Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, October 18, 2014, 5:38pm
Bit quite.

UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, October 18, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 1
John............ poor spelling! enjoy the win, like all town fans are UTM!!!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 18, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 2
you must agree that's a lot better john, an improvement from dartford ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 18, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Bit quite.

UTM

Hi john.(welcomeani)
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 18, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 4
Bit quite.

UTM

Or even a bit quiet?  ;)
Posted by: sonik, October 18, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 5
Bit quite.

UTM

I know you've got an Aston Martin but didn't know you had a Tardis. Lol  :)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 18, 2014, 5:49pm; Reply: 6
Bit quite.

UTM

Had you managed to spell it right it would still have been a bit classless and childish for the major shareholder of the club.  
Posted by: Belfast Town, October 18, 2014, 5:51pm; Reply: 7
Thought the Shop was on fire today. Ground out a good result against a decent team. Five good goals. Stewards were tossers.  UTFM.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 18, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Had you managed to spell it right it would still have been a bit classless and childish for the major shareholder of the club.  

He was only having a laugh, ;D

He sounds a lot happier than when I saw him at Dartford.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 18, 2014, 5:55pm; Reply: 9
beam me up scotty lol did you go via a euro fighter?
Posted by: chaos33, October 18, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 10

Absolutely.

If you must taunt your own fans John, I recommend checking the content before posting. Of course, anyone can crow when things are going well, but we didn't hear much from you when things were going wrong? Impressive. Truly impressive all round.

Indeed, though, UTM.
Posted by: Grimal, October 18, 2014, 6:00pm; Reply: 11
Bit quite.

UTM

Switch the predictive text off your phone John. ;)  Great win today.Proud of everyone,Team,Manager and Supporters UTM.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 18, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
Let's have a bit of unity.  Great result and the latest of a number of great away wins.  We all want the best for the club, so let's back the manager and all of the players.  This team could be champions if it wants it.  Luton started to kick on last year when the players, staff, management, kit-washer, bar staff and fans all got behind the team together.  We're at that point now, so let's do it.
Posted by: sonik, October 18, 2014, 6:10pm; Reply: 13

A great win away and still celebrating.    FFS.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 18, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grimal

Switch the predictive text off your phone John. ;)  Great win today.Proud of everyone,Team,Manager and Supporters UTM.

Or give rob scott a tinkle i heard he is computer literate and could help him out ?
Posted by: davmariner, October 18, 2014, 6:17pm; Reply: 15
Bit quite.

UTM

As others have said, fairly childish but never mind. I wouldn't expect any less.

On a positive note, full credit to Paul Hurst and the team. Two excellent results away from home. Important we carry this into home matches and against teams such as Dartford and Southport.
Posted by: Simariner, October 18, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 16
Bit quite.

UTM

You on that wine again John...?

Posted by: sonik, October 18, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Simariner

You on that wine again John...?

Is he. Zinfandel!!!!
Posted by: Maringer, October 18, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 18
Christ. It's coming to something when the major shareholder is trolling the messageboards.  :-/

I wish we could all just be friends.

P.S. Hope LJL's scoring run continues!
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, October 18, 2014, 6:26pm; Reply: 19
Ignore the spelling but he along with Hurst has come in for some stick recently. I really really hope come end of season he can have a dig at the doubters as we will be promoted which is what every person connected with Grimsby Town wants. UTM
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 18, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 20
This is embarrassing and incredibly unprofessional John. Wind your neck in and check your spelling in the future.

Oh and for reference it's quiet because we've just played Torquay, which is five hours drive away. Nobody will be 'just back' unless they're posting on their phones.
Posted by: wigworld, October 18, 2014, 6:33pm; Reply: 21
Great result. And LJL is joint seventh top scorer in the conference premier!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 18, 2014, 6:35pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Chrisblor
Nobody will be 'just back' unless they're posting on their phones.

Or unless they are genuinely just back, by way of a warping of space-time, and the miraculous avoidance of yet another speeding ticket on Humberston Avenue.
Posted by: nickmariners, October 18, 2014, 6:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from chaos33

Absolutely.

If you must taunt your own fans John, I recommend checking the content before posting. Of course, anyone can crow when things are going well, but we didn't hear much from you when things were going wrong? Impressive. Truly impressive all round.

Indeed, though, UTM.

A really fantastic away victory, yet somehow you manage to find a way to find offence in a lighthearted comment and dig out a snarky comment.  Well done chaos33, that takes dedication.

UTM
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 18, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Or unless they are genuinely just back, by way of a warping of space-time, and the miraculous avoidance of yet another speeding ticket on Humberston Avenue.

Careful, that sort of talk got the Fishy shut down last time...

Posted by: psgmariner, October 18, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 25
Paul Hurst should come on here. He could troll the fook out of us tonight after Lenny and Disley won us the match!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 18, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 26
Lennys goal scoring ration this season is 1 ;  2. Only if we had a fit striker to go alongside him. JPP would be the answer but sadly he isn't fit and wont stay fit for the whole season. The defence is the best in the league in my opinion and our midfield is one of the best. Sadly our strike force lets us down, we have 2 promotion standard strikers and only one them is fit.
Posted by: oldludensian, October 18, 2014, 6:39pm; Reply: 27
Do the players get to stay over given the length of the journey or are they somewhere on the road back to GY right now?
Posted by: 0ld timer, October 18, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 28
why carnt some people chill out  .
Posted by: codcheeky, October 18, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Simariner

You on that whine again John...?

corrected
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 18, 2014, 6:43pm; Reply: 30
Great from PH, Disley and Lenny; The March of the Pariahs taking us up the league!
Posted by: Alfie, October 18, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 31
Beggars belief that this clown actually made a decent living for himself in business.

Another irritating and downright childish "PR" gaffe takes the gloss off a great away win.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 18, 2014, 6:48pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Alfie

Beggars belief that this clown actually made a decent living for himself in business.

Another irritating and downright childish "PR" gaffe takes the gloss off a great away win.

Nothing like a bit of faux outrage
Posted by: chaos33, October 18, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from nickmariners

A really fantastic away victory, yet somehow you manage to find a way to find offence in a lighthearted comment and dig out a snarky comment.  Well done chaos33, that takes dedication.

UTM

Wait, don't misunderstand me. I'm not offended. I wouldn't take offence to an off hand, classless and childish swipe at the club's own paying supporters from the owner. I half expect it. Losing pathetically at home to Southport and Altrincham - now that offends me.
Apart from anything else, it's a bit like the 'to all the Hurst knockers' thread. There's just no need. We achieved a fantastic result today and I'm sure everyone is proud and pleased. Who are these people that want to sour it?
Posted by: DocTower, October 18, 2014, 6:50pm; Reply: 34
Bit quite.

UTM

That means everybody , well most , are quite happy for the rest of the weekend . Thanks to all from the Park .
Posted by: marinerdean, October 18, 2014, 6:58pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from chaos33

Absolutely.

Indeed, though, UTM.

I agree with this. He hasn't commented since the results haven't been so great.

But this is a massive result and well done to everyone involved!!

UTM!!
Posted by: LH, October 18, 2014, 7:01pm; Reply: 36
Embarrassing home defeat to Guiseley coming right up!
Posted by: marinerjase, October 18, 2014, 7:04pm; Reply: 37
For crying out loud..just don't say anything.

Cringeworthy.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 18, 2014, 7:10pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from sonik

A great win away and still celebrating.    FFS.

Fully agree that it's another great win, but why not just say that? Why is the major shareholder scoring points on a message board?
Posted by: marinerdean, October 18, 2014, 7:16pm; Reply: 39
Probably the worst just back thread ever!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 18, 2014, 7:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from marinerdean
Probably the worst just back thread ever!!

AND  nobody has got back yet. ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 18, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 41
Oh dear I do hope it isn't J.F. it's a all time low if it is let the team do the talking it's not a them and us thing. Be nice if everybody just got behind ALL the team we have been down here to long. Let's draw a line under this and back the team and manager  The team need to know you are on their side not their feckin backs and by team I mean Paul Hurst as well. UTM
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 18, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 42
I feel that a Director of a company thinks it is funny to mock the paying customers on a public forum............................................. Didnt Gerald Ratner do that once ????
Posted by: moosey_club, October 18, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from oldludensian
Do the players get to stay over given the length of the journey or are they somewhere on the road back to GY right now?

a fair few only have 3/4 of the distance as they dont live here.
Posted by: rancido, October 18, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 44
JF and PH have taken loads of flak on this site from being called clueless, a clown, tactically inept and innumerable other insults which most seem to think is ok. JF (?) comes out with one tongue-in-cheek remark and suddenly he becomes Public Enemy No1. The problem with too many posters on here is that they only want it one way - to be able to criticise but not allow any form of reply.
Posted by: rancido, October 18, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 45
JF and PH have taken loads of flak on this site from being called clueless, a clown, tactically inept and innumerable other insults which most seem to think is ok. JF (?) comes out with one tongue-in-cheek remark and suddenly he becomes Public Enemy No1. The problem with too many posters on here is that they only want it one way - to be able to criticise but not allow any form of reply.
Posted by: chaos33, October 18, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 46
Oh give over

Critical analysis is one thing, as are differences of opinion, but t1t for tat, peevish taunting amongst people who disagree is tedious, infantile and counterproductive, especially if they support the same club, or are (say) the owner of said club. Anybody engaging in goading fellow Town fans, starting threads, sending tweets etc. Pathetic. Go somewhere else and let the intelligent adults discuss things back and forth.
Posted by: sonik, October 18, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from chaos33
Oh give over

Why? We are on the M5 having a laugh with a few beers. A great weekend and a bit of fun.

UTM!
Posted by: codcheeky, October 18, 2014, 8:00pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Belfast Town
Thought the Shop was on fire today. Ground out a good result against a decent team. Five good goals. Stewards were tossers.  UTFM.

tossers is too kind a word
Posted by: CambsMariner, October 18, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 49
Well done John and Paul, I have been one of your biggest detractors over the years (John not Paul). Things didn't start well this year but we all knew that was due to suspensions carried over from last season, injuries and the settling in of new players. I do agree that we somehow need to improve our home form, there are 2 reasons for this and one of them is the high expectation of fans and teams just coming to Blundell Park and parking the bus and waiting for us to make a defensive error. In the Conference we are deemed as a big team, so if the lesser teams get a result against us they are more than happy. Even the teams who are on a par with us like Torquay, Bristol Rovers and Wrexham will come and play like we did away to Wrexham and Torquay.
             When we were playing league football and I know some of you can go further back in history than I can, 1st game Hartlepool at home 1970, but I got to see the glory days of the McMenemy, Kerr, Booth and Buckley eras, we were always on a par and whilst in the Championship usually the underdog so teams would always come to get a win which allowed us to play more expansive football plus football was a lot less tactical in those days.
        We have had 2 great away wins over the last  week and yes we may lose to Guiseley next weekend but it isn't really important. Our main priority is to get Grimsby out of this league and for the fans to get behind them the same way they do away from home. I went to the home game against Chester and the crowd were really nervous and subdued and even when we went 3 up and in my opinion destroyed Chester the fans never really go into the game.
        We need to start treating the players as though they are part of a new start in our history. We all like to be complimented in our work, fortunately most of us don't have to work in front of 3000 fans, so lets just get behind the management and the players because they have shown they can beat anybody when they aren't under pressure all the time.
       So next home league game let us just cheer them on from the 1st to the last and make Blundell Park the place it used to be.

Posted by: denni266, October 18, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 50
He is quite entitled to have a little dig / fun  at some of us. every wheel turns full circle , and if you give it, be man enough to take it ,  I still dont think  Hurst is the man to take us up, but well done for today
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 18, 2014, 8:23pm; Reply: 51
Lots of faux-outrage here. It's a little dig, maybe not the most professional thing in the world, but not a massive problem really.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 18, 2014, 8:25pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from rancido

+1

It's give and take. Reminds me of the whiny fans who moan when players they have been slagging off give a bit back. Fannies.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 18, 2014, 8:26pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from denni266
He is quite entitled to have a little dig / fun  at some of us. every wheel turns full circle , and if you give it, be man enough to take it ,  I still dont think  Hurst is the man to take us up, but well done for today

Same.
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 18, 2014, 8:32pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from psgmariner

+1

It's give and take. Reminds me of the whiny fans who moan when players they have been slagging off give a bit back. Fannies.

Absolutely. It's a strange mentality that certainly doesn't wash in any other situation in society - "I can say what I want/give what abuse I want, but don't give any back! That's out of order!".
Posted by: ackomariner, October 18, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 55

Absolutely , couldn't come on and give the paying public a statement for all the cr@p that's been going on the last month, but can now come on and take the p!ss out of the paying public.

Grow up mr fenty and stop acting like a ten year old child
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 18, 2014, 8:44pm; Reply: 56
#Trolledbyfenty
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 18, 2014, 8:48pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from MarinerWY

Absolutely. It's a strange mentality that certainly doesn't wash in any other situation in society - "I can say what I want/give what abuse I want, but don't give any back! That's out of order!".

But that's not really the case is it? I don't think anyone has taken offence, I certainly haven't, I just think it's embarrassing in the same way the 'hurst knockers' thread is embarrassing and pointless. I think we have to expect better from those that run the club, especially when you look at the lack of success they have had in running it. I'm happy we've won as I always am but I won't  be getting carried away, just as I won't be hysterically calling for anyone to be sacked if we lose a couple of games.

As the main man at a football club you have to expect some criticism from time to time (even if you're good at it).
Posted by: DavidB, October 18, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 58
It's amazing how so much can be read into so few words!

Several posters are interpreting John's post as 'having a dig' at fans or getting back at those who were very vocal in their criticism; others are drawing unfavourable comparisons with the lack of a statement after the Southport and Dartford results (when whatever statement JF made was unlikely to suit everyone, so a measured silence was probably a reasonable PR strategy for once).

I have no idea what John's intentions were! How on earth can anyone know (apart from him and anyone with him at the time)? Maybe, just maybe, it was intended as a joke  - by a fan, elated straight after an excellent result, realising that few who were there would be truly back home for 5 hours, who got a post in first with tongue in cheek - as much a comment on the travel distance as anything else?

Of course, that might be as wildly out as any of the other interpretations - but in the absence of understanding what was in someone else's mind perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt?
Posted by: TAGG, October 18, 2014, 8:58pm; Reply: 59
Bit quite.

UTM

Keep shovelling the money in Tory Boy  ;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 18, 2014, 9:16pm; Reply: 60
FFS folks, it's a Forum, are we now saying it's only certain folk who can have a wee bit of fun every now and again? Lighten up, we're hopefully on a roll.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 18, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 61
John Fenty is entitled to his opinion but by the same token he should respect the opinions of others.Mr Fenty please note that ONLY Promotion back to the football league is success for a Club of our once proud history we are currently 8th and nine points off top spot so I wouldn't be crowing just yet. Also seen as you like to drop the detractors a line only once in it`s 136 year history as GTFC suffered relegation to non league go look in the mirror.and you will see who is to blame SO QUIET SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Posted by: carrot top, October 18, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 62
GYFR has not endeared himself too well with that.
Every fan has a right to have a moan when things are not going well and conversely praise when things are going well. I believe he has spoken too soon as 2 wins on the spin needs to become 3 & 4 wins on the spin I.e. Consistency first of all, especially at home.
Good result today UTM
Posted by: CambsMariner, October 18, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 63
John Fenty may be a rich man and be fortunate enough to be part of the running of a football club but he is also a fan of the club. He isn't a director of a company in the FTSE100 or in charge of a Premiership team so what is wrong with him having a bit of fun with the supporters after all the crap he has to put with. He is a person whose financial input and loyalty has put us in a position to get us out of this league again. Don't forget we have been in the play offs for the last 2 seasons where I must admit the team has failed to show up. I think that this will be the last season for us to maintain a promotion challenge as financially the purse strings will be tightened so let us just give the  club our backing and see where we end up. You never know with the supporters behind the team at home we may occasionally turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a win.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 18, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 64
Is that definitely fenty ?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 18, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 65
What's the score with the stewards then?
Posted by: wigworld, October 18, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is that definitely fenty ?

Yes, biccys has confirmed it is.

Posted by: StiggsGTFC, October 18, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 67
Another great away result. Another result that just reinforces the point that we are fine against teams who open the game up.

The problem is still we do not know how to open defensive teams up at home. Until this home problem is sorted this forum will  veer from euphoria to despondency.

Be interesting to see our home/away stats over the last 12 months.....Also how would we be points wise without dropping points at home to teams in the bottom half of the table?

Posted by: TonySmith, October 18, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 68
How many times have I read people make the comment on here that there are a lot less posts after a win than a defeat? So "bit quiet" could pretty much apply any time we win. I thought it was a fairly restrained and harmless comment.Christ, however much time and money the posters on here have put into supporting Town, John Fenty has put in much, much more.And he is just as passionate about the club as any of us or he would have walked away long ago.  If the regular moaners can't take anything thrown back at them, perhaps they are the ones being a bit childish. Get over it, enjoy the win, and remember that the people you choose to casually insult ( management,players) are the ones working hard to give us back the football league status that we all desperately want.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, October 18, 2014, 11:53pm; Reply: 69
How the fook can you take "bit quiet" as anything other than a bit of fun, Some on here need to get a life.
They are so good at giving vile abuse but cant take a bit of harmless fun in return.

Good win today and good support from the traveling fans, First time there for me and enjoyed Torquay  :)
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 19, 2014, 12:02am; Reply: 70
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
What's the score with the stewards then?

Interested to know as well....

Also, anyone manage to risk a massive fine for the club by letting off a flare today?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 2:28am; Reply: 71
Quoted from chaos33
Oh give over

Critical analysis is one thing, as are differences of opinion, but t1t for tat, peevish taunting amongst people who disagree is tedious, infantile and counterproductive, especially if they support the same club, or are (say) the owner of said club. Anybody engaging in goading fellow Town fans, starting threads

Starting threads ?!?!!    ??)

If you ask me to guess, John's saying it's quiet cos no-ones moaning.
Isn't (or wasn't) that good ?  :-/
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 19, 2014, 8:32am; Reply: 72
On holiday and just read this. We are eigth in the table FFS and have just beaten a team that did the same to us at BP. The time for 'I told you so' is when we are back in League 2 and not a moment sooner.
Posted by: nickmariners, October 19, 2014, 8:36am; Reply: 73
[quote=26417]

Absolutely , couldn't come on and give the paying public a statement for all the cr@p that's been going on the last month, but can now come on and take the p!ss out of the paying public.

Grow up mr fenty and stop acting like a ten year old child [/quote

yeah -- looking for offence in every little thing, not able to respond to trivialities in a reasonable way is far more mature, isn't it?  Spolied teenager mature.
Posted by: gtfc82, October 19, 2014, 8:50am; Reply: 74
I can't believe that people actually think that Getyourfactsright is John Fenty!!!  ;D
Posted by: SteveL, October 19, 2014, 8:50am; Reply: 75
Look, I've been having a go at Paul Hurst, along with many others, over the last couple of weeks and today has done nothing to change my opinion. I know we have got a decent squad capable of beating anyone in this league and we have shown that against the better teams. My problem with Paul is that, as yet, he doesn't seem to know how to set his team and tactics up against the 'weaker' teams - especially at home where we should be dominating games. So until he sorts this out I shall continue to get on his back.

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 19, 2014, 9:14am; Reply: 76
Ffs anyone who gets so upset that fenty has the nerve to come on here and troll ,so successfully to a nothing comment , needs to man up , grow a pair and get ova that fooking wall . What a bunch of babies .
I don't blame him tbh the amount of grief he gets on here
Posted by: Dan, October 19, 2014, 9:20am; Reply: 77
I like that John comes on here. It humanises him.
Posted by: rancido, October 19, 2014, 10:31am; Reply: 78
Quoted from TAGG

Keep shovelling the money in Tory Boy  ;)

FFS!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 19, 2014, 1:18pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from gtfc82
I can't believe that people actually think that Getyourfactsright is John Fenty!!!  ;D

It is John Fenty,

It has been confirmed by GrimRob.
Posted by: Teesknees, October 19, 2014, 1:22pm; Reply: 80
Is this the first Just Back thread with no actual reviews of the match on it?!
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, October 19, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Teesknees
Is this the first Just Back thread with no actual reviews of the match on it?!

Is there another thread where we can read reports of the match? I'm not interested in all the carping about John Fenty, but I would like to hear from some of the fans that went yesterday....
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 82

Is there another thread where we can read reports of the match? I'm not interested in all the carping about John Fenty, but I would like to hear from some of the fans that went yesterday....

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1413656353/
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:24am