Private Message
mariner91
October 5, 2014, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Thanks for that, very well taken. Maybe he can't hit a moving ball as cleanly and that's why he struggles with some simple chances? Definitely saw a finger to the lips as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Sussexmariner
October 5, 2014, 6:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Stopped filming just before he turned to the town fans with his finger to his lips as if to say "shut the intercourse up" well Lennel me old son, stop missing that cows bottom with that banjo you keep swinging around your head then we will shut up!

Until then how about sticking a few more chances in the back of the net

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Stevie Saunders
October 5, 2014, 6:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Agree
Were he a 15-20 goals a season man then perhaps he could be justified
But 31 goals in 8 seasons is sh*te for a striker at any level

All round play - League Two/One
Goalscoring - Isthmian, Doc Martens, Vanarama, Bananarama, Bananas in Pyjamas.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
headingly_mariner
October 5, 2014, 7:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Agree
Were he a 15-20 goals a season man then perhaps he could be justified
But 31 goals in 8 seasons is sh*te for a striker at any level

All round play - League Two/One
Goalscoring - Isthmian, Doc Martens, Vanarama, Bananarama, Bananas in Pyjamas.....

Fair enough but doesn't he have 4 goals in 10 or 11 games this season? That would make him a 15 goal a season man if he carries that form on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
cmackenzie4
October 5, 2014, 7:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Good penalty...but for me he should of shown his appreciation to the travelling town fans too.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
BIGChris
October 5, 2014, 7:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Fair enough but doesn't he have 4 goals in 10 or 11 games this season? That would make him a 15 goal a season man if he carries that form on.

4 goals in 10 starts this season
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
headingly_mariner
October 5, 2014, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

4 goals in 10 starts this season

Which is pretty decent going for a non goal scoring forward!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
MarinerWY
October 5, 2014, 7:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Stopped filming just before he turned to the town fans with his finger to his lips as if to say "shut the intercourse up" well Lennel me old son, stop missing that cows bottom with that banjo you keep swinging around your head then we will shut up!

Until then how about sticking a few more chances in the back of the net

i didn't like the gesture and don't think he should of done it, but i never understand how anyone can have a pop at a player individually for things that are essentially a lack of a ability and/or mistakes.

the only thing the crowd can justifiably have a go at imo is a player not giving 100%. we're pretty much universally agreed on here that lennie gives his all each game. if someone hasn't got the finishing ability, it's not through a lack of trying.

it's like me shoving a degree-level physics paper in front of you (in the case that you've studied physics, replace with any subject!) and then shouting at you for getting stuff wrong, despite the fact you haven't got the knowledge and are actually putting everything you can into it.

thats a bit of a excrement analogy to be fair, but still... if he gives his all, then i won't have a go. if he hasn't got the ability that's the manager's problem and anger at the players selection should be directed at him.

so what are we left with? a player that gives 100% each game, is extremely committed and runs his heart out. and he gets people having a go at him in return. crackin. if you don't think he should be our striker, take it up with hurst, don't get on his back.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
ackomariner
October 5, 2014, 10:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MarinerWY

i didn't like the gesture and don't think he should of done it, but i never understand how anyone can have a pop at a player individually for things that are essentially a lack of a ability and/or mistakes.

the only thing the crowd can justifiably have a go at imo is a player not giving 100%. we're pretty much universally agreed on here that lennie gives his all each game. if someone hasn't got the finishing ability, it's not through a lack of trying.

it's like me shoving a degree-level physics paper in front of you (in the case that you've studied physics, replace with any subject!) and then shouting at you for getting stuff wrong, despite the fact you haven't got the knowledge and are actually putting everything you can into it.

thats a bit of a excrement analogy to be fair, but still... if he gives his all, then i won't have a go. if he hasn't got the ability that's the manager's problem and anger at the players selection should be directed at him.

so what are we left with? a player that gives 100% each game, is extremely committed and runs his heart out. and he gets people having a go at him in return. crackin. if you don't think he should be our striker, take it up with hurst, don't get on his back.

He gives his all, so that's alright...... That's why we are where we are, because as a striker you score goals, that's what you get paid for

Your right though, the backlash should be aimed at hurst and is a lot of the time. Hurst knows it to but being the stubborn sod that he is, he keeps playing him to wind the fans up I'm sure

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL penalty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.