arryarryarry
October 2, 2014, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

That's your opinion, I think they've been good through the majority of the games, I can only pick the first half of Tuesdays game for mackreth playing bad myself.

In the same way you had an opinion.

My opinion is based on every game played this season including the friendlies.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
LookBackInAngers
October 2, 2014, 2:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
I fear little cameos are about all we will get for our money with this particular "player".Hurst unlucky or gullible?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
horsforthmariner
October 2, 2014, 2:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Garth

[/b]
Its a matter of opinion I know but Parslow never stood out as having a poor game Tuesday,  regarding that the attack and midfield never turned up on the night puttig extra pressure on our defence,  certainly can`t make him a scapegoat for that match he`s a steady Eddy IMO.

For a small and nippy winger read Dave Gilbert not very fast but tricky and used the ball well in the last third, something that Nielson could work on if coached right, you never saw Diddy try to beat six players before crossing the ball two was enough LOL

To be fair I've been watching Town for 25 years and I reckon Dave Gilbert is one of the best half dozen players I've seen in a Town shirt and neither Mackraith or Neilson are never going to be in Diddy's league and it's a little unfair to compare them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Biccys
October 2, 2014, 2:42pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Diddy is my favourite ever Town player.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 49
psgmariner
October 2, 2014, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Biccys
Diddy is my favourite ever Town player.

He is one of mine but his brushes with the law have tainted that a bit.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Garth
October 2, 2014, 4:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from psgmariner

In what way? genuine question because his high jinks off the field were nothing compared with a lot of pro footballers who carried a higher profile than Dave
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
MuddyWaters
October 2, 2014, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from psgmariner

As his misdemeanours happened well after his Town career, I don't consider them relevant to enjoying watching him terrorising opposition defenders.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
Maringer
October 2, 2014, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Wasn't there some sort of domestic violence thing a few years back? I seem to remember he was also caught nicking lead off a church roof near the start of his career (before he joined us) as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Nelly GTFC
October 2, 2014, 5:06pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters
How much is Arnold costing us anyway?
Think I read it on the U's website, we are basically paying conference premier wage, the difference in league 2 wages still paid by Cambridge.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
cleethorpes_mariner
October 2, 2014, 5:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from arryarryarry

In the same way you had an opinion.

My opinion is based on every game played this season including the friendlies.

I to have been to every game home and away including all pre season games and tbh I personally think he looked ok and defiantly a better player than Colebeck in all the games prior to getting injured. Since he as come back he looks a bit short of confidence and pace but I still feel he will get better as the season goes on.

I know I  will be shot down but I think Ross does not bring enough to the party, I just cant see him scoring the goals we need,
Not enough strength or pace to worry the opposition, Cant remember him having a shot on target on Tue night, maybe wrong,  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arnold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.