Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 420 Guests

young fans at Wrexham

This thread currently has 7,034 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
October 12, 2014, 4:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from Paris Mariner

RE stewards - maybe Towns problem is at this level it's difficult to predict away followings and it's better for the club to be safe than sorry.

It seems silly the amount of stewards they have on for most games. For example against Altringham, Welling, Southport there would have been enough for 3/4 stewards for 1 away fan. It is totally unnecessary. On the other hand Woking, Torquay, Forest Green, Macclesfield, Eastleigh, Braintree, Welling, Dover, Dartford, Southport and Altringham are all renowned for there high risk groups which have the potential to cause trouble. When was the last time it actually kicked off inside Blundell Park? I probably sound like a boring, moaning brat but I just think its pointless having so many there when there is a minimal amount of trouble . We have a high amount of unintelligent people in this town but I don't think anyone is stupid enough to run at a gate and get a banning order and a fine against Dartford. I wonder if they realise that the hooligans/ trouble causers only attend Blundell in which there are big away followings and they are not bothered about causing trouble at 75 % of teams in this league.
Reply: 10 - 37
Paris Mariner
October 12, 2014, 4:31pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I'm not saying it's right - I agree - just offering a possible reason.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 37
MyDogsThoughts
October 12, 2014, 4:40pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
360 Town fans at Wrexham.

Great number considering the distance and 'rumblings of discontent' some people seem to claim we have amongst our support.

Would have been a lot quieter without the youngsters, but I too do not like smoke producing canisters and we should encourage the lads to think again about bringing them to games.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
fiveallive
October 12, 2014, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I really don't agree with the OP. I don't know what flares and smoke bombs bring to the games this isn't Italy, i personally think these can give a club a bad name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
Henryscat
October 12, 2014, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I'll repeat what I said in the 'just back' thread : Finally, a message to the 'Teenage Cas(ual) Club': If you must insist on bringing flares/smoke bombs to 'enhance' the atmosphere be sensible with them. Let them off around you mates and not in the faces of little kids as you did when you all piled down the front of the stand and don't aim them at people. The second one landed very close to to Wrexham stewards. You should remember most people stewarding at this level are doing it because they are football fans too - not for the money. I hope it doesn't result any fines for the club.

Fair play for renting a mini bus and being organised though. Supporting your local club with your mates it's what it's all about. When done in the right way. The shenanigans at Wrexham General just don't reflect well on the club, Grimsby or Lincolnshire so try to think about that.

I'm certainly not one of the youngsters mentioned and I couldn't go this season but I've been to Wrexham many a time and 3 out of the last 4 when I've been on the train I've had some Welsh billy big biscuits try and have a go at me so maybe this isn't a reflection on those from grimsby at wrexham general but more a reflection of the locals.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
fishyrich
October 13, 2014, 8:56am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -38
The more youth that go the better. When they first started travelling i thought they were all muppets and the novelty would wear off. To be fair to them, there's more and more each week, the atmosphere is superb - keep it up!!!

As for the smoke bombs, probably best not throwing them but in the stand on Saturday was awesome. If you don't like it, don't sit near them

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
barralad
October 13, 2014, 10:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from fishyrich
The more youth that go the better. When they first started travelling i thought they were all muppets and the novelty would wear off. To be fair to them, there's more and more each week, the atmosphere is superb - keep it up!!!

As for the smoke bombs, probably best not throwing them but in the stand on Saturday was awesome. If you don't like it, don't sit near them

UTM

Your final paragraph sums up entirely what the problem is here.
What exactly was "awesome" about being half choked by acrid smoke? Town were given the upper portion of approximately half of the stand. When the smoke bombs were let off the smoke became trapped by the roof of the stand and instead of going upwards went outwards, affecting anybody who had elected to follow your advice and not sit near them. There were people coming out past me in clear distress with their breathing, eyes streaming and coughing. The day that such inconsiderate behaviour becomes acceptable is the day I give up watching Town away. I have been to many away games with brilliant atmospheres and not a smoke bomb or flare in sight...Get a grip.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 13, 2014, 10:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

What exactly was "awesome" about being half choked by acrid smoke? Town were given the upper portion of approximately half of the stand. When the smoke bombs were let off the smoke became trapped by the roof of the stand and instead of going upwards went outwards, affecting anybody who had elected to follow your advice and not sit near them. There were people coming out past me in clear distress with their breathing, eyes streaming and coughing. The day that such inconsiderate behaviour becomes acceptable is the day I give up watching Town away. I have been to many away games with brilliant atmospheres and not a smoke bomb or flare in sight...Get a grip.

Absolutely. Matches are for everyone not just a minority. Have fun but think of others.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
Garth
October 13, 2014, 11:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from barralad

Agree totally, now toilet rolls are cheaper, cleaner and totally harmless, falling on deaf ears I`m afraid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
gary_elton
October 13, 2014, 4:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
My girlfriends little lad , who is 7 has suffered breathing problems and had an inhaler for about 3 years...

I shudder to think what he would suffer should one of these be let off near to him.  He loves his football ,
and I wouldn't want anything to put this smashing little fella  " Junior Mariners Trust member " off going...

He sings the songs , and enjoys wearing either of his 2 Town shirts.  Please lads , think on before you use
flares / smoke bombs... just saying... might look good , but could seriously affect others in a bad way.

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › young fans at Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.