5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gytone
October 1, 2014, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
I missed the game last night because of work and I haven't seen Arnold mentioned anywhere, was he injured ? sorry if this has been mentioned and answered elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
October 1, 2014, 7:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
There was some sort of mention that he was not fit  suprise suprise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
There are more questions than answers on this one.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
gytone
October 1, 2014, 7:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Ah I thought that must be the case, its a shame really whatever is going on, thought he looked useful on Saturday when he came on, reminded me of a slightly smaller version of Hearn.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2014, 7:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
According to PH in interview he has another calf injury.  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
JMT
October 1, 2014, 7:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Injured again in training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
chaos33
October 1, 2014, 7:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,787
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from MuddyWaters
There are more questions than answers on this one.

Yeah, well I think it's time there were answers. I just feel that Hurst's reply to questions about Arnold implied that he was holding back something. Like there was a subtext that had to be concealed. No sympathy was expressed - feeling for the player who has been plagued by endless injuries. No mention of his spirit or his determination. Just Hurst's comment that "he's unavailable to me". Now why did he choose that particular phrase? Something's not right here and this is costing us in terms of money and squad planning and management. If he doesn't want to be here or there are off the field issues, then we need to replace or release him. There's no time to skirt around the subject.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but there's surely more to this than we know.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah, well I think it's time there were answers. I just feel that Hurst's reply to questions about Arnold implied that he was holding back something. Like there was a subtext that had to be concealed. No sympathy was expressed - feeling for the player who has been plagued by endless injuries. No mention of his spirit or his determination. Just Hurst's comment that "he's unavailable to me". Now why did he choose that particular phrase? Something's not right here and this is costing us in terms of money and squad planning and management. If he doesn't want to be here or there are off the field issues, then we need to replace or release him. There's no time to skirt around the subject.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but there's surely more to this than we know.

We're only the paying (sometimes) customers - we've got no right to be informed.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
DocTower
October 1, 2014, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
I did ask before , why can't we send him back , but unfortunately both parties Cambridge and ourselves have to agree . So if they don't want him back we are lumbered . If he did go back , because it was a season long loan , we are the only club he could go to within this season on loan .
So basically getting paid for a year on the sick. End of the season he goes back to Cambridge and starts again as a league player with his parent club .
Cynical view , but if he doesn't want to be here , if rumours are correct ,  do something about it  now . Get someone in who does , easier said than done , but that is the managers job , that's what he gets paid for .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
jamesgtfc
October 1, 2014, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
I've heard that he's been complaining that he doesn't feel right and the club have told him it is all in his head. Arnold yesterday paid for a scan off his own back that revealed the injury is higher up his leg than our medical team have been treating.

Got to question our medical team, I recall Adrian Forbes wasn't very complimentary about Dave Moore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.