Niven and Disley loss

This thread currently has 2,996 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Conference10
March 12, 2013, 9:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / -15
Amazing that losing Niven made such a difference. He is superb.

Then Disley goes off through injury and the game changes again.

Too many changes in the last couple of weeks in important places. Pearson out last week made a difference.

Finally we just don't look confident in front of goal anymore.

Worried that we could slip out of the play offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
March 12, 2013, 9:35pm
Guest User
great post bro etc
Reply: 1 - 33
aaron rattray
March 12, 2013, 10:16pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Coming back currently, after disley went off our midfield turned excrement and we lost all our fluidity, thanoj was a flipping passenger he touched the ball like 8 times and naylor im afraid is not as good as thought

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Mariner16
March 12, 2013, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Naylor was doing the work of two men though aaron. Got to hope  disley will be fit for Cambridge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
snottsmariner
March 12, 2013, 11:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Naylor didn't have the best of nights but it was a made up situation with Disley going off. Doesn't just happen does it. What I do know is that the effort shown was much better than the last fifteen on Saturday just appears that their heads go at times. Mansfield where not Kidderminster and another day we would have won that comfortably
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
SteveL
March 12, 2013, 11:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +30
Quoted from snottsmariner
Naylor didn't have the best of nights but it was a made up situation with Disley going off. Doesn't just happen does it. What I do know is that the effort shown was much better than the last fifteen on Saturday just appears that their heads go at times. Mansfield where not Kidderminster and another day we would have won that comfortably

Sorry, but don't know what you and Aaron are talking about. Naylor was superb next to Disley in the first half. When Thanoj came on second half it just left Naylor with far too much to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
snottsmariner
March 12, 2013, 11:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
If you read into what I said I talked about the made up situation. He was outstanding in the first half but struggled as Thanoj was not really in it again! this made him struggle and you could understand that after the ground he covered from one end to the other and nearly scored too. I was actually responding to Aaron's suggestion  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
gtfc98
March 12, 2013, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Thanoj was disgraceful tonight. Lathargic and didn't ever want to ball, didn't put a tackle in. It sounds petty but the tone was set by his "warm up" when Croudson told him he was coming on, if anyone else noticed you'll know what I mean.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
brad_gtfc
March 12, 2013, 11:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Agree about the warm up, he didn't look ready to come on at all.

Thought Naylor did well next to Disley, sometimes over plays, but at least he's trying.

I like Thanoj but tonight he was shocking and a passenger, but thats partly cos we started lumping it after they scored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
aldi_01
March 12, 2013, 11:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Personally I'd have slung on the new lad over thanoj. The changes we've had to make have been forced upon us and we've failed to deal with them a couple of times.

I thought naylor did a great job, he tried to get the ball out wide and was successful several times and he was hardly helped by thanoj...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Niven and Disley loss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.