Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 99 Guests

Niven and Disley loss

This thread currently has 2,995 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
March 13, 2013, 10:34pm
Guest User
Sorry don't want t get into another argument but it's just a matter of principle regardless of who's doing it.

If you're saying I said something "Only a week or two ago", you should be able to find it on the Search facility.

Or admit you were mistaken please ?

Like I said, I do seem to remember I made the point about players getting injured a while back.
Guess I was probably waffling on about the merits of squad rotation at the time.
i.e. not having to bring in players in out the cold (especially if it's last day of the season)

Reply: 30 - 33
80sglory
March 13, 2013, 10:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33

You don't remember saying that you thought that Disley's autoselection and importance to us might eventually meet with him 'burning out'?

Yeah I do remember that. (though don't recall the "autoselection" bit though, I've talked about resting Dis and playing Niven +Thanoj before)
But that's fatigue, not injury.
2 different issues I think.
Reply: 31 - 33
chaos33
March 13, 2013, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 362
Yes that's what I was referring to. The phrase 'autoselect' was mine not yours. Sorry for any misunderstanding. I was merely building on your point and offering the notion that Disley's injury might have come about partly through overuse or at least hard use. He has played a lot of games this season. No need to 'get into an argument' surely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
80sglory
March 13, 2013, 11:15pm
Guest User
No problem.
It's just there's enough people who feel the need to speak on my behalf on here already, say what I'm saying, thinking etc.

Just think it's always best to speak for yourself (unless you can quote others).
If not best to phrase it as a question asking confirmation.
Sorry to be picky it's just a pet hate of mine.
Quoted from chaos33
I was merely building on your point and offering the notion that Disley's injury might have come about partly through overuse or at least hard use.

Oh I see.
Well that's another issue too, who knows.
Personally I'm not gonna jump to any conclusions without any evidence or proof but it's certainly an interesting point in general.
Do more injuries tend to happen towards the end of season with more intensiveness/overuse ?
Wouldn't suprise me but who knows.
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Niven and Disley loss

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.