grimsby pete
March 17, 2013, 12:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
6 games ago we were top of the league,

Then we got to wembley ( well almost 3-0 home win )

Since then we have won 1 drawn 1 lost 4,

Maybe there is a connection there somewhere,

After the wembley win    we will have 9 games left,

If we win them all we still might not win the league but we just might, if the others have a bad run,

Mansfield and Kidddiminster have had great runs up to now, they surely can not keep it up to the end of the season,

Newport have got more games to play in a short time than any of us, so that could effect them,

That leaves Wrexham, well after losing at wembley they might go off the boil for a few games ,

I tell you what, I would not bet on any of the top five to win the league,

Its too close to call.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
Abdul19
March 17, 2013, 12:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
The season's over? Fuck off.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
March 17, 2013, 12:35pm
Guest User
This thread is a flipping insult to fans and management will Admin please remove it.
Reply: 32 - 59
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 17, 2013, 12:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Our problem has been the run to wembley, this game is on players minds and you have to say at the back of their minds they don't want to be injured for it, and the number of postponements. also the truth is we are not as good as Kiddy or Mansfield but that is about it. Notice wrexham are not doing particularly well lately either with Wembley on thier mind. With the current managers who will still get us to the play offs this season where anything could happen, we have to remember that we have slowly improved year on year. My only question is with the amount Fenty has spent is this his push where only promotion will do. If he has spent as much as I think this season then the managwers could well go in the summer if we are in this league

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
FishOutOfWater
March 17, 2013, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Rob Scott (and Paul Hurst)   IN

They both are contracted to manage Town and until either they are either sacked or choose to move on if someone else comes looking for their services (like we did when they were at Boston) then they are in and anyone who dislikes them can do nothing about that

Ever since they came here two years ago there have been people on their case...well if I'd been promised what they have given us so far in their time at Town, it would have been a no-brainer appointing them

Leave the manager(s) to get on with their jobs....it's still possible for us to have a successful season and the management team deserve our support
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 59
grimsby pete
March 17, 2013, 12:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from 2578
This thread is a flipping insult to fans and management will Admin please remove it.

You could have said S + H  in, enough said.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
RonMariner
March 17, 2013, 1:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,947
Gold Stars: 233
Incredible. We go from November to March losing just one game, then have a bad week and peopel question the managers? Nuts.

This isn't Chelsea.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
cleefish
March 17, 2013, 1:27pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Rob Scott (and Paul Hurst)   IN

They both are contracted to manage Town and until either they are either sacked or choose to move on if someone else comes looking for their services (like we did when they were at Boston) then they are in and anyone who dislikes them can do nothing about that

Ever since they came here two years ago there have been people on their case...well if I'd been promised what they have given us so far in their time at Town, it would have been a no-brain-er appointing them

Leave the manager(s) to get on with their jobs....it's still possible for us to have a successful season and the management team deserve our support

I agree 100% if we don't succeed in either goals at the end of the season then so be it upset yes but not worried because with the few out and replacements in and don't bother with the cup game then next season will be ours.
I SHALL STILL BE THERE FOR MY SEASON TICKET.UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
brad_gtfc
March 17, 2013, 1:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Who asked the question on Twiitter?

Jesus christ, they've done a very very good job since they took over.

Ino we've lost the last 3, but every single player in that squad in my eyes is up for it and wants the team to do well.

The managers have made some strange decisions. But stuff such as losing Pond and Nielson was out of there hands. Injuries to key players and the loss of form of our main goal threat have all coincided with these losses.

Really, what would be the point in getting rid of them? Ino, new manager comes in, we dont go up, then he needs a new season to build his own team blah blah blah (another minimum 3 years in this shite league)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 17, 2013, 2:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
For all their failings (and I'm one of their harshest critics, apart from Swin,) we are making progress. No way should we be changing managers now or any time soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rob Scott - In or Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.