FishOutOfWater
November 16, 2012, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,588
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from gaz57
Councillors acting on a subject they have no idea about. I would like to challenge the councillor responsible to show good will to the poll tax paying supporters
and give an alternative on match days such as free buses and park and ride paid for by the parking fines from this ill thoughtout policy. IMO this is designed to make more money from us or they would make it 3 hours.
They are just a bunch of out of touch people voted in by a couple of hundred voters and have no interest in what football does for this town because if they did we would have had a new staduim bloody years ago.  

What we need is someone within the club who has good connections with the council to bring this up....any thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 43
Garth
November 16, 2012, 1:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Absolute disgrace another money making racket, just ban roadside selling or allow a dispensation on match days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
moosey_club
November 16, 2012, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
But on the flipside they are removing most of the resident parking schemes in other areas of Town as the residents couldnt be bothered to respond !!
Give in one hand and take with the other...proper politicians.

Regardless of time of arrival i find if you are actually capable of reversing into a parking spot you can get parked within three streets of the ground anyway.
Plenty of drivers roll straight past spots which they could fit into if they had the necessary skill. .....and not all of them women.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
oldun
November 16, 2012, 5:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
come on get real this is not a problem, there are only 3-4000 going to the match. The area coped when we had 10000 going or even more. Don't be so bloody lazy, just park further way and walk, you know put one foot in front of the other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
grimsby pete
November 16, 2012, 6:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Henryscat
8am - 6pm Monday to Saturday so at least night games won't be affected.

They could quite easily change this to 4pm on match days allowing people to arrive after 2.

I agree , I am sure that would work because,

The traffic wardens finish work at 4-00pm on a Saturday. ( well they do down here )

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
tintowner
November 16, 2012, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
When do these parking changes actually come into effect?

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
moosey_club
November 16, 2012, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
or for all the real men out there...just tell the mrs not to make plans as she is dropping you off and picking you up.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
80sglory
November 16, 2012, 10:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun
come on get real this is not a problem, there are only 3-4000 going to the match. The area coped when we had 10000 going or even more. Don't be so bloody lazy, just park further way and walk, you know put one foot in front of the other.

Not really a case of that for me, I sometimes walk all the way down Isaacs Hill and Grimsby Road.
Guess it's more a case of arsing about finding your normal parking spot might have gone, reversing etc and making other plans.
But yeah see your point hopefully it shouldn't be a big deal...
Reply: 37 - 43
Marinerz93
November 17, 2012, 11:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from oldun

People aren't used to walking from the docks in clogs to the match like they did in your day  

I live near old clee church, I walk with my 75 year old father in law and a friend, takes us half an hour but the old man enjoy's it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
voice of reason
November 17, 2012, 6:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ska face
If only there was some way of detecting which cars were for sale...

Haha, funny as fook...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday Parking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.