Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 85 Guests

Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

This thread currently has 3,518 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 6:11am
Guest User
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HYDE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"didn't play as a back 4 in the 1st half it was so disjointed 2nd half a lot more like us." and "the shape was a lot better"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAINING & GENERAL MOOD    
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"there's quite a bit we're looking at but at the same time we can't get too far away from where we have been"

"We had a chat with them and spoke briefly about the other night but more about moving forward and challenging first up Woking, and then they were still a little bit quiet but as the session wore on they've been excelllent, done what we asked and they look nice and bright..."

"We need to get back to what we're good at, today they've certainly trained at a good tempo and shown that they're ready, ready for Saturday."

"it's the same group of players that we know can perform well and trained well today and we need that to carry forward to Saturday."

BULLET BRIEF

- Fully fit squad to choose from.  
- Hurst keeping his cards close to his chest over team selection but says "there maybe changes"
- "we need to pass the ball more" and "start the game brighter"
- Simon Ford's name has been "recirculated" [for loan] but no calls at present.

PLAYING AT HOME

"Think the fact now we've lost away from home, let's go and get a win at home.
Let's try and put a run together at Blundell Park.
Fans that have followed us away from home have been rewarded with a long run of undefeated games til Tuesday night and their support helps there's no getting away from that!
At home I think you always have the lions share of fans there and sometimes think it's easier to sort of sit and expect because you've maybe not got any stick from the away fans if they only bring 10, 20, 30 whatever it is.
But at the same time we realise we have to give them something to shout about but we want to try and create an atmosphere that opposing teams do find difficult to play in and hard to come against.
And sometimes that can be the start of the game as I've said, maybe if the fans are right up for it players can follow and vice versa.
As I said I'm not by any stretch, it's not the fans fault that we haven't won games it's just trying to create that hostile environment for the opposition and which can hopefully spur our lads on that extra yard as well.
The onus is on us as managers and players to start games bright and get the crowd behind us.
And at home yes, results haven't been great but the last one, certainly Macclesfield, said before we'd win that game most weeks. And think the football the fans saw, the majority were happy with that sort of performance.
So at the end of the game there wasn't any booing or things like that, they was applauded off and they saw that. So if we can get a similar sort of performance I'm sure the result will be different."

ON CHANGING A WINNING TEAM

"The reason we went back with Shaun is he's been us best player this season, certainly right up there !
So we introuduced him and Andy got the winner so that was the reason behind it, it wasn't like we made wholesale changes"  

"No-one can ultimately stand here 100% certain that it would have been any different had we stick with the same side."

ON ANTHONY ELDING

"We just felt he needed to come out. You know I think he;s been in the team, he's struggled for a goal. Not just Anthony in fairness, but just looking at him just felt it was getting on top of him and felt it was better to pull him out of the firing line altogether cos if he'd have been on the bench he'd have still been unhappy at not being in the team and still a little bit down..."

Says he'll be in the squad but "we'll need to decide whether that's enough time 1 game."

WOKING

"carry a threat going forward."

says their manager said "They'll cause problems for anyone in the league"

"We need to put them under pressure and take the game to them so the majority of the game is played in their half of the pitch.
Ultimately it will stop their threat going forward or a lot of it."

"Yes they're a little bit off it [league place] and Dartford are the team that ultimately are highest at the minute our of the promoted sides but maybe come the end of the season Woking might be up there pushing so we need to be at us best !
We keep saying it, maybe that's just re-emphasised from what we've been saying about how we're starting games currently."

MENTAL ISSUES ?...

Matt Dean: Q "Is that a mental thing do you think when you're come up against teams that perhaps don't sound so glamourous, is it a mental thing for your players ?"

Paul Hurst: "That's a question that we've been asking. That we posed to them after the game against Hyde.
But what I would say is, in the build up to the game, training Monday and right up to kick off, we walked down the tunnel across to the dugout and said "They look really up for it and they're ready".
Everything we'd want to hear and the right feeling. I think Rob spoke before one of the games we didn't play well he sensed that.
But the other night on Tuesday everything was right so, maybe it was the fact that the mistake knocked us.
But if that is the case then we can't let THAT affect us, there's still a hell of a long way to go in the game and had it remained at 1-0, again, it may have been a different story. So we look at all of that.
But I think the players just because of the result will be ready and know what's expected of them.
Ultimately how it plays out there's another side that comes to the game, there's a referee who may have a bit of an influence but providing we're doing everything we can in our power to make it difficult for Woking and try to put them on that back foot nice and early then we'll be happy."

OPPOSITION THREAT AND TACTICS

Talks about Wokings options and several different "attacking threats" up front then says...

"So we can prepare and we obviously we do but there's no guarantee about what team they put out.
OR maybe what the way they'll approach the game.
[We've] Talked about their attacking threat and probably the stronger side of their game but they're coming to Blundell Park.
Are they gonna sit back and soak up a bit of pressure and try to hit us on the break ?
Again, we won't know until the game starts but that's why we have to concentrate on what we want to do as a team because we can certainly influence that."

80's RATINGS

Paul Hurst 9/10 - Even if he didn't have every answer, lot of excellent points and a POSITIVE "can do" outlook trying his best to look FORWARD.  
Pleased he spoke about wanting to "create an atmosphere", "hostile environment" and "maybe if the fans are right up for it players can follow and vice versa"  
Slight criticism seemed to be talking up the opposition chances a tiny tiny bit but certainly not without any reason.

Matt Dean 9/10 - On the ball, confident & perfect questions. good job probing about the slow starts... JT would be proud !

AFTER THE MANAGERS WORDS ?  

So ARE WE ALL UP FOR IT ?
Ready to create a "HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT" ?     
Not sure about you, I'm licking my lips gunning for this one, should be a cracker !!!  

Might need patience if they park the bus but we'll take our chances against their so far dodgy backline.

Either way with 100% effort on the pitch, in the crowd and some luck, if we're back near our best it should be back close to top with a FINE WIN ON THE CARDS and the Park rocking once again with a bang.

Welcome to hell ?
Well it's "Welcome to Blundell Park" Woking FC, expect another tough and tiring afternoons work !     

UP THE MAAAARRRINNERRS

Town fans please pick up the baton and see how far YOU can take this - GTFC & Scott and Hurst need YOU and your fantastic support!

Grab all your mates, bored to tears in front of the vidiflicker down to BP and let's make it a mad one !
Tell everyone you know who MIGHT WILL be interested too !

SCOTT AND HURSTS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

PS Spare a thought for me too (4+ hours listening + typing !  )
November 9, 2012, 7:43am
Guest User
Fantastic job 80s just wish that some players would so the sort of effort that people like you put in time after time !! you are correct we need to using large home crowds to our advantage and lifting the team to victories, its definalty our chance as supporters to help them aspire to top spot as it is there for anyone this season .......

WE HAVE THE SQUAD WE HAVE THE FANS SO COME ON YOU FAITHFUL FEW LET PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND MAKE BLUNDELL PARK THE PLACE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO COME TO !!!

UTM
Reply: 1 - 45
November 9, 2012, 2:12pm
Guest User
Yes I enjoyed reading that very informative 80s well done.
I'm feeling back in the mood now for Saturday It' a shame the telegraph can't be as detailed, It's good to know there is still a positive vibe coming from the camp which will give fans a lift especially after the tues night debacle.
80s for sport reporter
Reply: 2 - 45
Super Clive
November 9, 2012, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I'd second that grim!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
louth_in_the_south
November 9, 2012, 3:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
You're well known for marathon posts 80s but that's got to be a record . Obviously you don't have a job ! You've earned your job seekers this week !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 3:37pm
Guest User
I'm sure you're right it's a record
Self employed mate (at least for now...)
Reply: 5 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 3:54pm
Guest User
Just had a thought and not sure about this one....
If Woking get possession anyone near our area should we start booing them ?
I don't like doing it if I'm honest but then again if it breaks their will and helps us win I couldn't give a flying toss, bring it on !  
And it's not like we can't clap the away support once we've sent them home with their tails between their legs.
Reply: 6 - 45
Garth
November 9, 2012, 4:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Thanks 80s appreciated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
barralad
November 9, 2012, 4:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
The 21st. Century Winston Churchill!  Good read....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
brad_gtfc
November 9, 2012, 4:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
They can start by turning the intercourse.ing music off before during and after games. Its flipping excrement. Someone on the trust have a word, I nobody enjoys the music, nobody. If you do, your a male private.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
brad_gtfc
November 9, 2012, 4:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Sorry about the language ^^ I dont like it, as you may have gathered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 4:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from brad_gtfc
They can start by turning the intercourse.ing music off before during and after games. Its flipping excrement. Someone on the trust have a word, I nobody enjoys the music, nobody. If you do, your a male private.

Do you mean the music they choose or just any music full stop ?

tbh I don't even notice it !
I think if they got it right (if that's possible with the loudspeakers) it could help but depends what they choose and if you can actually hear it.
Reply: 11 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 4:30pm
Guest User
I'd choose this if possible - always loved this intro. (+ guessing might be speaker friendly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_45YMjnIIk
Reply: 12 - 45
moosey_club
November 9, 2012, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Well the Osmond corner is open to Town fans this week so with the right people in there that may help the atmosphere level.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
November 9, 2012, 5:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Well the Osmond corner is open to Town fans this week so with the right people in there that may help the atmosphere level.

Anyone know if this could be a regular thing? If you get the more noisy fans in there it could make one hell of a racket due to the sound echoing, plus it would create a good banter with away fans stood next to you which could lead on to an atmoshpere. Only problem is that I have a season ticket and not sure they would allow you to exchange it for the osmond.
Reply: 14 - 45
Super Clive
November 9, 2012, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Yes i mean them 8 woking fans would love the banter lol  

Good idea though I's up for it....
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
cmackenzie4
November 9, 2012, 5:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Good effort 80s as usual - good read, i will be at the game tomorrow singing away..

UTM - C, Mon Town

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
November 9, 2012, 5:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Super Clive
Yes i mean them 8 woking fans would love the banter lol  

Good idea though I's up for it....

The atmosphere in the pontoon is dead. Maybe a move for alot of people would create a better atmosphere. It would depend on how many people moved though.
Reply: 17 - 45
Super Clive
November 9, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1739

The atmosphere in the pontoon is dead. Maybe a move for alot of people would create a better atmosphere. It would depend on how many people moved though.

Indeed mate I've been saying it for years...guess it hasn't really court on yet...I think the nearest we've come to that was when the drummer and his clegg nuts moved in the main stand for A Tuesday night game...
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 6:00pm
Guest User
If we could get the Pontoon going AND the Osmond (not forgetting the noisy Upper Smiths brigade on the RHS or those in the main stand) we'd have the best support wherever the ball is.

But should the best or most vocal supporters huddle together in the Osmond first off for most impact ? You tell me...
Reply: 19 - 45
Meza
November 9, 2012, 6:14pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
I tried this once in the upper findus and get a reaction with fellow mariners singing along and then on another game I get told to shut up and sit down we were losing at the time can't remember the game.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 6:19pm
Guest User
Ah well some fans just want to watch the game - can't really blame them too much I suppose.
For me it comes back to the issue of where pockets of vocal support (should) end up - I'm on the left but notice it's often a lot noiser over to the right.
Reply: 21 - 45
Meza
November 9, 2012, 6:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
I think through the years the ponny has always been the loudest of the stands, and maybe the regular findus folk prefer to just watch.  I don't know it's a toughie.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
Gary Haddock
November 9, 2012, 6:45pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
I'll be in the pontoon with a group of young lads, singing and chanting away as usual. Really up for this one too. Come on town!  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
bradzmilne
November 9, 2012, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
I hate to say to but grimsbys finest is right, the pontoon is awful these days. For all of his drumming critics at least gilly (shít drummer) did make a good atmosphere at times but even his stopped going. Now i feel embarrased to sit in the supposedly noisey top left of the pontoon! Filled with to many phone obsessed teens that are more concious of how they look than the final result.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
cmackenzie4
November 9, 2012, 7:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I think the Pontoon as always been the best atmospere although the lower findus you can. Hear some banter too, I usually go in the lower findus but will be up in the upper findus tomorrow to make a change.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
Super Clive
November 9, 2012, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
If we could get the Pontoon going AND the Osmond (not forgetting the noisy Upper Smiths brigade on the RHS or those in the main stand) we'd have the best support wherever the ball is.

But should the best or most vocal supporters huddle together in the Osmond first off for most impact ? You tell me...

I think it would be silly to spread them/us about at first. I think we should aim to get a section together first and then build up the surrounds of bp when the crowd rise as the season goes on which will mean we are still in the hunt. I feel this can be achieved very easily if we stick together and give it a real go. This may sound viciously funny to the old uns but if we make the same noise if not more than dartford did here I would be a very happy man....its a start.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
grimsby pete
November 9, 2012, 7:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I think the Pontoon as always been the best atmospere although the lower findus you can. Hear some banter too, I usually go in the lower findus but will be up in the upper findus tomorrow to make a change.

I will be singing along with you Chris,

Pity about my voice though

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
Gary Haddock
November 9, 2012, 7:15pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne
I hate to say to but grimsbys finest is right, the pontoon is awful these days. For all of his drumming critics at least gilly (shít drummer) did make a good atmosphere at times but even his stopped going. Now i feel embarrased to sit in the supposedly noisey top left of the pontoon! Filled with to many phone obsessed teens that are more concious of how they look than the final result.

Always welcomed to move to the other side of the stairs with me and the other lads I go with, the more loud people grouping together the better, leave those phone obsessed teens to the corner.  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
bradzmilne
November 9, 2012, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Always welcomed to move to the other side of the stairs with me and the other lads I go with, the more loud people grouping together the better, leave those phone obsessed teens to the corner.  

Tell you what Gary, credit given where due. You lads take alot of abuse which isnt really fair, to be honest you there only part of the ground who sings for 90 minutes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 7:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from Super Clive

I think it would be silly to spread them/us about at first. I think we should aim to get a section together first and then build up the surrounds of bp when the crowd rise as the season goes on which will mean we are still in the hunt. I feel this can be achieved very easily if we stick together and give it a real go.

I think you're right, where is the question I suppose.
I might even head for the pontoon myself but it all depends if my old man goes.
If so I'll be clapping madly and joining in where poss but mainly keeping the shouting quiet so I don't perforate his eardrums in the next seat.

Quoted from Super Clive
This may sound viciously funny to the old uns but if we make the same noise if not more than dartford did here I would be a very happy man....its a start.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  
Reply: 30 - 45
Gary Haddock
November 9, 2012, 7:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne

Tell you what Gary, credit given where due. You lads take alot of abuse which isnt really fair, to be honest you there only part of the ground who sings for 90 minutes.

I can take it (just about lol). Use to be more of us, but banning orders and that prevent some from comming, some others just lost interest. Lads who stand with me now, I haven't known very long, couple of years, but they're a good bunch, always up for a laugh. Anyone can join us, we don't care what you look like or sound like, The more, the merrier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
November 9, 2012, 7:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I can take it (just about lol). Use to be more of us, but banning orders and that prevent some from comming, some others just lost interest. Lads who stand with me now, I haven't known very long, couple of years, but they're a good bunch, always up for a laugh. Anyone can join us, we don't care what you look like or sound like, The more, the merrier.

If I were you I would get your lot to sit in the centre of the pontoon and maybe this will encourage more people to join in and maybe the younger fans will join you. If people hear some noisy fans being louder in a different part of a stand then they will soon follow you.
Reply: 32 - 45
Meza
November 9, 2012, 7:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
We should all get together buy tickets in one go in the week, meet up in the imp and all sing like mad

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
Gary Haddock
November 9, 2012, 7:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1739

If I were you I would get your lot to sit in the centre of the pontoon and maybe this will encourage more people to join in and maybe the younger fans will join you. If people hear some noisy fans being louder in a different part of a stand then they will soon follow you.

Yeh agree, I have moved myself a few times and stood with some lads near the middle and they was great lads, they join in with us and we join in with them often (depending on the game) it's just that corner that don't join in (well those teens that sit there anyway).  I have tried to encourage the lads I go with to move to the middle too, but they don't want to move and hang on to the old "noisey corner" fantasy. I'm sure the corner will become noisey again, I mean it's only really been quiet since we have been in this league. After Christmas is out the way and if we are still in the top 5, then I reckon attendances will rise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Gary Haddock
November 9, 2012, 7:49pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Meza
We should all get together buy tickets in one go in the week, meet up in the imp and all sing like mad

Haha I have a season ticket but would happily join ya.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
kevikov
November 9, 2012, 8:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
I'd be happy to go in the osmond tomorrow, my first ever game was in there, twenty odd years ago mind. I'm a season ticketer though, so doubtful they'd let me swap just for one game. It would be good to hear black and white army around all four sides of the ground.
Where ever anyone sits tomorrow, we should all sing" we're the black and white army" for the first tens minutes, getting steadily louder and louder.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Mariners_15
November 9, 2012, 8:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Good read 80's, cheers for that, i sense some have too much time on their hands tho Just kidding pal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
bradzmilne
November 9, 2012, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Meza

Sounds like a great idea!
Somone will have to buy me a pint though!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
Meza
November 9, 2012, 9:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bradzmilne

Sounds like a great idea!
Somone will have to buy me a pint though!  

Haha I'm sure that wont be a problem unless your under 18 then it's a coke lol

I can't make this Saturday mrs is working and I have the kids but this would be awesome and will bring back a lot of good memories for me as well meet up with some of the fellow fishy members for the first time.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 9:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariners_15
Good read 80's, cheers for that, i sense some have too much time on their hands tho Just kidding pal

LOL well I guess you've seen my chicken reference and would be prepared to do it myself if offered the points (err well maybe not...)
I'm knackered actually but I'll be pumped up ready to go tomorrow.
Bags of support behind the team and fingers crossed we could be 3 pts off top spot come 5pm.
Reply: 40 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 11:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from bradzmilne
For all of his drumming critics at least gilly (shít drummer) did make a good atmosphere at times but even his stopped going.

Just noticed this and sure I've seen someone's username named gilly or something recently logged in here.
Gilly if you're out there and it's you mate, please bring you and your drum to BP and I'll pay your entry fee x 2 myself.
PM me if you like.

Reply: 41 - 45
marinerian
November 10, 2012, 12:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
The singers in the Pontoon need to be near the Findus Stand end of the Pontoon, Least it creates a corner of noise and means 2 stands have the potential to join in.

Not everyone likes the drum. I first played the drum v Tranmere in a game we won 3-1, we was 1-0 down , I came out from selling programmes after half time, started banging a few tunes (not very well, never played a drum before the game) but it seemed to work. Town found a good rhythm on the pitch and the fans sang, with each goal the noise level grew a lot, the ground was banging by the 3rd goal

We need a united front with the fans, singing one song at a time. We need to teach the kids some of our old songs but also embrace new chants.

I would love to hear a loud shrill noise of jeerz, boos and whistles when the opposition get the ball, really give their ears some pain!

We need to do what we can to lift the team and also get the 3 points tomorrow....just my opinion of course.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
bradzmilne
November 10, 2012, 10:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Meza

Haha I'm sure that wont be a problem unless your under 18 then it's a coke lol

I can't make this Saturday mrs is working and I have the kids but this would be awesome and will bring back a lot of good memories for me as well meet up with some of the fellow fishy members for the first time.

Damm    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
oldun
November 10, 2012, 10:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
How about if the 300 -400 who regularly go to away games get together for home games and make the same noise they do away, that would be an improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
brad_gtfc
November 10, 2012, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Home game atmospheres are generally poor now, unless its a big game, cant remember the last one.
Away games is were its at.
At BP I tend to like to just sit and take in the game, fair play to anyone who does try getting an atmosphere going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.