Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Caesar, October 4, 2014, 6:11pm
I am sorry for starting another thread on the shop when it probablly could of gone in a just back thread but I feel the need to say how appalled I was at him today.

He won and scored a very good penalty. This made the game 1-1 and Dartford were down to 10 men. Surely that is the time to run to the goal pick the ball out of the net and lead a charge for a winner.

Instead he turns around and makes a silencing gesture. I get that he gets criticism, some of it fair, some unfair, but why didn't he show passion to prove us wrong and score a winner. To me it was if he felt his job was done with an equaliser and perhaps a glimpse as to why he scores rarely and why we are in mid table nothingness atm.

Came after a very poor performance too. After a very poor Town performamce this really p*****d me off.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 4, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 1
I'm sure you will pleased to know that today's goal was his 30th in professional football and it only took him 8 years to achieve.

Probably doesn't know what to do after scoring.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 4, 2014, 6:17pm; Reply: 2
30 goals in 8 years? Is that correct?
If so, how the hell can you expect a team to get anywhere near winning a league when the manager places such a reliance on him??

Honestly didn't know it was that crap

As I have posted before...would any of the teams above us any any of our strikers? Absolutely not
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 3
I like LJL for his effort , but I thought the same . You're an average , at best , conference player . Don't insult our intelligence matey !
IMO he was lucky he got fouled after he put the easy effort wide to get the pen ffs !
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 4, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 4
It was rather pathetic. He'd spannered over a really good knock down from Nielson a few minutes earlier but nobody was getting on his back over it.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 4, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
30 goals in 8 years? Is that correct?
If so, how the hell can you expect a team to get anywhere near winning a league when the manager places such a reliance on him??

Honestly didn't know it was that crap

As I have posted before...would any of the teams above us any any of our strikers? Absolutely not

Yes. Made his debut in 2006. Has scored 28 league and 2 cup goals since.

Source- Soccerbase.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 4, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 6
This 'silencing' gesture is starting to urine me off. Those fans spent a lot of money to go and support Lennie Missalot and his underachieving mates. He should show respect to the fans that pay his wages. He only scored a penalty FFS, hardly a 25 yard overhead kick. Congratulations on your 30th goal in 8 years as a striker.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2014, 6:27pm; Reply: 7
I don't think he's going to win player of the year but from his point of view you can understand the gesture
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 4, 2014, 6:28pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
I don't think he's going to win player of the year but from his point of view you can understand the gesture

Lest gestures, more goals please Lennymissalot.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob

Come on ffs
Posted by: RichMariner, October 4, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 10
I get the feeling that, in the future, when we look back on this era in Town's history, it'll be defined by a misfiring target man who ultimately proved the downfall for a manager that promised more than he eventually delivered.

I don't like it when Town players suggest we should shut up. Maybe if LJL thought about it for a nano-second he'd realise that it's us that pay good money to watch him; that we pay his wages.

It's an entertainment business. Scoring goals should be a hygiene factor. The fact that he feels he needs to celebrate in this way says to me that he acknowledges he's not scoring enough.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2014, 6:30pm; Reply: 11
Absolute bollox GR
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 12
He misses sitter after sitter, scores today then puts his fingers to his lips to prove a point after scoring a penalty !

do me a favour.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 4, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob

No you can't, or I can't anyway. The way to behave would have been to sprint the ball back to the centre circle and bellow at his team to come on and finish the job. That's what a proper professional would have done.

Posted by: RichMariner, October 4, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 14
At the very least he should've celebrated in front of the fans.

So he gets a bit of stick from the fans. He gets paid more than most of the fans to do what we can only dream of doing.

Making silly gestures in his celebrations aren't going to endear him to the fans. It's only going to wedge more of a gap.

I've never got on his case before - I refused to, as a matter of principle. So as a fan who's always backed him, what am I meant to make of that celebration?
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 15
I'm not supporting Lenny for his actions but I wasn't at the game today, so can't give an opinion,was he showing this silencing gesture at the Town Faithful or to the home fans to quieten them ?.But you are right in saying that he should have picked the ball out of the net and sprinted to the centre spot with it.
Posted by: immariner, October 4, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 16
30 goals in 8 years is a bit misleading when a lot of those came from off the bench and him not playing as a striker. How many has he got this season now?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 4, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 17
Don't worry Lenny, it'll be a while before I contribute to your wages if you're going to act like a tool.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 4, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from immariner
30 goals in 8 years is a bit misleading when a lot of those came from off the bench and him not playing as a striker. How many has he got this season now?

Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2014, 7:32pm; Reply: 19

No you can't, or I can't anyway. The way to behave would have been to sprint the ball back to the centre circle and bellow at his team to come on and finish the job. That's what a proper professional would have done.

He's a human being he;s not a robot, His goal cost me £500 anyway in lost winnings, so I didn't celebrate it much either  :)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2014, 7:36pm; Reply: 20
It cost us a excrement manager too
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 4, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimRob

He's a human being he;s not a robot, His goal cost me £500 anyway in lost winnings, so I didn't celebrate it much either  :)

Is that a confession that you backed us to lose? If so, how does that square with your rose tinted stance?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is that a confession that you backed us to lose? If so, how does that square with your rose tinted stance?

was just about to ask the same lol  ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It cost us a excrement manager too

In may have saved ph so if it cost us a excrement manager you must mean his replacement
Posted by: poomehellt, October 4, 2014, 7:42pm; Reply: 24
I dislike slagging off our own players, but it's come to the point where I say, for me, since the start of this season I've finally had it with the number of chances LJL totally misses, and I really, really don't understand Hurst seemingly regarding LJL as his 1st choice striker. Back-up, or on with fresh legs at 75 mins maybe, but 1st choice?!?!
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yes I backed us to lose along with a few other teams. That doesn't mean I think we will lose. For every game I estimate the odds and compare with the bookies. I back wherever I think there is value. Anyway I won quite a bit on other bets today.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 4, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 26
You've all got Lenny completely wrong, he is raising awareness for the charities he supports and shows this through his football celebrations;

The cupping of one ear - Partial deafness

The cupping of two ears - Chronic Deafness

The finger to the lips - People with short tongues

The missing of sitters and easy goals - actionforblindpeople.org.uk‎
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 4, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GrimRob

Yes I backed us to lose along with a few other teams. That doesn't mean I think we will lose. For every game I estimate the odds and compare with the bookies. I back wherever I think there is value. Anyway I won quite a bit on other bets today.

I don't care which other teams you backed to lose. I just think it's highly hypocritical to pontificate about how everything in the GTFC garden is rosy and then back us to lose.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 4, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 28
Who got a new ar se torn the other week for wanting us to loose....... Then get rob, the man who hammers everyone who dare speak out........betting on us to loose. Terrible that rob with the way you try and get your views across then do the opposite yourself.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ackomariner
Who got a new ar se torn the other week for wanting us to loose....... Then get rob, the man who hammers everyone who dare speak out........betting on us to loose. Terrible that rob with the way you try and get your views across then do the opposite yourself.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1125777603/OuchQuotes.jpg[/img]
Posted by: ackomariner, October 4, 2014, 7:54pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jonnyboy82

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1125777603/OuchQuotes.jpg[/img]

True though Jonny, all the stuff rob says, then comes out with that
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ackomariner

True though Jonny, all the stuff rob says, then comes out with that

agree mate.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 4, 2014, 8:07pm; Reply: 32
Lenny is never a goalscorer in a million years but due to his workrate in comparison to his team mates I can`t see why he is the boo boys favourite target either personally? Lenny totally frustrates me at times  and I would have dropped him numerous times over the past 2 Seasons but Hannah would have been treat just the same I think they are a bloody awful pair and both usually look much better paired with another!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 4, 2014, 8:08pm; Reply: 33
He scored, who the intercourse cares, the fact that we have not spent to find him a decent partner is the issue. Pittman has the ability but was always a fitness concern, if we had the budget to pay a decent fee for a striker we would be right up there. The budget is competitive for the play offs but is not for a title winning squad, we are short of where we need to be but a bit more investment in the squad at the start of the season would have seen us mount more of a challenge. I still fancy us for the play offs but I can't see why PH is getting stick about not getting a striker when for me if quality money was made available for a quality striker then I'm sure we would have no trouble finding one.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 4, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 34
What puzzles me is the way he struck that penalty was 1st class,

BUT

When having a shot on goal in normal play he always seems to mishit it.
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 4, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GrimRob

Me and my two lads have a six selection accumulator every week, We have backed Town to win on occasions and lost.
We have backed Town to draw on occasions and lost.
We have never backed Town to lose and never would.
We feel it's morally and principally wrong to. We want Town to win every game they play.

UTM
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 8:15pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He scored, who the intercourse cares, the fact that we have not spent to find him a decent partner is the issue. Pittman has the ability but was always a fitness concern, if we had the budget to pay a decent fee for a striker we would be right up there. The budget is competitive for the play offs but is not for a title winning squad, we are short of where we need to be but a bit more investment in the squad at the start of the season would have seen us mount more of a challenge. I still fancy us for the play offs but I can't see why PH is getting stick about not getting a striker when for me if quality money was made available for a quality striker then I'm sure we would have no trouble finding one.  

totally disagree.

you could have the best striker in this league and paul would still either drop him or ruin him.

paul cannot complain about budgets or fees for strikers , he has had since pre season to bring in a striker but hasn't.

I feel we have the players to be a lot better than were we are now and im afraid all the messing about paul does with the squad and his overall managerial skills are not up to the job.

tbh I don't think it is so much now about paul getting stick for not bringing a striker in its more about the fact he is drawing or losing games we shouldn't be even without a top quality striker in this league.

Posted by: ginnywings, October 4, 2014, 8:16pm; Reply: 37

Woking have the leagues highest scorer with 11 from 14. What is their budget?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 4, 2014, 8:16pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from mariner tommy

Me and my two lads have a six selection accumulator every week, We have backed Town to win on occasions and lost.

We have  backed Town to lose and they have only gone and won !!!!!!!!!!!

UTM

That's how I thought you was going to end it. ;D
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 4, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from grimsby pete

That's how I thought you was going to end it. ;D

No Pete, although Rob might.!!
Posted by: GrimRob, October 4, 2014, 8:29pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from mariner tommy

We have never backed Town to lose and never would.
We feel it's morally and principally wrong to. We want Town to win every game they play.

UTM

I must be immoral then. Betting on your team to lose is like an insurance bet, someone who I used to work with was a season ticket holder at a PL club and he did it most games. But if I think a bet is good value (and I have mathematical models to calculate what the odds "should" be for every British game, it is not normally my own judgement) then I will go with it. The day England lost to Croatia and failed to qualify for Euro 2008 I had £85 on Croatia to win, I was at Wembley  and I still wanted England to win. I won £500 which at the time I think was my biggest ever win on a single match, but I was still gutted. It did make me feel a bit better on the tube going back though.

For the record my model said Dartford had a 29% chance of winning, the bookies odds implied a 21% chance of winning, that's why I bet on it. I also bet on Altrincham which my model said was 15% the bookies said was 11%. So I expected to lose because all the odds are well under 50%, but on average I will win if my odds are more accurate than the betting market. That's what value betting is.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 4, 2014, 8:31pm; Reply: 41

Can't agree with you on that. I have a theory that the reason Hurst can't sign a striker is that it is so well known they would only get a game if LJL is out for some reason. Otherwise they will be like Oates, one game and then bench warming.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 4, 2014, 8:37pm; Reply: 42
How many sitters has hannah missed this season? A lot.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 4, 2014, 8:39pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from GrimRob

I must be immoral then. Betting on your team to lose is like an insurance bet, someone who I used to work with was a season ticket holder at a PL club and he did it most games. But if I think a bet is good value (and I have mathematical models to calculate what the odds "should" be for every British game, it is not normally my own judgement) then I will go with it. The day England lost to Croatia and failed to qualify for Euro 2008 I had £85 on Croatia to win, I was at Wembley  and I still wanted England to win. I won £500 which at the time I think was my biggest ever win on a single match, but I was still gutted. It did make me feel a bit better on the tube going back though.

For the record my model said Dartford had a 29% chance of winning, the bookies odds implied a 21% chance of winning, that's why I bet on it. I also bet on Altrincham which my model said was 15% the bookies said was 11%. So I expected to lose because all the odds are well under 50%, but on average I will win if my odds are more accurate than the betting market. That's what value betting is.

I think the rest of us will go with our hearts and will never ever, under any circumstances bet on Town to lose.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2014, 8:40pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from GrimRob

Exactly Rob. Same with horses - beat the SP most of the time and you'll win money over time. It's merely numbers on a screen, nothing to do with morals imo!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 4, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 45

Can't agree with you on that. I have a theory that the reason Hurst can't sign a striker is that it is so well known they would only get a game if LJL is out for some reason. Otherwise they will be like Oates, one game and then bench warming.

Another fact in relation to the signing of Oates, who clearly has potential, but he is also not match fit so we have in fact brought someone in who cannot play a full 90 minutes. Neither will he get fit now he only plays for ten minute cameos. Hurst just keeps on making error after error when it comes to strikers and the selection of our midfield which seemed to function really well with Clay, Paddy & Brown but why stick with something that works.
Posted by: Grimal, October 4, 2014, 8:48pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from grimsby pete
What puzzles me is the way he struck that penalty was 1st class,

BUT

When having a shot on goal in normal play he always seems to mishit it.

Could be a simple explanation for that Pete, when you take a penalty the ball isn't moving and when it's open play it is moving. ;)

Posted by: chaos33, October 4, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Another fact in relation to the signing of Oates, who clearly has potential, but he is also not match fit so we have in fact brought someone in who cannot play a full 90 minutes. Neither will he get fit now he only plays for ten minute cameos. Hurst just keeps on making error after error when it comes to strikers and the selection of our midfield which seemed to function really well with Clay, Paddy & Brown but why stick with something that works.

Totally agree. Key points.
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 4, 2014, 8:59pm; Reply: 48
Bit harsh to have a go at Rob for betting against Town. I'm not a betting person myself, but quite a few mates bet, and some of them bet against their own team as an insurance bet - if their team loses, perhaps it helps to a small extent after the game that whilst you're in the pub and drunk off about another loss, at least the beers that you're gettin in are from some winnings and not from your wages.

Also, if you're betting, it's the numbers that matter, not sure there's much morality issues within this context.

Having said that I couldn't personally ask for or write Dartford 1 Grimsby 0 on a betting slip, it would feel a bit weird for me. But that's me personally. There are more important things and relevent things to debate on than "i am the more moral supporter than you".
Posted by: tashee69, October 4, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from immariner

Considering he's just turned 25 in May it goes to show how young he was when he got in the first team.
Posted by: Caesar, October 4, 2014, 9:20pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from MarinerWY
Bit harsh to have a go at Rob for betting against Town. I'm not a betting person myself, but quite a few mates bet, and some of them bet against their own team as an insurance bet - if their team loses, perhaps it helps to a small extent after the game that whilst you're in the pub and drunk off about another loss, at least the beers that you're gettin in are from some winnings and not from your wages.

Also, if you're betting, it's the numbers that matter, not sure there's much morality issues within this context.

Having said that I couldn't personally ask for or write Dartford 1 Grimsby 0 on a betting slip, it would feel a bit weird for me. But that's me personally. There are more important things and relevent things to debate on than "i am the more moral supporter than you".

Exactly this.  I could never bet against Town but if others can fine, as long as they want Town to win more than they want the money!
Posted by: davmariner, October 4, 2014, 9:26pm; Reply: 51
Can we have a Ross Hannah thread too? He's really starting to p1ss me off. Completely ruins our attacks by being offside all the time. Same old story again today.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 4, 2014, 9:34pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from davmariner
Can we have a Ross Hannah thread too? He's really starting to p1ss me off. Completely ruins our attacks by being offside all the time. Same old story again today.

Talk about them all for me......hurst will just shatter the confidence on em all, just like he did with Cook
Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 53
Did he force feed Cook a load of pies last summer too?

(Obviously I have no medical evidence of this claim)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 4, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Grimal

Could be a simple explanation for that Pete, when you take a penalty the ball isn't moving and when it's open play it is moving. ;)

Never seemed to work like that for me with a golf ball. ;)

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 4, 2014, 11:05pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from ginnywings

Woking have the leagues highest scorer with 11 from 14. What is their budget?

What is their location? Bet it's sexier than Grimsby :-(
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2014, 11:19pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Grimal
I'm not supporting Lenny for his actions but I wasn't at the game today, so can't give an opinion,was he showing this silencing gesture at the Town Faithful or to the home fans to quieten them ?.But you are right in saying that he should have picked the ball out of the net and sprinted to the centre spot with it.

Only Town fans were behind the goal when Shop scored. Stupid gesture by a Ryman League player.
Posted by: BIGChris, October 4, 2014, 11:33pm; Reply: 57
For me Lenny played far better than his strike partner who seems immune to any criticism? After the penalty he certainly had one arm in the air but honestly didn't notice his finger to the lips?

Solid defensively but woefully lacking going forward. Paddy & Disley hardly involved for long periods, Macketh? Just don't see anything in him. Posters say he is no better than Colbeck, IMO Joe offered far more. Hannah, a lovely bloke but he lacks strength, pace, movement. Not sure what he brings at present.

At Bristol on the opening day I was asked on RH what I wanted to see for the season. I replied saying attacking intent, I just think we would pick up a lot of wins by "going for it", maybe an occasional loss but I could live with that if I thought we were going all out to out score our opponents. I feel short changed!

I don't think the players lack motivation, I just think they need an injection of positivity and 'bravery' in the attacking third.

The primary issue is the failure to bring in a couple of good conference level strikers in the summer.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 4, 2014, 11:48pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from BIGChris
For me Lenny played far better than his strike partner who seems immune to any criticism? After the penalty he certainly had one arm in the air but honestly didn't notice his finger to the lips?

Solid defensively but woefully lacking going forward. Paddy & Disley hardly involved for long periods, Macketh? Just don't see anything in him. Posters say he is no better than Colbeck, IMO Joe offered far more. Hannah, a lovely bloke but he lacks strength, pace, movement. Not sure what he brings at present.

At Bristol on the opening day I was asked on RH what I wanted to see for the season. I replied saying attacking intent, I just think we would pick up a lot of wins by "going for it", maybe an occasional loss but I could live with that if I thought we were going all out to out score our opponents. I feel short changed!

I don't think the players lack motivation, I just think they need an injection of positivity and 'bravery' in the attacking third.

The primary issue is the failure to bring in a couple of good conference level strikers in the summer.

Very good post. This isn't a new thing, it has been the problem  in our previous 2 seasons and hasn't been addressed.
Posted by: petethemariner, October 5, 2014, 1:13am; Reply: 59
Quoted from BIGChris

Spot on Chris IMHO

Posted by: Vance Warner, October 5, 2014, 2:29am; Reply: 60
Just seen Fletcher make the same gesture on MOTD but the Makems didn't seem to mind. I'd hate to see the reaction if LJL missed the penno. He was never meant to be out top scorer (not his fault Hearn and Hannah have been injured / misfiring).
Posted by: Caesar, October 5, 2014, 6:45am; Reply: 61
Quoted from Vance Warner
Just seen Fletcher make the same gesture on MOTD but the Makems didn't seem to mind. I'd hate to see the reaction if LJL missed the penno. He was never meant to be out top scorer (not his fault Hearn and Hannah have been injured / misfiring).

My issue with LJL reacting the way he did was the game situation at the time.  Correct me if I am wrong but Fletcher scored putting Sunderland in the lead had he not?  We had just equalised against 10 men with a few minutes left.  What we needed at that moment was energy and passion to spur us on for a win.  I didn't mind too much him making that gesture against Gateshead when we were already a goal or 4 up but at that stage of the game I wanted to see passion to get us a win.  

I too would of hated to see the reaction had he missed, that was why I was delighted for him that he scored but to be fair to our fans apart from sighs when he skied a good chance over and a few moans when he miscontrolled the ball for the umpteenth time nobody got on his back.  
Posted by: Garth, October 5, 2014, 10:00am; Reply: 62
Quoted from BIGChris

For me that`s my biggest disapointment and anger, we had Pitman but knew his injury problems could easily bite our bottom sometime during the season, clubs like Wrexham were signing strikers like they were going out of fashion, but Hurst was happy to go with what we have and turn to loans in an emergency, not good enough for a  team like GTFC IMO and for that reason he`s out
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 5, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 63
Don't agree that Shop played better than Hannah. Shop never did anything of note apart from actually score when the penalty was given to him. He was a waste of a place for the other 85 minutes. Hannah wasn't good either but he was positively  involved in lots of attacks whilst Shop was just occupying space, failing to control the ball, failing to win headers, failing to hold the ball up, failing to shoot, failing to pass to a teammate. Then he got injured and was left on while Hannah was pulled off. Neither was any good but in that situation.....Hurst had a stroke of ludicrous luck with Shop winning that penalty.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 5, 2014, 1:16pm; Reply: 64
What does this even mean?!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D90F6AN5rzY/ThZyy7sQOgI/AAAAAAAAAeo/mwBEm1MTBnI/s1600/tumbbling.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 5, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 65
[quote=130]What does this even mean?!

Verb: Thumb one's nose

To place a thumb upon the tip of the nose, typically with the fingers spread and while simultaneously wiggling one's fingers, in a gesture of disrespect.

My brother thumbed his nose in reply to my snide remarks.

(figuratively) To act disrespectfully, especially by flouting the object of disrespect.

Hope this helps  ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 5, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Abdul19

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D90F6AN5rzY/ThZyy7sQOgI/AAAAAAAAAeo/mwBEm1MTBnI/s1600/tumbbling.jpg[/img]

Is that Hurst when JT asked him the question about Nielson?

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 5, 2014, 5:19pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Abdul19

Just seen the highlights and that is the gesture LJL appears to be doing. :-/
Posted by: ackomariner, October 5, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 68
When he misses a chance on tue we can all do it back to him  ;D
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:10pm