the running of a football club but he is also a fan of the club. He isn't a director of a company in the FTSE100 or in charge of a Premiership team so what is wrong with him having a bit of fun with the supporters after all the crap he has to put with. He is a person whose financial input and loyalty has put us in a position to get us out of this league again. Don't forget we have been in the play offs for the last 2 seasons where I must admit the team has failed to show up. I think that this will be the last season for us to maintain a promotion challenge as financially the purse strings will be tightened so let us just give the  club our backing and see where we end up. You never know with the supporters behind the team at home we may occasionally turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
Jarmo.Is.God
October 18, 2014, 10:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Is that definitely fenty ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 18, 2014, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
What's the score with the stewards then?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
wigworld
October 18, 2014, 10:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is that definitely fenty ?

Yes, biccys has confirmed it is.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 82
StiggsGTFC
October 18, 2014, 10:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Another great away result. Another result that just reinforces the point that we are fine against teams who open the game up.

The problem is still we do not know how to open defensive teams up at home. Until this home problem is sorted this forum will  veer from euphoria to despondency.

Be interesting to see our home/away stats over the last 12 months.....Also how would we be points wise without dropping points at home to teams in the bottom half of the table?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
TonySmith
October 18, 2014, 10:35pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +963
Gold Stars: 11
How many times have I read people make the comment on here that there are a lot less posts after a win than a defeat? So "bit quiet" could pretty much apply any time we win. I thought it was a fairly restrained and harmless comment.Christ, however much time and money the posters on here have put into supporting Town, John Fenty has put in much, much more.And he is just as passionate about the club as any of us or he would have walked away long ago.  If the regular moaners can't take anything thrown back at them, perhaps they are the ones being a bit childish. Get over it, enjoy the win, and remember that the people you choose to casually insult ( management,players) are the ones working hard to give us back the football league status that we all desperately want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
cleethorpes_mariner
October 18, 2014, 11:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
How the fook can you take "bit quiet" as anything other than a bit of fun, Some on here need to get a life.
They are so good at giving vile abuse but cant take a bit of harmless fun in return.

Good win today and good support from the traveling fans, First time there for me and enjoyed Torquay  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Old Just Back Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.