Reply: 31 - 68
1mickylyons
October 4, 2014, 8:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Lenny is never a goalscorer in a million years but due to his workrate in comparison to his team mates I can`t see why he is the boo boys favourite target either personally? Lenny totally frustrates me at times  and I would have dropped him numerous times over the past 2 Seasons but Hannah would have been treat just the same I think they are a bloody awful pair and both usually look much better paired with another!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
headingly_mariner
October 4, 2014, 8:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
He scored, who the intercourse cares, the fact that we have not spent to find him a decent partner is the issue. Pittman has the ability but was always a fitness concern, if we had the budget to pay a decent fee for a striker we would be right up there. The budget is competitive for the play offs but is not for a title winning squad, we are short of where we need to be but a bit more investment in the squad at the start of the season would have seen us mount more of a challenge. I still fancy us for the play offs but I can't see why PH is getting stick about not getting a striker when for me if quality money was made available for a quality striker then I'm sure we would have no trouble finding one.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
grimsby pete
October 4, 2014, 8:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
What puzzles me is the way he struck that penalty was 1st class,

BUT

When having a shot on goal in normal play he always seems to mishit it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
mariner tommy
October 4, 2014, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from GrimRob

Yes I backed us to lose along with a few other teams. That doesn't mean I think we will lose. For every game I estimate the odds and compare with the bookies. I back wherever I think there is value. Anyway I won quite a bit on other bets today.

Me and my two lads have a six selection accumulator every week, We have backed Town to win on occasions and lost.
We have backed Town to draw on occasions and lost.
We have never backed Town to lose and never would.
We feel it's morally and principally wrong to. We want Town to win every game they play.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
jonnyboy82
October 4, 2014, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He scored, who the intercourse cares, the fact that we have not spent to find him a decent partner is the issue. Pittman has the ability but was always a fitness concern, if we had the budget to pay a decent fee for a striker we would be right up there. The budget is competitive for the play offs but is not for a title winning squad, we are short of where we need to be but a bit more investment in the squad at the start of the season would have seen us mount more of a challenge. I still fancy us for the play offs but I can't see why PH is getting stick about not getting a striker when for me if quality money was made available for a quality striker then I'm sure we would have no trouble finding one.  

totally disagree.

you could have the best striker in this league and paul would still either drop him or ruin him.

paul cannot complain about budgets or fees for strikers , he has had since pre season to bring in a striker but hasn't.

I feel we have the players to be a lot better than were we are now and im afraid all the messing about paul does with the squad and his overall managerial skills are not up to the job.

tbh I don't think it is so much now about paul getting stick for not bringing a striker in its more about the fact he is drawing or losing games we shouldn't be even without a top quality striker in this league.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 8:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Woking have the leagues highest scorer with 11 from 14. What is their budget?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
grimsby pete
October 4, 2014, 8:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner tommy

Me and my two lads have a six selection accumulator every week, We have backed Town to win on occasions and lost.
We have backed Town to draw on occasions and lost.

We have  backed Town to lose and they have only gone and won !!!!!!!!!!!

UTM

That's how I thought you was going to end it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
mariner tommy
October 4, 2014, 8:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete

That's how I thought you was going to end it.

No Pete, although Rob might.!!

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John-Lewis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.