Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 66 Guests

So what's the problem?

This thread currently has 31,193 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
March 20, 2013, 7:32am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Right here are my tactical views of what has gone wrong

Before Christmas we actually passed the ball around generally quite well and we was playing reasonably well but straight after boxing day our gameplay suddenly changed we was struggling to control ball and we was scraping the bottom of the barrell for wins

REASON
We turned to long ball all game, its just too predictable we all know what is coming, ball to hatton who hoofs it, obviously its managers instructions, and when it doesn't work we just don't have a plan B

TEAM SELECTION FORMATIONS

im sorry 80s but i disagree with you, too much chopping and changing has cost us with players ending up being very unsettled because they dont know whos playing also if your going to play long ball dont use 442 because in my opinion the wingers get isolated, play a 433 and if you have too play a 442 play a target man and somebody who can finish them off. AND WE MISS NIVEN

That is not too mention the following areas of weakness not including those already mentioned
Crossing
Decision making
2nd balls
Knock downs
Throw ins
Corners
Free kicks
Controlling the ball

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
wigworld
March 20, 2013, 4:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Isn't it obvious? We haven't played well....

...since Elding left.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 51 - 60
Laceby Andy
March 20, 2013, 4:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
Biggest reason is injurys as well as losing pond, neilson and hannah at crucial times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Laceby Andy
March 20, 2013, 4:42pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
...........oh and constantly giving excessive game time to LJL when we have proven better players in hannah cook and brodie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
March 20, 2013, 4:43pm
Guest User
No option for 'Management making poor decisions/wrong choices'? Would get my vote.
Reply: 54 - 60
lawsman
March 20, 2013, 8:11pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Why not get a grip on yourselves, good players do not become sh#t overnight. It just happens to be that a number of players have all suddenly hit a bad patch at the sametime.
          Other teams have only one or two players hitting a bad patch together, which has a minimal effect on their teams performances, ours however has disrupted our teams performances considerably.
                 Wait until after wembley and the players pick up again and we still make a charge for top spot, there is still enough games left.

KEEP THE FAITH
UTMM.

Getting excited for sunday now and a memorable win for the mighty mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
oldun
March 20, 2013, 8:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from lawsman
Why not get a grip on yourselves, good players do not become sh#t overnight. It just happens to be that a number of players have all suddenly hit a bad patch at the sametime.
          Other teams have only one or two players hitting a bad patch together, which has a minimal effect on their teams performances, ours however has disrupted our teams performances considerably.
                 Wait until after wembley and the players pick up again and we still make a charge for top spot, there is still enough games left.

KEEP THE FAITH
UTMM.

Getting excited for sunday now and a memorable win for the mighty mariners.

Wow, and I thought I was the positive optimist. Good on yer

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
Cod Cheeks
March 20, 2013, 8:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Simple for me
Injuries to key players
Pearson Disley Niven Hannah Thomas Devit (illness)
Doubt all of these have fully recovered but are keeping quiet so as not to miss out on Wembley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
barralad
March 20, 2013, 10:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600
It's there in black and white if you can be bothered to look.
So yes, obviously, I deny it.
In any case team selection has ZERO to do with me so find yourself another scapegoat.

The question is, do you want to "rotate" again for a strong team at Wembley ?

I actually have some sympathy with some of your views but:- At what point did you think that you were important enough to be considered as a scapegoat when things aren't going right??
This is a message board where people who are not professional football people give their OPINIONS on what team selection should be. It's a "bit of fun". Get over yourself..
I will say though that no-one has trumpeted the case for squad rotation louder than you.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
LongEatonMariner
March 20, 2013, 10:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
What about injuries to key personnel?  By that I mean Niven obviously, but also Thomas, Disley and Pearson are all carrying knocks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.