Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OS ticket sales?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 123 Guests

OS ticket sales?

This thread currently has 3,145 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
March 14, 2013, 2:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,048
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Gary Haddock

20,000 would take us up to the next tier.

Anyone else think it should of been held at a smaller stadium, like Man U's or Man City's ground? Wembley stadium is proving to be too big of a stadium for such small interest.

If i was a wrexham fan id want it at wembley but because its old hat to us i would have preffered villa park trafford somewhere like that, but the truth is the fa need to recoup back ££££££ to pay the building debt which is why the fa cup semis are there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Rodley Mariner
March 14, 2013, 2:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Old trafford/ ethihad  i think we would have took 20k

Maybe because it's so long since we played at Old Trafford and never at the Etihad but that wouldn't be true of other teams. What would it have done for the attendance if the final had been Dartford vs Cambridge?

Is anyone disappointed that they're going to be watching Town running out at Wembley next Sunday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
dapperz fun pub
March 14, 2013, 2:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Maybe because it's so long since we played at Old Trafford and never at the Etihad but that wouldn't be true of other teams. What would it have done for the attendance if the final had been Dartford vs Cambridge?

Is anyone disappointed that they're going to be watching Town running out at Wembley next Sunday?

Read my second post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
dapperz fun pub
March 14, 2013, 2:36pm
Special Brew Drinker

And dartford/cambridge @ west ham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
GYinScuntland
March 14, 2013, 2:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Not really, it would have the novelty of going to a premier league club's stadium. A chance a non league club might not get again unless you draw them in a cup. Or make it into that league or even they get relegated.

Good grief, let's patronise ourselves and save anyone else the bother. (at least they had a good day out at Wembley etc etc)
What you have to understand is there are a large majority of supporters who have been going for decades, we have seen it, done it and got the tee shirt so to speak. Going to any stadium doesn't give us a little sex wee at all.
The point of playing at Wembley is it's the National Stadium, for cup finals, pomp and tradition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
dapperz fun pub
March 14, 2013, 2:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Good grief, let's patronise ourselves and save anyone else the bother. (at least they had a good day out at Wembley etc etc)
What you have to understand is there are a large majority of supporters who have been going for decades, we have seen it, done it and got the tee shirt so to speak. Going to any stadium doesn't give us a little sex wee at all.
The point of playing at Wembley is it's the National Stadium, for cup finals, pomp and tradition.

The last bit is very true but in these economic times its going to cost a fortune for a large family to travel to london maybe stay over etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Gary Haddock
March 14, 2013, 2:45pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6

No and not the point either.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Gary Haddock
March 14, 2013, 2:46pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I see what you're saying but calm down it was only an opinion.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
Rodley Mariner
March 14, 2013, 2:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Read my second post

Fair points - hadn't seen it when I posted. Personal preference I suppose but I'm much more excited at a trip to Wembley than I would have been at a trip to Villa Park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
aaron rattray
March 14, 2013, 2:56pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Although i went 2008 im excited to be going to wembley

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › OS ticket sales?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.