Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 90 Guests

Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

This thread currently has 3,519 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 6:11am
Guest User
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HYDE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"didn't play as a back 4 in the 1st half it was so disjointed 2nd half a lot more like us." and "the shape was a lot better"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAINING & GENERAL MOOD    
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"there's quite a bit we're looking at but at the same time we can't get too far away from where we have been"

"We had a chat with them and spoke briefly about the other night but more about moving forward and challenging first up Woking, and then they were still a little bit quiet but as the session wore on they've been excelllent, done what we asked and they look nice and bright..."

"We need to get back to what we're good at, today they've certainly trained at a good tempo and shown that they're ready, ready for Saturday."

"it's the same group of players that we know can perform well and trained well today and we need that to carry forward to Saturday."

BULLET BRIEF

- Fully fit squad to choose from.  
- Hurst keeping his cards close to his chest over team selection but says "there maybe changes"
- "we need to pass the ball more" and "start the game brighter"
- Simon Ford's name has been "recirculated" [for loan] but no calls at present.

PLAYING AT HOME

"Think the fact now we've lost away from home, let's go and get a win at home.
Let's try and put a run together at Blundell Park.
Fans that have followed us away from home have been rewarded with a long run of undefeated games til Tuesday night and their support helps there's no getting away from that!
At home I think you always have the lions share of fans there and sometimes think it's easier to sort of sit and expect because you've maybe not got any stick from the away fans if they only bring 10, 20, 30 whatever it is.
But at the same time we realise we have to give them something to shout about but we want to try and create an atmosphere that opposing teams do find difficult to play in and hard to come against.
And sometimes that can be the start of the game as I've said, maybe if the fans are right up for it players can follow and vice versa.
As I said I'm not by any stretch, it's not the fans fault that we haven't won games it's just trying to create that hostile environment for the opposition and which can hopefully spur our lads on that extra yard as well.
The onus is on us as managers and players to start games bright and get the crowd behind us.
And at home yes, results haven't been great but the last one, certainly Macclesfield, said before we'd win that game most weeks. And think the football the fans saw, the majority were happy with that sort of performance.
So at the end of the game there wasn't any booing or things like that, they was applauded off and they saw that. So if we can get a similar sort of performance I'm sure the result will be different."

ON CHANGING A WINNING TEAM

"The reason we went back with Shaun is he's been us best player this season, certainly right up there !
So we introuduced him and Andy got the winner so that was the reason behind it, it wasn't like we made wholesale changes"  

"No-one can ultimately stand here 100% certain that it would have been any different had we stick with the same side."

ON ANTHONY ELDING

"We just felt he needed to come out. You know I think he;s been in the team, he's struggled for a goal. Not just Anthony in fairness, but just looking at him just felt it was getting on top of him and felt it was better to pull him out of the firing line altogether cos if he'd have been on the bench he'd have still been unhappy at not being in the team and still a little bit down..."

Says he'll be in the squad but "we'll need to decide whether that's enough time 1 game."

WOKING

"carry a threat going forward."

says their manager said "They'll cause problems for anyone in the league"

"We need to put them under pressure and take the game to them so the majority of the game is played in their half of the pitch.
Ultimately it will stop their threat going forward or a lot of it."

"Yes they're a little bit off it [league place] and Dartford are the team that ultimately are highest at the minute our of the promoted sides but maybe come the end of the season Woking might be up there pushing so we need to be at us best !
We keep saying it, maybe that's just re-emphasised from what we've been saying about how we're starting games currently."

MENTAL ISSUES ?...

Matt Dean: Q "Is that a mental thing do you think when you're come up against teams that perhaps don't sound so glamourous, is it a mental thing for your players ?"

Paul Hurst: "That's a question that we've been asking. That we posed to them after the game against Hyde.
But what I would say is, in the build up to the game, training Monday and right up to kick off, we walked down the tunnel across to the dugout and said "They look really up for it and they're ready".
Everything we'd want to hear and the right feeling. I think Rob spoke before one of the games we didn't play well he sensed that.
But the other night on Tuesday everything was right so, maybe it was the fact that the mistake knocked us.
But if that is the case then we can't let THAT affect us, there's still a hell of a long way to go in the game and had it remained at 1-0, again, it may have been a different story. So we look at all of that.
But I think the players just because of the result will be ready and know what's expected of them.
Ultimately how it plays out there's another side that comes to the game, there's a referee who may have a bit of an influence but providing we're doing everything we can in our power to make it difficult for Woking and try to put them on that back foot nice and early then we'll be happy."

OPPOSITION THREAT AND TACTICS

Talks about Wokings options and several different "attacking threats" up front then says...

"So we can prepare and we obviously we do but there's no guarantee about what team they put out.
OR maybe what the way they'll approach the game.
[We've] Talked about their attacking threat and probably the stronger side of their game but they're coming to Blundell Park.
Are they gonna sit back and soak up a bit of pressure and try to hit us on the break ?
Again, we won't know until the game starts but that's why we have to concentrate on what we want to do as a team because we can certainly influence that."

80's RATINGS

Paul Hurst 9/10 - Even if he didn't have every answer, lot of excellent points and a POSITIVE "can do" outlook trying his best to look FORWARD.  
Pleased he spoke about wanting to "create an atmosphere", "hostile environment" and "maybe if the fans are right up for it players can follow and vice versa"  
Slight criticism seemed to be talking up the opposition chances a tiny tiny bit but certainly not without any reason.

Matt Dean 9/10 - On the ball, confident & perfect questions. good job probing about the slow starts... JT would be proud !

AFTER THE MANAGERS WORDS ?  

So ARE WE ALL UP FOR IT ?
Ready to create a "HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT" ?     
Not sure about you, I'm licking my lips gunning for this one, should be a cracker !!!  

Might need patience if they park the bus but we'll take our chances against their so far dodgy backline.

Either way with 100% effort on the pitch, in the crowd and some luck, if we're back near our best it should be back close to top with a FINE WIN ON THE CARDS and the Park rocking once again with a bang.

Welcome to hell ?
Well it's "Welcome to Blundell Park" Woking FC, expect another tough and tiring afternoons work !     

UP THE MAAAARRRINNERRS

Town fans please pick up the baton and see how far YOU can take this - GTFC & Scott and Hurst need YOU and your fantastic support!

Grab all your mates, bored to tears in front of the vidiflicker down to BP and let's make it a mad one !
Tell everyone you know who MIGHT WILL be interested too !

SCOTT AND HURSTS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

PS Spare a thought for me too (4+ hours listening + typing !  )
November 9, 2012, 7:43am
Guest User
Fantastic job 80s just wish that some players would so the sort of effort that people like you put in time after time !! you are correct we need to using large home crowds to our advantage and lifting the team to victories, its definalty our chance as supporters to help them aspire to top spot as it is there for anyone this season .......

WE HAVE THE SQUAD WE HAVE THE FANS SO COME ON YOU FAITHFUL FEW LET PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND MAKE BLUNDELL PARK THE PLACE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO COME TO !!!

UTM
Reply: 1 - 45
November 9, 2012, 2:12pm
Guest User
Yes I enjoyed reading that very informative 80s well done.
I'm feeling back in the mood now for Saturday It' a shame the telegraph can't be as detailed, It's good to know there is still a positive vibe coming from the camp which will give fans a lift especially after the tues night debacle.
80s for sport reporter
Reply: 2 - 45
Super Clive
November 9, 2012, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I'd second that grim!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
louth_in_the_south
November 9, 2012, 3:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
You're well known for marathon posts 80s but that's got to be a record . Obviously you don't have a job ! You've earned your job seekers this week !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 3:37pm
Guest User
I'm sure you're right it's a record
Self employed mate (at least for now...)
Reply: 5 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 3:54pm
Guest User
Just had a thought and not sure about this one....
If Woking get possession anyone near our area should we start booing them ?
I don't like doing it if I'm honest but then again if it breaks their will and helps us win I couldn't give a flying toss, bring it on !  
And it's not like we can't clap the away support once we've sent them home with their tails between their legs.
Reply: 6 - 45
Garth
November 9, 2012, 4:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Thanks 80s appreciated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
barralad
November 9, 2012, 4:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
The 21st. Century Winston Churchill!  Good read....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
brad_gtfc
November 9, 2012, 4:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
They can start by turning the intercourse.ing music off before during and after games. Its flipping excrement. Someone on the trust have a word, I nobody enjoys the music, nobody. If you do, your a male private.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.