5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
September 7, 2014, 8:10am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Brown for me, He is the dogged midfielder we have needed since Pouton left.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
springstomind
September 7, 2014, 8:25am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Brown is the mammaries. Agree so much about him being the best in a long long time for us.

Him and clay look better than any mix and match of the likes of Panther, Thompson, Church, Artus, Thanoj, Kerr, Disley, Hudson, Leary, Cummins etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
pizzzza
September 7, 2014, 8:49am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
It's still early days but I remember saying when signed that Brown will be a big player for us and will most likely end up POTS. I haven't changed my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
MeanwoodMariner
September 7, 2014, 9:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Like most have said, Brown gets my vote because of his position. We've been desperate for someone like him.

I think Nsiala will probably go on to play at a higher level though and in that sense he is the better player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
jonnyboy82
September 7, 2014, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Scott brown has been magnificent ,did anyone see when he got clattered to the floor he still shuffled along the floor and managed to get a tackle in that sums the lad up and i just wish we had him on a two year deal.

For me the player who has come in and been outstanding in all his games and has got better with each game is carl magnay, that lad gets up and down that pitch more in one game than sam hatton can manage in a season.

All the signings are showing they are the real deal.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
Caesar
September 7, 2014, 9:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Am afarid to be boring and agree with everyone but it has to be Scott Brown.  Tough to separate him and Toto in many ways as they are both class but I think our defence has been good for a while, like Acko says for 10 years we have been missing a man who can control play in the middle of the park.  So for me that makes Brown the most crucial signing.  He is all over the place and can find an excellent pass and in every game I have seen him in he has been our best player or had an outstanding game either way (hard to give anyone specific MOM mentions at Gateshead).  

However I also agree that all signings have been class, even little Jack.  I think he needs to toughen up a bit and while he has not set the world alight so far I have seen enough of him to give me confidence he will get better and use his exceptional pace well!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
lobsterpot
September 7, 2014, 10:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Maggers is rapidly becoming my favourite player. Fantastic at whatever seems to be put in front of him. Brown superb altho' yesterday he went missing for the final 3rd of the game. I will disagree about Toto tho'. I cant quite put my finger on it but out of all the signings i expected the most from him and so far i sometimes feel uncomfortable when he is on the ball. The one bonus this season, and it is massive AND off topic, is we are no longer HOOOOOOFING it over the top from back to front and that is magical to watch compared to the dross on offer in the past.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Jarmo.Is.God
September 7, 2014, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Agree about Magnay, he was awful against Donny but they are different quality, but fair play to him, solid, gets forward and just overall a wicked signing.

Don't like McKreth, and can see Arnold soon taking his place if he stays fit.

clay the biggest surprise and at the end of the day, has took the captains place !

Pitmann looks to have pace and energy to burn ! A few times he has chased the defenders down and blocked them hoofing it, AND he can finish !

But brown or toto get it for me, both solid and if we got promoted, I would be happy with them in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
newfootballer
September 7, 2014, 10:24am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from ackomariner
I said on another thread earlier that IMO brown is the signing of the decade for me, just what we've needed for the last ten years in midfield.

Toto very good too, but brown gets my vote.....

I have to say I agree with you entirely, Brown is just what we needed in midfield and having played there myself I can appreciate everything he does out on the pitch.

First class indeed, and also I do agree with your quote about him being the best signing in ten years in midfield.

Dave Boylen  (NEW FOOTBALLER )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
rancido
September 7, 2014, 10:42am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Certainly Brown gets it for me closely followed by Clay. We can field a good team with these two in the " engine room " running things. Along with Paddy we now have a very strong mid-field with the added bonus of Disley in the squad to bolster things up when either of these three are either unavailable or fading towards the end of a game.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best new signing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.