Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
To be fair I do not think any of the fans at Dartford gave LJL any stick,

So he should  not have mad any gestures to the fans cheering him on,

If he is upset at the abuse he gets on here,

Well do what Fenty has done Lenny, come on here and have your say.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
mrsd
October 5, 2014, 11:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
The guy is human and is probably totally p'd off at the amount of abuse he gets from so called fans. Possibly not the most sensible thing to do but understandable non the less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
bobbyturtle
October 5, 2014, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

i would fear for the abuse if he did?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Caesar
October 6, 2014, 8:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from grimsby pete

Exactly my issue, at the game apart from a few sighs followed by applause and encouragement when he skied one over I didn't notice any fans get on his back, indeed while there are often high levels of criticism on here at most games I attend the fans are all very supportive all the way through.  So to treat those fans as if they had been on his back all game was unfair.  Especially when we had a chance to go on and take a thoroughly undeserved win.  

I must confess though if he came on here he would probably get too much abuse.  If by any chance he comes on here and reads the comments;

Lenell, I like you a lot as a player, you work very hard for the team and have a lot of good attributes but we really need you to score more goals.  However while we may moan on here, at the match we will always support you and hope you score, but please FFS celebrate a goal and build up a rapport with the fans, then you will get even more support, stop making a scene to prove a point, you will do that just by scoring!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
oldun
October 6, 2014, 8:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Well done Lenny. Keep at it son
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Maringer
October 6, 2014, 8:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,492
Gold Stars: 185
4 goals in 10 starts isn't too bad, really.

Going by the goals/assists stats on the OS, he's been jointly our most productive player along with Neilson, though I'm certain he's had more than 3 assists, so those stats are a little dodgy, to say the least. I think he had more than 3 assists in the Alfreton and Gateshead games together, didn't he?

Anyway, could be better, but the issue isn't so much LJL's misses or performances, but the fact that we don't have any alternatives available when LJL or Hannah aren't doing well. More disappointed with Hannah this season as his goal return hasn't been good enough, but with no other options to LJL/Hannah available, they are going to have to continue to play, really. Oates will remain a bit part player during the rest of his time here, I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
RoboCod
October 6, 2014, 9:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The games played/goals scored factor isn't worth much, it's surely down to actual chances missed or taken. This is the big one. Lincoln summed it up, in the right place at the right time, unmarked just the easy bit to do, a lob over an advancing goalie into the goal.
Failed miserably. Truly awful miss. The fans and the team seemed to take a blow to their collective confidence levels at that stage.
Can't knock his work rate etc and he gets so much right, which is why he gets so many chances in a game but his finishing is punishing Town, both in the goals for column and in the confidence of Town to take anything from a game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
cmackenzie4
October 6, 2014, 9:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from RoboCod
The games played/goals scored factor isn't worth much, it's surely down to actual chances missed or taken. This is the big one. Lincoln summed it up, in the right place at the right time, unmarked just the easy bit to do, a lob over an advancing goalie into the goal.
Failed miserably. Truly awful miss. The fans and the team seemed to take a blow to their collective confidence levels at that stage.
Can't knock his work rate etc and he gets so much right, which is why he gets so many chances in a game but his finishing is punishing Town, both in the goals for column and in the confidence of Town to take anything from a game.

Exactly my thoughts too Robo, He brings a lot to the team with his work rate etc.. but is so frustrating when it comes to his finishing.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Garth
October 6, 2014, 9:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It would not matter a dogs sh1t if we had a regular goal getter alongside of him, Hurst has to carry the can for failing to get a replacement for offside Hannah
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL penalty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.