Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 46 Guests

Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

This thread currently has 3,549 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 9:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariners_15
Good read 80's, cheers for that, i sense some have too much time on their hands tho Just kidding pal

LOL well I guess you've seen my chicken reference and would be prepared to do it myself if offered the points (err well maybe not...)
I'm knackered actually but I'll be pumped up ready to go tomorrow.
Bags of support behind the team and fingers crossed we could be 3 pts off top spot come 5pm.
Reply: 40 - 45
80sglory
November 9, 2012, 11:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from bradzmilne
For all of his drumming critics at least gilly (shít drummer) did make a good atmosphere at times but even his stopped going.

Just noticed this and sure I've seen someone's username named gilly or something recently logged in here.
Gilly if you're out there and it's you mate, please bring you and your drum to BP and I'll pay your entry fee x 2 myself.
PM me if you like.

Reply: 41 - 45
marinerian
November 10, 2012, 12:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
The singers in the Pontoon need to be near the Findus Stand end of the Pontoon, Least it creates a corner of noise and means 2 stands have the potential to join in.

Not everyone likes the drum. I first played the drum v Tranmere in a game we won 3-1, we was 1-0 down , I came out from selling programmes after half time, started banging a few tunes (not very well, never played a drum before the game) but it seemed to work. Town found a good rhythm on the pitch and the fans sang, with each goal the noise level grew a lot, the ground was banging by the 3rd goal

We need a united front with the fans, singing one song at a time. We need to teach the kids some of our old songs but also embrace new chants.

I would love to hear a loud shrill noise of jeerz, boos and whistles when the opposition get the ball, really give their ears some pain!

We need to do what we can to lift the team and also get the 3 points tomorrow....just my opinion of course.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
bradzmilne
November 10, 2012, 10:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,437
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Meza

Haha I'm sure that wont be a problem unless your under 18 then it's a coke lol

I can't make this Saturday mrs is working and I have the kids but this would be awesome and will bring back a lot of good memories for me as well meet up with some of the fellow fishy members for the first time.

Damm    

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
oldun
November 10, 2012, 10:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
How about if the 300 -400 who regularly go to away games get together for home games and make the same noise they do away, that would be an improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
brad_gtfc
November 10, 2012, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Home game atmospheres are generally poor now, unless its a big game, cant remember the last one.
Away games is were its at.
At BP I tend to like to just sit and take in the game, fair play to anyone who does try getting an atmosphere going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on MP - call to fans ?!?! (scroll down!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.