Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 101 Guests

So what's the problem?

This thread currently has 31,212 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
cod.gtfc
March 19, 2013, 11:20pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
It's there in black and white if you can be bothered to look.
So yes, obviously, I deny it.
In any case team selection has ZERO to do with me so find yourself another scapegoat.

The question is, do you want to "rotate" again for a strong team at Wembley ?

the point is we shouldn't be put into the position of having to rotate to play our strongest team. We should have been playing our strongest team for weeks and weeks prior to now.

So yes if you really want an answer, yes rotate for Sunday to our strongest team and then keep our strongest team every game to stop the rotating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
80sglory
March 19, 2013, 11:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc
We should have been playing our strongest team for weeks and weeks prior to now.

And we haven't ?

Kiddy wasn't ?
Mansfield wasn't ?
Cambridge wasn't ?

You're living in cloud cukooo land IMO.
Reply: 41 - 60
Stevie Saunders
March 19, 2013, 11:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Hate criticsing S&H who, by and large, have done a great job but the squad rotation policy hasn't worked
Surely, you play your best strikers game in, game out; if you think players might get knackered then bring subs on after 60/65 mins; bottom line is if strikers are scoring they don't get tired
Midfield problems have been forced un us so you can't knock that too much
Too many players have suffered massive dip in form - you can't win games if 6/7 players aren't playing at even 5/10
We are winning, we go top two, we must have bags of confidence, then performances dip (how many times did we all post/read on here 'oh well, a win's a win) and we end up with mess we have at the minute
I'll give you three reasons....Niven, Wembley, pressure of being top
What else?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
thedmariner
March 19, 2013, 11:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Too many ins and outs at the turn of the year. Too many changes every week. Dropping Brodie one week. Hannah the next. Now Cook. Artus in then out. Playing Wood at left back when Thomas is available. Hatton in and out. Faffing about with three wingers. The signings of Naylor, LJL and seemingly Wilson who are making up the numbers instead of doing a job.

No real sign of a game plan any more. Lack of leadership. Players' confidence shot to pieces and managers who are unable to inspire them.

absolutley definately this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
80sglory
March 19, 2013, 11:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Surely, you play your best strikers game in, game out

What, even if it's not working and you're losing games against Kiddy, Mansfield and Cambridge ?  

Even if people don't agree (and I didn't agree with all the selections), they at least need to appreciate the managers dilemma IMO.

Reply: 44 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 19, 2013, 11:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

Yes.
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1363358700/

No it's a fact. (see above !)

Furthermore...

Not me that's for sure !
In my case I even get slagged off for picking a strongest team !

Exactly !
Thankfully I'm not !

And you're right I certainly didn't influence them - if anything they did the exact opposite to me.

Point is, 2 different approaches to "squad rotation" - one that went wrong, one that arguably could have been a lot better.

Anyway you don't need to tell me it's frustrating.
Personally I didn't agree with some of the selections tonight myself.
But tough decisions and we're just going through a bad patch for a number of reasons.
Doesn't mean we still can't do a Wembley promotion double though.

Like I said, rightly or wrongly I guess we're targeting Wembley with a strong team.
I wouldn't have done but there you go, tough decisions...

Sorry but a link to another thread where you drivel on at length does nothing to prove any point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 19, 2013, 11:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

What, even if it's not working and you're losing games against Kiddy, Mansfield and Cambridge ?  

Even if people don't agree (and I didn't agree with all the selections), they at least need to appreciate the managers dilemma IMO.

Well that rather depends on why games are being lost in the first place.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
Wrexham FC COYR
March 19, 2013, 11:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Wembley i think.. as we are dropping points like flies recently also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
80sglory
March 20, 2013, 12:04am
Guest User

Sorry but a link to another thread where you drivel on at length does nothing to prove any point.

It's purely the team, no "drivel".

Well that rather depends on why games are being lost in the first place.

Don't agree.
If you keep losing with a strong teamful of players not performing, there's a dilemma whether to keep faith with them or not.
Reply: 48 - 60
kevikov
March 20, 2013, 6:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from 1600

Because Cook was in need of a rest.

And LJL is the replacement "target man".
Are we really meant to ignor that and leave LJL on the sidelines forever ?

Maybe they should but it's all easy in hindsight.

If Artus had played and we'd lost, almost everyone would have said we should have played Disley.

Sometimes you just can't win whatever you do  
Sadly we can't  
But for me, rightly or wrongly things appear to have been geared about playing a strong team at Wembley.
e.g. Wood for Thomas tonight ?

Personally I wouldn't have done that, but there you go I'm not managing the side (thankfully !)...

My problem with LJL is why get him in the first place, cook is not a target man. LJL is not a replacement for him.
no hindsight required for unfit players, if someone is a doubt, don't play them. This is where adequate cover is not in place.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So what's the problem?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.