Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 5, 2014, 6:20pm
http://youtu.be/F5lVPie2Av0
Posted by: mariner91, October 5, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 1
Thanks for that, very well taken. Maybe he can't hit a moving ball as cleanly and that's why he struggles with some simple chances? Definitely saw a finger to the lips as well.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, October 5, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 2
Stopped filming just before he turned to the town fans with his finger to his lips as if to say "shut the intercourse up" well Lennel me old son, stop missing that cows bottom with that banjo you keep swinging around your head then we will shut up!

Until then how about sticking a few more chances in the back of the net
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 5, 2014, 6:52pm; Reply: 3
Agree
Were he a 15-20 goals a season man then perhaps he could be justified
But 31 goals in 8 seasons is sh*te for a striker at any level

All round play - League Two/One
Goalscoring - Isthmian, Doc Martens, Vanarama, Bananarama, Bananas in Pyjamas.....
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 5, 2014, 7:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Agree
Were he a 15-20 goals a season man then perhaps he could be justified
But 31 goals in 8 seasons is sh*te for a striker at any level

All round play - League Two/One
Goalscoring - Isthmian, Doc Martens, Vanarama, Bananarama, Bananas in Pyjamas.....

Fair enough but doesn't he have 4 goals in 10 or 11 games this season? That would make him a 15 goal a season man if he carries that form on.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 5, 2014, 7:33pm; Reply: 5
Good penalty...but for me he should of shown his appreciation to the travelling town fans too.
Posted by: BIGChris, October 5, 2014, 7:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Fair enough but doesn't he have 4 goals in 10 or 11 games this season? That would make him a 15 goal a season man if he carries that form on.

4 goals in 10 starts this season
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 5, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from BIGChris

4 goals in 10 starts this season

Which is pretty decent going for a non goal scoring forward!
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 5, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Stopped filming just before he turned to the town fans with his finger to his lips as if to say "shut the intercourse up" well Lennel me old son, stop missing that cows bottom with that banjo you keep swinging around your head then we will shut up!

Until then how about sticking a few more chances in the back of the net

i didn't like the gesture and don't think he should of done it, but i never understand how anyone can have a pop at a player individually for things that are essentially a lack of a ability and/or mistakes.

the only thing the crowd can justifiably have a go at imo is a player not giving 100%. we're pretty much universally agreed on here that lennie gives his all each game. if someone hasn't got the finishing ability, it's not through a lack of trying.

it's like me shoving a degree-level physics paper in front of you (in the case that you've studied physics, replace with any subject!) and then shouting at you for getting stuff wrong, despite the fact you haven't got the knowledge and are actually putting everything you can into it.

thats a bit of a excrement analogy to be fair, but still... if he gives his all, then i won't have a go. if he hasn't got the ability that's the manager's problem and anger at the players selection should be directed at him.

so what are we left with? a player that gives 100% each game, is extremely committed and runs his heart out. and he gets people having a go at him in return. crackin. if you don't think he should be our striker, take it up with hurst, don't get on his back.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 5, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MarinerWY

i didn't like the gesture and don't think he should of done it, but i never understand how anyone can have a pop at a player individually for things that are essentially a lack of a ability and/or mistakes.

the only thing the crowd can justifiably have a go at imo is a player not giving 100%. we're pretty much universally agreed on here that lennie gives his all each game. if someone hasn't got the finishing ability, it's not through a lack of trying.

it's like me shoving a degree-level physics paper in front of you (in the case that you've studied physics, replace with any subject!) and then shouting at you for getting stuff wrong, despite the fact you haven't got the knowledge and are actually putting everything you can into it.

thats a bit of a excrement analogy to be fair, but still... if he gives his all, then i won't have a go. if he hasn't got the ability that's the manager's problem and anger at the players selection should be directed at him.

so what are we left with? a player that gives 100% each game, is extremely committed and runs his heart out. and he gets people having a go at him in return. crackin. if you don't think he should be our striker, take it up with hurst, don't get on his back.

He gives his all, so that's alright...... That's why we are where we are, because as a striker you score goals, that's what you get paid for

Your right though, the backlash should be aimed at hurst and is a lot of the time. Hurst knows it to but being the stubborn sod that he is, he keeps playing him to wind the fans up I'm sure
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 5, 2014, 11:21pm; Reply: 10
great composure by ljl, must be able to convert this into normal time play
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 5, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 11
To be fair I do not think any of the fans at Dartford gave LJL any stick,

So he should  not have mad any gestures to the fans cheering him on,

If he is upset at the abuse he gets on here,

Well do what Fenty has done Lenny, come on here and have your say.
Posted by: mrsd, October 5, 2014, 11:40pm; Reply: 12
The guy is human and is probably totally p'd off at the amount of abuse he gets from so called fans. Possibly not the most sensible thing to do but understandable non the less.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 5, 2014, 11:57pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete

i would fear for the abuse if he did?
Posted by: Caesar, October 6, 2014, 8:12am; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

Exactly my issue, at the game apart from a few sighs followed by applause and encouragement when he skied one over I didn't notice any fans get on his back, indeed while there are often high levels of criticism on here at most games I attend the fans are all very supportive all the way through.  So to treat those fans as if they had been on his back all game was unfair.  Especially when we had a chance to go on and take a thoroughly undeserved win.  

I must confess though if he came on here he would probably get too much abuse.  If by any chance he comes on here and reads the comments;

Lenell, I like you a lot as a player, you work very hard for the team and have a lot of good attributes but we really need you to score more goals.  However while we may moan on here, at the match we will always support you and hope you score, but please FFS celebrate a goal and build up a rapport with the fans, then you will get even more support, stop making a scene to prove a point, you will do that just by scoring!
Posted by: oldun, October 6, 2014, 8:24am; Reply: 15
Well done Lenny. Keep at it son
Posted by: Maringer, October 6, 2014, 8:47am; Reply: 16
4 goals in 10 starts isn't too bad, really.

Going by the goals/assists stats on the OS, he's been jointly our most productive player along with Neilson, though I'm certain he's had more than 3 assists, so those stats are a little dodgy, to say the least. I think he had more than 3 assists in the Alfreton and Gateshead games together, didn't he?

Anyway, could be better, but the issue isn't so much LJL's misses or performances, but the fact that we don't have any alternatives available when LJL or Hannah aren't doing well. More disappointed with Hannah this season as his goal return hasn't been good enough, but with no other options to LJL/Hannah available, they are going to have to continue to play, really. Oates will remain a bit part player during the rest of his time here, I think.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 6, 2014, 9:00am; Reply: 17
The games played/goals scored factor isn't worth much, it's surely down to actual chances missed or taken. This is the big one. Lincoln summed it up, in the right place at the right time, unmarked just the easy bit to do, a lob over an advancing goalie into the goal.
Failed miserably. Truly awful miss. The fans and the team seemed to take a blow to their collective confidence levels at that stage.
Can't knock his work rate etc and he gets so much right, which is why he gets so many chances in a game but his finishing is punishing Town, both in the goals for column and in the confidence of Town to take anything from a game.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 6, 2014, 9:27am; Reply: 18
Quoted from RoboCod
The games played/goals scored factor isn't worth much, it's surely down to actual chances missed or taken. This is the big one. Lincoln summed it up, in the right place at the right time, unmarked just the easy bit to do, a lob over an advancing goalie into the goal.
Failed miserably. Truly awful miss. The fans and the team seemed to take a blow to their collective confidence levels at that stage.
Can't knock his work rate etc and he gets so much right, which is why he gets so many chances in a game but his finishing is punishing Town, both in the goals for column and in the confidence of Town to take anything from a game.

Exactly my thoughts too Robo, He brings a lot to the team with his work rate etc.. but is so frustrating when it comes to his finishing.
Posted by: Garth, October 6, 2014, 9:35am; Reply: 19
It would not matter a dogs sh1t if we had a regular goal getter alongside of him, Hurst has to carry the can for failing to get a replacement for offside Hannah
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, October 6, 2014, 11:17am; Reply: 20
Hannah's form is more worrying than the Shop IMO at present what is actually offering the team?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 6, 2014, 1:15pm; Reply: 21
here is the celebration or should I say lack of it.

Its more of a dig at the fans behind the goal I would say and a " I have just kept the man who I cant do no wrong under and also the man you want out of a job safe for another week"  it looks like a cheap shot to me.

quite absurd for a striker who misses more than he scores, oh wait sorry he isn't in the team for goals is he.

[url]https://vine.co/v/OKiJWYlZhmO[/url]
Posted by: DocTower, October 6, 2014, 2:02pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from mrsd
The guy is human and is probably totally p'd off at the amount of abuse he gets from so called fans. Possibly not the most sensible thing to do but understandable non the less.

The best way to stop the abuse is ?
Think we are p'd off watching him fail , and paying for that privilege .
Posted by: DNMariner, October 6, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from RoboCod

'The easy bit... a lob over an advancing goalie.'

I know LJL is a bit too profligate for anybody's liking, but by no means is lobbing a keeper one-on-one easy, let alone when you're low on confidence like he most probably is.
Posted by: TAGG, October 6, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 24
Wasnt at the game so didn't want to comment until I had seen it elsewhere now I have.. In the styleee of a former Fenty employee 'if you don't like it Lenny intercourse off'
Posted by: RoboCod, October 6, 2014, 9:20pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from DNMariner

'The easy bit... a lob over an advancing goalie.'

I know LJL is a bit too profligate for anybody's liking, but by no means is lobbing a keeper one-on-one easy, let alone when you're low on confidence like he most probably is.

Were you there?

It was easy.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 12:16pm