5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
March 13, 2013, 1:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Quoted from 2578

I would say you need a reality check we are now 7 points behind to 2 teams that are in a rich vein of form at the right time, we on the other hand are way off form, 7 points is hard to make up at the best of times but with only 11 games to go our only hope now is to stay in contention for a playoff place.

With games on hand on both of them? Who have to play each other twice? There are some form teams at the minute, but everyone has a bad spell, I think Kiddy lost there last 3 games of last season after going on a great run.
If we can win on Saturday and play like we did tonight I see no reason why it's over.
I know its hard after 10 years of excrement, but have abit of optimism ay.
We know in this league after losing to lesser teams theres always shocks and surprises results wise.
33 points left to play for, thats alot.
If Wrexham lose there next game and we win, we go within 4 points and a game in hand. BELIEVE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Grimozi
March 13, 2013, 1:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Still plenty of time to go, lots of games between the top teams that could go in our favour, better to have our blip now for a few games then turn it around, the teams in form are due a fall, hopefully sooner rather than later or the as the play offs happen.

I reckon we will go up via the playoffs and do the same as 98", forever the optimist but winning the league is still a possibilty

How about Hearn to return as our Roy of the rovers for older town fans and send us up

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
psgmariner
March 13, 2013, 1:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Important we don't let the mood change to one of despondancy that we are not going to win the title. Need to remain positive and upbeat to take us through the playoffs.

At the beginning of the season I would have been delighted with where we are in the league. Throw in the fact we have made it to the final of the trophy and there is a lot to be positive about.

My only concern is whether Fenty will be quite so generous next year IF we don't go up. We have spent BIG this season in a bid to get out of the league.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
aaron rattray
March 13, 2013, 2:55pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
If we have any chance of still winning the league we need maximum points from our next 4 league games IMO

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Mariners_15
March 13, 2013, 3:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris
Winning the league looks extremely difficult but we have one game against a side in the top 6 (and that being the last one) and lots of the others will drop points as they play each other.

There are more twists and turns to come in my opinion and all we can do is try and win each game as it comes and see where it takes us.

UTM

Spot on, it will be extremely difficult and were going to have to go on a massive run. A positive is that, as you say, most of the others have got to play each other, we only have to play Newport, apart from that have the best run in so it's not impossible!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
Stevie Saunders
March 13, 2013, 5:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Not over at all but bloody difficult as there are a few teams which will need to slip up and not just one
EG: FGR beat Mansfield on Friday and we beat Cambridge only 4pts with game in hand. If Wrexham/Newport drop points then it's game on again
Four points is nothing in the 'squeaky bum time' part of season...teams do funny things when they are nervous and desperate to get over the line
Do think we need to win 9 out off 11 to stand a chance though which is tough but could happen
never give up
And as for those who want Mansfield to beat FGR have a word with yourselves...faint heart and all that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
JonoGrimsby777
March 13, 2013, 5:55pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +16
So some fans giving up now?  Wow.  The top 5 teams are the tightest I've ever seen in a league going for the title, and with ten games left.  Yes, the table looks like it will be difficult for us to win it now, but the last few weeks have shown us the beast that is this league.

Us and Wrexham have been patchy in the last few weeks, our last two were against two of the best teams in the division, and tbh, if we'd have taken our numerous chances in both games, we probably would have won them both.  The performances are there, we just got unlucky against two good sides.  

We have two VERY winnable games next, Nuneaton and Cambridge.  If we win those we will have our confidence back, and will hopefully capitalise on other teams' slip-ups.  Trust me, the teams around us WILL slip up in the last ten games, especially as Wrexham and Mansfield still have to play each other twice (I think).  Three wins from the next three games = we're back in it as far as I'm concerned.  Put it this way, we could just end the season now, take a visit to Wembley and try to ride our luck in the playoffs, or we could really go for the title, a title we've still a good chance of winning.  Wouldn't you love to win the title from where we are now?  And the thing is, it's very possible.

It's natural for fans to be annoyed and negative after two defeats, but get back to me if we win the next three games, and tell me you still think we have no chance.

It's never over until it's over.  Keep the faith.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
gtfc71
March 13, 2013, 6:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +8
Quoted from psgmariner
My only concern is whether Fenty will be quite so generous next year IF we don't go up. We have spent BIG this season in a bid to get out of the league.

Couple of really good posts on this thread. I think JonoGrimsby777 makes an excellent point. Of course it is too early to say 'we have no chance of the title'. Do I think we will win it? No. But to say it's over can't be right. I'm sure there were stacks of similar posts on Kiddermister's fan sites earlier in the season.

I will just say that there has been a general consensus that we haven't played great since Christmas. Therefore, I find the fans saying we played well for an hour last night and therefore feel better about the run-in to have a slight 'snatching at straws feel'.

I'd also point out that we have to be honest with ourselves when we evaluate Town and their chances. Anyone who felt we were unlucky not to get all three point against Kidderminster really was at a different match to the one I attended.

Finally, I really, really hope that GTFC do go up this season. The finance situation that PSG has highlighted above is a real worry. As the pressure builds, I do feel Saturday is a big (note - not 'must win') match. Should we go a goal down I feel we will learn an awful lot about the squad on Saturday from their response.

gtfc71
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
wigworld
March 13, 2013, 6:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I remember the season we dropped down to this league, it all went to the last day. We needed to win our game (Burton Albion), and we needed Barnet to lose theirs. Neither happened.

This year, I can see it being the same - we'll need to win our game to finish top, and we'll need others to lose theirs (although too early to say exactly who).

Too early to give up hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 44
Mrs Doyle
March 13, 2013, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
FFS what is up with some of you we still have a chance where is the spirit of 98 geta grip and support the lads ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's not over

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.