6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Striker-search-burner/story-23171543-detail/story.html[/url]

so we don't need another one at the min according to paul and he is happy with what we have got.

one week he is the next he isn't and after a good result at Wrexham he seems to be ok to "go with what he has got"

his reluctance to spend money which JF has already stated he has will cost us this season, I just cant understand why he wont get one in.

jon paul has just resumed after a month or so out, ross is out of favour and form in the league, lenny (pen) is always the main striker no matter what and young rhys oates is on loan but not what can get us 20 goals..

its also this one week were fine the next he is watching matches to get a striker in , its quite a farce really.

we have 3 strikers one I really rate in pittman but that strikeforce is not going to get us the goals for promotion.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
October 15, 2014, 9:35am
Guest User
Do you actually read what you link to?

Not word for word but he is saying.

The search will continue but the pressure is off due to Arnold and Pittman returning from injury.

Reply: 1 - 53
jimgtfc
October 15, 2014, 9:38am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
We've actually got 4 strikers...

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 15, 2014, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jimgtfc

Not strictly true is it? We may have got 4 players who can play in central forward positions. To call them strikers implies that they might actually put the ball in the net.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

Hannah, lenny(pen) , pittman.

then oates on loan, we have 3 permanent strikers.

don't class Arnold as he is a winger who can play up front, not an out and out striker.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
DocTower
October 15, 2014, 9:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Ross showed last night , playing with the right partner up front he could score the goals that we saw from him when he first arrived . Unfortunately he isn't ,  you could see the joy on his face when he got the second goal , turned speed bang , dam simple , very effective . Think he was only offside twice all match too .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
headingly_mariner
October 15, 2014, 9:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 3610
Do you actually read what you link to?

Not word for word but he is saying.

The search will continue but the pressure is off due to Arnold and Pittman returning from injury.

That's exactly what I got and it makes sense to me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
jimgtfc
October 15, 2014, 9:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40

Not strictly true is it? We may have got 4 players who can play in central forward positions. To call them strikers implies that they might actually put the ball in the net.

that's a fair point.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
Garth
October 15, 2014, 10:04am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Not to me it does`nt, the lack of another striker will keep us in this league. penny pinching.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

So basically it is the same strikers we started the season with which the majority on here said wont get us the goals we need to get us promotion is now all of a sudden just fine ?

paul was rushing up and down the motorway last week trying to get a striker in but this week because jon paul is back and Nathan has been on the pitch for more than 30 seconds all is fine again.

regardless of who is fit and not we need a striker in who can actually score goals, we have not scored a goal in open play 4 matches   now.

you can twist it how you want but the sane people on here will clearly see we need a striker in now

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker or not actually

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.