4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
October 13, 2014, 4:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Anyone caught with or using a smoke bomb/flare etc in a football ground should be banned for life from all sporting venues as well as any other sentence the court deems fit to give. Simple they are illegal, dangerous and a health hazard.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
Madeleymariner
October 13, 2014, 7:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from fishyrich
The more youth that go the better. When they first started travelling i thought they were all muppets and the novelty would wear off. To be fair to them, there's more and more each week, the atmosphere is superb - keep it up!!!

As for the smoke bombs, probably best not throwing them but in the stand on Saturday was awesome. If you don't like it, don't sit near them

UTM

Last sentence there is the problem. We weren't sat near them they were at the back we were right at the front, they came to the front when the penalty was awarded and promptly set one off under Son Ofs feet, lucky he did not see which @rse set it off as he would have been straight over the wall with a 12 foot drop onto the concrete below as far as we were concerned  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
Fcukthescunts
October 13, 2014, 10:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
The lads create a great atmosphere (Alferton away last season was really good) but do agree they need to be more careful where/when smoke bombs are set off. Alferton open terrace with small tin shed at back no issue but covered stands like Wrexham not good. Certainly dont want to discourage them from going to games without them the atmosphere would be flat just a bit more awareness for others around them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
arryarryarry
October 13, 2014, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
My source tells me the club are trying to identify anyone who lets off a smoke bomb especially at away games and if caught I would expect a lengthy ban.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
mrsd
October 13, 2014, 10:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Having had one land at my feet whilst standing with an 8yr old I can say that anyone throwing them is an irresponsible idiot! I just don't see the connection between smoke bombs and supporting a football team. Sing, chant and bang the damn drum  but please no smoke bombs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
barralad
October 13, 2014, 10:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
The lads create a great atmosphere (Alferton away last season was really good) but do agree they need to be more careful where/when smoke bombs are set off. Alferton open terrace with small tin shed at back no issue but covered stands like Wrexham not good. Certainly dont want to discourage them from going to games without them the atmosphere would be flat just a bit more awareness for others around them.

We aren't talking the firework code here. There is no justification for letting them off at all. End of.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Nelly GTFC
October 14, 2014, 12:42am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
I presume any form of pyrotechnics are banned from football grounds, health and safety risk.

It's upto Wrexham and their Police if they wish to use CCTV to catch anyone, sames goes for any other teams and fans.

Article here that mentions Liverpool would ban fans who do it home or away >> [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315162/Liverpool-warn-fans-expect-bans-set-smoke-bombs.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315162/Liverpool-warn-fans-expect-bans-set-smoke-bombs.html[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
chicaneuk
October 14, 2014, 9:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Have to agree with the majority of folks. I tend to go to more away games than home games because I live nowhere near Grimsby, and these lads seem to be at most games I end up going to. I like the fact they're passionate and make a bit of noise and it's great to see that kind of support but really wish they'd sack off the smoke bombs. They're just a crap idea all round. They give us a bad reputation, they urine everyone off, and they risk injuring themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
ponnyfan
October 18, 2014, 7:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Anyone remotely condoning this type of behaviour would do well to remember what happened at Valley Parade.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
GrimRob
October 18, 2014, 7:40am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Full marks to them when you consider we have been crap for their entire lifetime. The noise can only inspire the players. Even the youtube vidoes come close to actually raising the hairs on the back of your neck  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › young fans at Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.