Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OS ticket sales?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 118 Guests

OS ticket sales?

This thread currently has 3,141 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Munster
March 14, 2013, 3:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / 0
My 9 year old can't wait keeps going on Wembley site and checking out the view from his seat.
Do you think Man UTD or Chelsea fans get sick of going to Wembley.
NO as it shows that your club is being successful and winning things which as we all now s why we support our team just for days like this as we never know when it might happen again. Maybe 6 weeks later or 6 years later or never again in our lifetime so lets all enjoy it and take it all in as you never know we may not go again !

Have followed Town for all my life during the ups and downs.

My son plays for school of excellence which is so well run without any funding and can see some future stars in the lower age teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
cod.gtfc
March 14, 2013, 3:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Been to wembley the past three times, if it was at a premier league ground I probably wouldn't bother but I am going to Wembley again.

In short the reason they want it at Wembley is because the crowds will be bigger there, if they held it elsewhere its been proven by past crowds, fans/part time fans aint as interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Gary Haddock
March 14, 2013, 3:18pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I am excited, it's my first time to Wembley with town. I just wondering if anyone else thought that this competition is too small for a Wembley final with such little interest. If it was a football league trophy/cup we'd easily take 25,000+. But because it's a non league trophy it seems we're struggling to get 20.000. Though I still predict a mad rush next week for a lot of fans.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
oldun
March 14, 2013, 3:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Whatever the numbers it will be a great atmosphere and a grand day out. FFS enjoy it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
BIGChris
March 14, 2013, 3:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
The Vase final always used to be played at Wembley. I went many times to watch that so i dont agree that this competition is 'too small' for Wembley.

This is a chance for fans to go to Wembley who otherwise may never get to watch their team there. I am sure Wrexham are delighted the game is at Wembley giving them a chance to visit the national stadium for the first time.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
grimsby pete
March 14, 2013, 4:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,832
Gold Stars: 222
I have been following town for nearly 60 years,

If you count Cardiff, I have visited our national stadium 5 times counting this one,

Thats one visit every 12 years,so I am hardly losing interest in going, the novelty is definately not wearing off,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
gtfcbean
March 14, 2013, 5:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +9 / -7
are you all forgetting that it aint just a fans day out. the players dream of playing at wembley yeah some already have but how does the likes of Bradley Wood feel if he make the squad.
'bradley ummm would you like to play at old trafford or wembley? wot would his answer be?
answers on a post card to G Haddock
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Tinymariner
March 14, 2013, 5:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Can you imagine the reaction of fans if the FA announced that the final would take place at Villa park or another prem ground, rather than Wembley.  I think there would be an uproar. Still, its something else to whinge about.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Gary Haddock
March 14, 2013, 6:47pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from gtfcbean
are you all forgetting that it aint just a fans day out. the players dream of playing at wembley yeah some already have but how does the likes of Bradley Wood feel if he make the squad.
'bradley ummm would you like to play at old trafford or wembley? wot would his answer be?
answers on a post card to G Haddock

Good point. Also good points made above about other clubs having their Wembley dreams. Makes me change my opinion.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Ipswin
March 14, 2013, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think its excellent that little non-league clubs like us and Wrexham can play at Wembley however tinpot the trophy they are playing for might be. I'll be there like Pete for my 4th visit (plus cardiff makes 5) and I'm looking forward to the occasion (mainly the beers before and after rather than the match) but pleeeeeeese, and I know that for some of you it's the first time you have seen Town at Wembley, can we stop this endless 'what block are you in?', 'how many tickets have we sold' and other ridiculously over-exciteable threads from over-excited folk on here

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OS ticket sales?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.