KingstonMariner
October 18, 2014, 8:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth

Agree totally, now toilet rolls are cheaper, cleaner and totally harmless, falling on deaf ears I`m afraid

Should be careful where you throw them as the deaf can't hear them coming.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 18, 2014, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
Full marks to them when you consider we have been crap for their entire lifetime. The noise can only inspire the players. Even the youtube vidoes come close to actually raising the hairs on the back of your neck  

The last time the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end was when the manager signed that striker in the summer.

My bet - some idiot will still set off a flare/bomb at Torquay just to show how clever they are.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
poomehellt
October 18, 2014, 10:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I see the smoke bombs have made the front page of the Telegraph today.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
grimsby pete
October 18, 2014, 10:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
If the FA dock the club points for this ( if it continues )

That could cost us promotion,

It's hard enough to get out of this league as it is,

Please lads do not make it any harder.

Scream and shout but no smoke bombs  thanks.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Mariner Ronnie
October 18, 2014, 1:39pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
they won't dock any points, if they did that, people would go to every barnet game and let one off

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
rancido
October 18, 2014, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I'll repeat what I said in the 'just back' thread : Finally, a message to the 'Teenage Cas(ual) Club': If you must insist on bringing flares/smoke bombs to 'enhance' the atmosphere be sensible with them. Let them off around you mates and not in the faces of little kids as you did when you all piled down the front of the stand and don't aim them at people. The second one landed very close to to Wrexham stewards. You should remember most people stewarding at this level are doing it because they are football fans too - not for the money. I hope it doesn't result any fines for the club.

Fair play for renting a mini bus and being organised though. Supporting your local club with your mates it's what it's all about. When done in the right way. The shenanigans at Wrexham General just don't reflect well on the club, Grimsby or Lincolnshire so try to think about that.

I'm sorry but that is a totally crass statement. To the " Teenage Cas(ual) Club " do not bring smoke bombs or any other pyrotechnic devices to football matches - end of ! They are dangerous, illegal, totally irresponsible and a complete annoyance to the rest of the fans. According to a fact sheet from the FA , any fan caught being in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a match " faces a real risk of going to prison". The FA also add that although a smoke bomb may be seen as less dangerous than a flare or firework , the courts do not differentiate between them. It should be noted that fans have been sentenced to 3 months in prison just for carrying smoke bombs!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
KK_DOG
October 18, 2014, 3:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Pyrotechnics and football – what we know

Pyrotechnics are illegal at football grounds
Being in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a football match, or attempting to bring a pyrotechnic device into a football stadium, is a criminal offence under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985. Any person committing such an offence faces arrest and can expect the Court to make a Football Banning Order.

The 2012/13 season saw a record number arrested for pyrotechnics
There were 71 arrests for ‘Possession of a Firework / Flare at a Sporting Event’. This was an increase of 154% on arrests recorded for the 2011/12 season (2. These arrests have occurred at more matches in the Premier League (26) and Championship (21) than in League 1 and League 2 which saw less than five arrests each.

People are getting jailed and banned
•     In November 2013 a Manchester United fan that set off a smoke bomb during their clash with West Bromwich Albion - Sir Alex Ferguson's last game in charge – was given a two month jail term (suspended for 12 months) and banned from any football grounds for three years.
•     In February 2013 two Chelsea fans were jailed for 28 days and given six year football banning orders for taking smoke bombs into the Liberty Stadium for a match versus Swansea City. Their appeal for the sentence was thrown out.
•     In January 2013 an 18 year old Exeter City fan was jailed for two months and given a six year banning order for attempting to take a smoke bomb into Torquay United v Exeter City.
•     In August 2012 an Oxford United fan was jailed for two months and given a six year banning order for taking a smoke bomb into Home Park for a match versus Plymouth Argyle.

Incidents nearly always involved the away supporters
Of the 172 reported pyrotechnic incidents in the 2012/13 season, 164 were committed by away supporters.

They are used by younger fans
The average age of supporters arrested for pyrotechnic use is 20. Little disorder was reported as a direct result of their use.

What do football clubs do to counter the threat of pyrotechnics?

They gather intelligence
Prior to matches research is undertaken to find relevant intelligence about the visiting Club and the behaviour of their supporters with the Police, with the visiting club’s safety officer and by studying the reports collated on the Football Safety Officers Association website. When it is indicated that a threat exists in relation to smoke bombs, flares or fireworks mitigation is deployed.

How do they mitigate at grounds?
•     Pyrotechnic detection dogs are used as a visible deterrent and detect pyrotechnic devices both at points of entry and on the concourses. Their use is advertised to fans. Amnesty bins for those carrying pyros are often used by clubs.
•     Stewards and Security Officers are briefed on the intelligence relating to the visiting fans and how to react in the event of the illegal ignition of pyrotechnics.
•     Thorough searching of people entering the stadium is undertaken by security officers under the supervision of police.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Paris Mariner
October 18, 2014, 7:23pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from rancido

I'm sorry but that is a totally crass statement. To the " Teenage Cas(ual) Club " do not bring smoke bombs or any other pyrotechnic devices to football matches - end of ! They are dangerous, illegal, totally irresponsible and a complete annoyance to the rest of the fans. According to a fact sheet from the FA , any fan caught being in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a match " faces a real risk of going to prison". The FA also add that although a smoke bomb may be seen as less dangerous than a flare or firework , the courts do not differentiate between them. It should be noted that fans have been sentenced to 3 months in prison just for carrying smoke bombs!

I put it that way because we've seen the propaganda yet people still do it.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › young fans at Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.