Gary Haddock
March 17, 2013, 11:33am

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Zmariner
Best management we have had in years hope they are with us for the next 5 years UTMj

Totally agree.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 59
Stranger in the Park
March 17, 2013, 11:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -196
Gold Stars: 8
Remember Slade !! He brought back the faith and boy did we plumet after he went. We NEED stable management and S&H ,despite a few poor signings ,have been a breath of fresh air to Town.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 59
newfootballer
March 17, 2013, 11:43am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from northbankmariner
i was very sceptiacl when these two were apponted, i dont mind admitting that at the time i thought it was a mistake. I was crying out for a proven seasoned manager with plenty of experience from the football league who hopefully had enough contacts in the game to help us out. i thought in all honesty that the dynamic duo's appointment was a step backwards and almost accepting we are a non league club and lacking ambition.

How wrong was i.   scott and hurst have revitalised a side and a club in doom and gloom,  they have brought back the feel good factor of being a town fan again. they go about their business under the radar and have pulled off some fantastic signings for a club in our position and have developed a team with a great defensive record, a solid if not spectacular midfield and on paper one of the best attacking line ups in the league.  we all feel it would be even better had hearn been fit this season for sure but considering where we have been and where we are now then to even conemplate changing managers is simply the craziest thing i have heard in a long while. Stability will bring success, am convinced of it, we have the nucleus and the ambition of a good football club, ok if we dont go up people will say it is a failure, i wont, as progress has been made, we can all see that, give these two more time and anyway who is to say we arent going up in the playoffs this year.  

scott and hurst dont change a thing, we have hit a lean patch for sure but dont comromise your beliefs, your talents took us to the top of the table a few weeks back, and we have not becom sh!te in a month.   a fully fit town is a very strong unit, and that is all down to the current managers assembling this squad with the backing of mr fenty and the board.

UTM

What a good answer to all these so called Town supporters, are you all real we have been in despair for a number of years and these two guys come in and create a good team spirit where it is all their to see out on the pitch.

Yes we have hit a bad spot to lose three games on the trot is not very good I admit especially nearing the end of the season

To me and I am going to Wembley myself, we could have really done without being in the competition from my point of view.

But the fact is we are there and me and my daughters and Grandson will be there in full cheering the Managers and the team with all our loyalty, how can anybody say sack the Managers we are still in with a chance in the play-offs and could possibly win a cup final at Wembley.

Already certain people are chasing sacking the two Managers, what a load of rubbish.
DAVE BOYLEN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 59
aaron rattray
March 17, 2013, 11:48am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Shouldn't sack them, if not tacticallly great managers but mentally they are, a close knit squad with correct mentality is a must and these 2,have done that

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 59
cmackenzie4
March 17, 2013, 11:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.22
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from northbankmariner
i was very sceptiacl when these two were apponted, i dont mind admitting that at the time i thought it was a mistake. I was crying out for a proven seasoned manager with plenty of experience from the football league who hopefully had enough contacts in the game to help us out. i thought in all honesty that the dynamic duo's appointment was a step backwards and almost accepting we are a non league club and lacking ambition.

How wrong was i.   scott and hurst have revitalised a side and a club in doom and gloom,  they have brought back the feel good factor of being a town fan again. they go about their business under the radar and have pulled off some fantastic signings for a club in our position and have developed a team with a great defensive record, a solid if not spectacular midfield and on paper one of the best attacking line ups in the league.  we all feel it would be even better had hearn been fit this season for sure but considering where we have been and where we are now then to even conemplate changing managers is simply the craziest thing i have heard in a long while. Stability will bring success, am convinced of it, we have the nucleus and the ambition of a good football club, ok if we dont go up people will say it is a failure, i wont, as progress has been made, we can all see that, give these two more time and anyway who is to say we arent going up in the playoffs this year.  

scott and hurst dont change a thing, we have hit a lean patch for sure but dont comromise your beliefs, your talents took us to the top of the table a few weeks back, and we have not becom sh!te in a month.   a fully fit town is a very strong unit, and that is all down to the current managers assembling this squad with the backing of mr fenty and the board.

UTM

Good post mate, the next few weeks are going to be a big test for the management duo with Wembley and the playoffs (hopefully) to contend with.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 59
March 17, 2013, 11:49am
Guest User
We should give Rob Scott the freedom of freeman street or a honourary degree from Grimsby University. Or maybe a bonus.... for his tactical genious and putting life back into our great club.
Reply: 25 - 59
Pelham
March 17, 2013, 11:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -34
Got to be out. Poor football, no tactical clue and now losing ground in the promotion chase. Get them out and rescue the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 59
marinerdean
March 17, 2013, 11:55am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
over the past 10 years we've been sacking managers like Chelsea, now we've got two young mangers, who have a lot to learn but can only get better. Its like what Rob Scott said in his interview, if these 3 defeats came over 26 games we wouldn't be talking about it but, because they have come in 8 days its the end of the world? We're fifth in league and in a cup final. I bet our aim at the start of the season was to finish in the play-offs, but because we had a decent spell which put us top, people now think we're under achieving. Yes we should be beating the likes of Braintree and Cambridge, but its football anything can happen. Give the managers time, if we don't go up this season, then next year they might not go for the trophy and just concentrate on the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 59
Super Clive
March 17, 2013, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Pelham
Got to be out. Poor football, no tactical clue and now losing ground in the promotion chase. Get them out and rescue the season.

You've been itching for this dip in form haven't you, what a flipping girl private you are. Now intercourse off you member sucker.

Where was you in nov December etc.

girl private
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 59
northbankmariner
March 17, 2013, 12:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
it has woke me up and slapped me on the face.  look at the teams we are competing against,
Wrexham - very very unlucky not to go up last year so already had a squad more than capable of getting out of this league.
Newport - havent they spent a hell of a lot of money this season and have resources richer than us right now.
Kidderminster - no one can argue that they are not just a very good footballing side and a strong team
Mansfield - havent they like newport spent rather a lot of money this year and have a super rich chairman
Forest Green - many peoples favourites to win the league at the start of the year as thay also have spent very heavily.

crikey we are up there amongst these  teams and our records against them at the top is decent enough. the only player we have paid cash for was hannah.  we have been blessed by signing some very good loan players thanks scott and hurst)this year who have helped put us right up there, but these players were never ours (pond/nielsen) considering the squad we have assembled at very little cost compared to the others i have mentioned here then we are doing bloody well to keep up with them and still be in with a shout.

people are saying we should be beating these teams? why   maybe 5 years ago yes we should, but the truth of the matter is financially we are struggling to keep up with these clubs right now but i still believe on the pitch we are a good side. we are non-league the same as these teams and have no right/enttlement to beat them thay are just as ambitious as us and just as talented as the league table suggests.  

wea are making progress and this should be actively encouraged.

UTM

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rob Scott - In or Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.