5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
October 1, 2014, 8:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I've heard that he's been complaining that he doesn't feel right and the club have told him it is all in his head. Arnold yesterday paid for a scan off his own back that revealed the injury is higher up his leg than our medical team have been treating.

Got to question our medical team, I recall Adrian Forbes wasn't very complimentary about Dave Moore.

Questioned about Dave Moore too , injuries that don't appear to heal , Hearn prime example . ?
He always standds with Hurst , so is he assistant manager or physio ?
Being an ex manager of scunny !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Chrisblor
October 1, 2014, 8:18pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
I really like when Dave Moore forces injured players to hobble off the pitch unassisted rather than calling for a stretcher (Hearn when he injured his knee last season, Pearson against Lincoln, Pittman against Torquay this season etc).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Abdul19
October 1, 2014, 8:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from DocTower
I End of the season he goes back to Cambridge and starts again as a league player with his parent club .

I'm guessing he'll be out of a job at the end of the season.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
moosey_club
October 1, 2014, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Was in the main stand giggling with his mrs most of last night apparently.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
RoboCod
October 1, 2014, 8:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
This season has been a little like travelling back in time 4 years, Hurst playing the part of Neil 'plucky' Woods and Arnold starring as Charles 'Never Ready' Ademeno, along with a startlingly realistic cast portraying all the other under achieving Class of 2010 team, even down to the odd drubbing of opponents by 6 or 7 goals to give us the impresssion that we've finally 'clicked'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
October 1, 2014, 9:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I've heard that he's been complaining that he doesn't feel right and the club have told him it is all in his head. Arnold yesterday paid for a scan off his own back that revealed the injury is higher up his leg than our medical team have been treating.

Got to question our medical team, I recall Adrian Forbes wasn't very complimentary about Dave Moore.

Hurst mentioned it's the same calf but in a different place in the calf.

If this is the case and the pain moves around in the same muscle, then the chances are it has a huge nerve component to it.

These are tricky to control especially if you are only focusing on the calf!!!! This happened to rio Ferdinand at utd.

Reply: 15 - 49
chaos33
October 1, 2014, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I think he could genuinely have a very tricky injury, but I just didn't feel the remarks from Hurst last night were what they might have been had this been the case. I've felt that before. Maybe it's just me. Something in Hurst's words and tone. As has already been stated, we need to move quickly to replace him whatever is going on. We were already short of strikers/attacking wide players so we're lacking at least 2 now IMO.

It's alright discussing this and that, but the writing is on the wall - if we want to mount a promotion challenge in what looks like a very competitive division this year we need to act and get the players we need or be caught well short. I think this actually hints at a fundamental issue with the whole club for me - we're trying to hedge our bets to promotion. Do it as cheaply as we can. Cut corners. Gamble. Give it another go, instead of seeing clearly what needs to be done and doing it, single-mindedly and clinically - with real intent and no room for second best. It's why we're not in the title race.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Abdul19
October 1, 2014, 10:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from moosey_club
Was in the main stand giggling with his mrs most of last night apparently.

Send him back!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 1, 2014, 10:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33
I think he could genuinely have a very tricky injury, but I just didn't feel the remarks from Hurst last night were what they might have been had this been the case. I've felt that before. Maybe it's just me. Something in Hurst's words and tone. As has already been stated, we need to move quickly to replace him whatever is going on. We were already short of strikers/attacking wide players so we're lacking at least 2 now IMO.

It's alright discussing this and that, but the writing is on the wall - if we want to mount a promotion challenge in what looks like a very competitive division this year we need to act and get the players we need or be caught well short. I think this actually hints at a fundamental issue with the whole club for me - we're trying to hedge our bets to promotion. Do it as cheaply as we can. Cut corners. Gamble. Give it another go, instead of seeing clearly what needs to be done and doing it, single-mindedly. Clinically - with real intent and no room for second best. It's why we're not in the title race.

I think you are right. The overall impression is that we are less professional than some of the part time outfits.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
My gut instinct is that it will cost the Board (Fenty) either way. Either they stump up a proper budget for the right manager or the club will slowly sink in further debt should the current malaise continue.

Promotion costs - it's 18 years since it last happened!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arnold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.