This thread currently has 4,185 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
October 6, 2014, 11:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Hannah's form is more worrying than the Shop IMO at present what is actually offering the team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
jonnyboy82
October 6, 2014, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
here is the celebration or should I say lack of it.

Its more of a dig at the fans behind the goal I would say and a " I have just kept the man who I cant do no wrong under and also the man you want out of a job safe for another week"  it looks like a cheap shot to me.

quite absurd for a striker who misses more than he scores, oh wait sorry he isn't in the team for goals is he.

[url]https://vine.co/v/OKiJWYlZhmO[/url]

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
DocTower
October 6, 2014, 2:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mrsd
The guy is human and is probably totally p'd off at the amount of abuse he gets from so called fans. Possibly not the most sensible thing to do but understandable non the less.

The best way to stop the abuse is ?
Think we are p'd off watching him fail , and paying for that privilege .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
DNMariner
October 6, 2014, 7:05pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
Quoted from RoboCod
The games played/goals scored factor isn't worth much, it's surely down to actual chances missed or taken. This is the big one. Lincoln summed it up, in the right place at the right time, unmarked just the easy bit to do, a lob over an advancing goalie into the goal.
Failed miserably. Truly awful miss. The fans and the team seemed to take a blow to their collective confidence levels at that stage.
Can't knock his work rate etc and he gets so much right, which is why he gets so many chances in a game but his finishing is punishing Town, both in the goals for column and in the confidence of Town to take anything from a game.

'The easy bit... a lob over an advancing goalie.'

I know LJL is a bit too profligate for anybody's liking, but by no means is lobbing a keeper one-on-one easy, let alone when you're low on confidence like he most probably is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
TAGG
October 6, 2014, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,964
Gold Stars: 123
Wasnt at the game so didn't want to comment until I had seen it elsewhere now I have.. In the styleee of a former Fenty employee 'if you don't like it Lenny intercourse off'

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
RoboCod
October 6, 2014, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from DNMariner

'The easy bit... a lob over an advancing goalie.'

I know LJL is a bit too profligate for anybody's liking, but by no means is lobbing a keeper one-on-one easy, let alone when you're low on confidence like he most probably is.

Were you there?

It was easy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL penalty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.