Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 96 Guests

So what's the problem?

This thread currently has 31,213 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 19, 2013, 10:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

I picked the strongest team for tonight.
FACT.

If you have to blame someone, blame those actually making the decisions.

Or better still, explain how Kiddy, Mansfield or Cambridge were down to SR and not just injuries and bad luck.

What a shame you aren't the manager then!

Is it really a FACT? So flipping indisputable every letter is capitalised.

Or is it that you are just confusing the words "fact" and "my opinion"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
Tom13
March 19, 2013, 10:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
If you ask me, the main problem is the huge hole left in front of the defence because Niven hasn't been playing. How many of the goals over the 4 games he has been out have been from counter attacks - exactly what Niven is there to stop?
I realise with Niven in the team we still weren't playing well, but we conceded much less thus relieving some of the pressure on our strikers (1 goal in the last 4 games, with that goal being scored by Miller, tells its own story). If you look at last season when we went off the boil at the end, we were lacking a holding player because Panther had left, and now we're struggling because Niven is out - in my opinion H&S' game plan to soak up pressure only really works with a player like Panther/Niven, to protect the defence. Therefore, hopefully with Niven coming back soon (when is he back?) we should at least have a bit more reason to be positive!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
GrimRob
March 19, 2013, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,474
Gold Stars: 115
Too many games. The FA Trophy run and the weather between them have killed us. Key players have got injured because of such a hectic schedule. It seems to happen every year to a few teams. Bradford and Luton both had cup runs this year that killed them. Good news is there's still time to turn it around.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 60
Bruce Springsteen
March 19, 2013, 10:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
games lost due to the weather, at Gateshead, and Nuneaton first time around which we could have won, and been 6/9 points better off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
Gary Haddock
March 19, 2013, 10:52pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from GrimRob
Too many games. The FA Trophy run and the weather between them have killed us. Key players have got injured because of such a hectic schedule. It seems to happen every year to a few teams. Bradford and Luton both had cup runs this year that killed them. Good news is there's still time to turn it around.

Hit the nail on head.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
FishOutOfWater
March 19, 2013, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1600

Fair enough.
I've always said it's a fine art.
Personally I don't think it's any good if you member up WHEN you actually do the rotating.

In any case I certainly don't buy this idea Kiddy, Mansfield or Cambridge were directly down to it - how could they be ?

I'm a massive believer in squad rotation and I picked a STRONGEST TEAM for tonight.
Make of that what you will !

What I make of it is you are not the manager(s)

We all have opinions but only two people picked the team tonight (S&H) and I would argue none of us influenced their decision(s) no matter how right we might think we are with our own preferences
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 60
mariner91
March 19, 2013, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,918
Gold Stars: 264
It's the lack of ability to perform the basics that is underpinning everything. How can you play when you can't even control it or put a corner into the area?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
80sglory
March 19, 2013, 11:07pm
Guest User
Is it really a FACT?

Yes.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1363358700/

Or is it that you are just confusing the words "fact" and "my opinion"?

No it's a fact. (see above !)

Furthermore...
Quoted from 1600

Which is the easier game - Cambridge at home or Nuneaton away ?
Not sure, don't think either is a walkover tbh.

But least we'll have some insurance of a good team to fall back on if things don't quite work Saturday.
But if they DO then we're laughing, heading to Nuneaton fresh and full strength with 3 pts (or even 1 point wouldn't be too bad) on our back...

So my strategy would be to target the latter fixture with the strongest team.
But tough decisions, maybe I'm wrong. You tell me...
Who'd be a manager eh ?

Not me that's for sure !
In my case I even get slagged off for picking a strongest team !

Quoted from FishOutOfWater
What I make of it is you are not the manager(s)

We all have opinions but only two people picked the team tonight (S&H) and I would argue none of us influenced their decision(s) no matter how right we might think we are with our own preferences

Exactly !
Thankfully I'm not !

And you're right I certainly didn't influence them - if anything they did the exact opposite to me.

Point is, 2 different approaches to "squad rotation" - one that went wrong, one that arguably could have been a lot better.

Anyway you don't need to tell me it's frustrating.
Personally I didn't agree with some of the selections tonight myself.
But tough decisions and we're just going through a bad patch for a number of reasons.
Doesn't mean we still can't do a Wembley promotion double though.

Like I said, rightly or wrongly I guess we're targeting Wembley with a strong team.
I wouldn't have done but there you go, tough decisions...
Reply: 37 - 60
cod.gtfc
March 19, 2013, 11:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

I picked the strongest team for tonight.
FACT.

oh come on 80's you have been arguing for resting players every game all season, don't deny that just because you happened to pick what in your opinion is the strongest 11 for tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
80sglory
March 19, 2013, 11:16pm
Guest User
It's there in black and white if you can be bothered to look.
So yes, obviously, I deny it.
In any case team selection has ZERO to do with me so find yourself another scapegoat.

The question is, do you want to "rotate" again for a strong team at Wembley ?
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.