This thread currently has 6,087 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
October 4, 2014, 6:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I am sorry for starting another thread on the shop when it probablly could of gone in a just back thread but I feel the need to say how appalled I was at him today.

He won and scored a very good penalty. This made the game 1-1 and Dartford were down to 10 men. Surely that is the time to run to the goal pick the ball out of the net and lead a charge for a winner.

Instead he turns around and makes a silencing gesture. I get that he gets criticism, some of it fair, some unfair, but why didn't he show passion to prove us wrong and score a winner. To me it was if he felt his job was done with an equaliser and perhaps a glimpse as to why he scores rarely and why we are in mid table nothingness atm.

Came after a very poor performance too. After a very poor Town performamce this really p*****d me off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 6:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
I'm sure you will pleased to know that today's goal was his 30th in professional football and it only took him 8 years to achieve.

Probably doesn't know what to do after scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
Stevie Saunders
October 4, 2014, 6:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
30 goals in 8 years? Is that correct?
If so, how the hell can you expect a team to get anywhere near winning a league when the manager places such a reliance on him??

Honestly didn't know it was that crap

As I have posted before...would any of the teams above us any any of our strikers? Absolutely not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2014, 6:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
I like LJL for his effort , but I thought the same . You're an average , at best , conference player . Don't insult our intelligence matey !
IMO he was lucky he got fouled after he put the easy effort wide to get the pen ffs !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
Chrisblor
October 4, 2014, 6:22pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
It was rather pathetic. He'd spannered over a really good knock down from Nielson a few minutes earlier but nobody was getting on his back over it.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 6:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
30 goals in 8 years? Is that correct?
If so, how the hell can you expect a team to get anywhere near winning a league when the manager places such a reliance on him??

Honestly didn't know it was that crap

As I have posted before...would any of the teams above us any any of our strikers? Absolutely not

Yes. Made his debut in 2006. Has scored 28 league and 2 cup goals since.

Source- Soccerbase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
October 4, 2014, 6:24pm
Guest User
This 'silencing' gesture is starting to urine me off. Those fans spent a lot of money to go and support Lennie Missalot and his underachieving mates. He should show respect to the fans that pay his wages. He only scored a penalty FFS, hardly a 25 yard overhead kick. Congratulations on your 30th goal in 8 years as a striker.
Reply: 6 - 68
GrimRob
October 4, 2014, 6:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I don't think he's going to win player of the year but from his point of view you can understand the gesture

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 68
October 4, 2014, 6:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
I don't think he's going to win player of the year but from his point of view you can understand the gesture

Lest gestures, more goals please Lennymissalot.
Reply: 8 - 68
louth_in_the_south
October 4, 2014, 6:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GrimRob

Come on ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John-Lewis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.