thevera
October 15, 2014, 10:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Garth

Not to me it does`nt, the lack of another striker will keep us in this league. penny pinching.

Are you and johnny boy not able to accept what PH says in that he has yet to find a striker to improve on what we have?
You call it penny pinching but when a striker, any striker comes in and you are happy for a while but then when he  doesn't do the business you will then say what a waste of the budget,  PH just can't win.
It sounds as if it is not for the want of trying to get one in but the ones we want are not there. Please TRY and accept this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
chicaneuk
October 15, 2014, 10:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from DocTower
Ross showed last night , playing with the right partner up front he could score the goals that we saw from him when he first arrived . Unfortunately he isn't ,  you could see the joy on his face when he got the second goal , turned speed bang , dam simple , very effective . Think he was only offside twice all match too .

Hopefully PH could see it too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from thevera

Are you and johnny boy not able to accept what PH says in that he has yet to find a striker to improve on what we have?
You call it penny pinching but when a striker, any striker comes in and you are happy for a while but then when he  doesn't do the business you will then say what a waste of the budget,  PH just can't win.
It sounds as if it is not for the want of trying to get one in but the ones we want are not there. Please TRY and accept this.

Because strikers to improve what we have will cost that little bit more..

everyone knows a striker who is proven and has the ability to score goals  at our level will cost more than a guy who scores the odd few here and there.

I struggle to see why many don't understand this.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
October 15, 2014, 11:00am
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82

So basically it is the same strikers we started the season with which the majority on here said wont get us the goals we need to get us promotion is now all of a sudden just fine ?

paul was rushing up and down the motorway last week trying to get a striker in but this week because jon paul is back and Nathan has been on the pitch for more than 30 seconds all is fine again.

regardless of who is fit and not we need a striker in who can actually score goals, we have not scored a goal in open play 4 matches   now.

you can twist it how you want but the sane people on here will clearly see we need a striker in now

Have you read it yet?

Whether I am sane or not is another debate! But the only people twisting stuff here is the telegraph and you

At no point does he say all is fine. In fact he says he is still searching and if the right one (better than we have) becomes available then he will move.

Pittman and Arnold have looked really good so far. Having them available is a massive plus- and therefore makes the situation 'not as worrying' as last week.
Reply: 13 - 53
grimsby pete
October 15, 2014, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
To be honest , I can understand why Hurst has put looking for a striker on the back burner,

With Pittman and Arnold both fit ( for the time being )

Plus we must have looked or enquired about every available striker in L2 and below,

We have no one else to look at.

Lets hope one pops up from nowhere in the New Year,

BECAUSE

We are going to need one to get promotion.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 3610

Have you read it yet?

Whether I am sane or not is another debate! But the only people twisting stuff here is the telegraph and you

At no point does he say all is fine. In fact he says he is still searching and if the right one (better than we have) becomes available then he will move.

Pittman and Arnold have looked really good so far. Having them available is a massive plus- and therefore makes the situation 'not as worrying' as last week.

Have you actually read what I put ?

I never said paul said all is fine I said the majority on here think all is fine to go with the current strikers we have yet only a few weeks  ago this place was in meltdown with many saying were is our striker we need to get us the goals.

wether players are back or not this team needs a quality striker, its good he is still searching I mean its only been months so another few wont hurt will it ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
October 15, 2014, 11:53am
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Have you actually read what I put ?

I never said paul said all is fine I said the majority on here think all is fine to go with the current strikers we have yet only a few weeks  ago this place was in meltdown with many saying were is our striker we need to get us the goals.

wether players are back or not this team needs a quality striker, its good he is still searching I mean its only been months so another few wont hurt will it ?

Read your first line of your first thread.
Reply: 16 - 53
gtfc98
October 15, 2014, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Because strikers to improve what we have will cost that little bit more..

everyone knows a striker who is proven and has the ability to score goals  at our level will cost more than a guy who scores the odd few here and there.

I struggle to see why many don't understand this.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. You've already said you don't go to games anymore anyway

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2014, 12:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

I wouldn't worry about it mate. You've already said you don't go to games anymore anyway

yep.

not getting sucked in again.  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
acko338
October 15, 2014, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Paul Hurst must be praying for an injury free month or so at least for all of the forwards to create competition for places and have a plan B for subbing.

Pittman is a class above and Arnold has shown very brief promise when fit.

Parslow is showing versatility during his loan spell as well, helping the defence at the other end - keeps goals for needed down a bit as well!

Perhaps a search for the elusive forward may move northwards with the knowledge of the new goalie coach?

I seem to remember in the past us making a derisory bid for Andrew Stokes, currently playing for Celtic.

Could a young up and comer from the lower leagues want a contract in this league? Who is there popping goals in?

Has the Doc - Kenny Deuchars retired yet ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker or not actually

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.