Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another striker ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 72 Guests

Another striker ?

This thread currently has 3,669 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
barrovianbedlam
November 7, 2012, 8:56am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from BIGChris

Bishop Auckland to Barrow = 96 miles
Bishop Auckland to Grimsby = 130+miles

Cooky lived in manchester when he was with barrow trained in salford full time and travelled to barrow for home matches, non of our players live in barrow,

i put on this forum when you signed him that cooky is a confidence player and needs things to go his way or he sulks. just hope he turns things round as hes an alright lad (bit thick though)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
Tommy
November 7, 2012, 1:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Yeah we probably do need another striker to seriously challenge for the title.

I wonder if the managers are considering bringing in an imposing, commanding central midfielder at some point, seeing as we seem incapable of dominating games?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
Gary Haddock
November 7, 2012, 2:15pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Have to be honest and say yes we do need new striker or strikers. As it would seem none of the ones we have (apart from Hannah) can score goals. And we need more goals to win games.

Elding isn't doing very well really, think he needs to get his head together and stop moaning (though I haven't heard anyone mention any of his moaning recently).
Cook can be a good inpact player from of the bench, but doesn't seem to be consistant enough to start, IMO.
Southwell is young and inexperience, I would put him out on loan to get him some experience.
G.Pearson, don't have an opinion on him yet as he hasn't really played many games and not long been back from injury so needs time to adjust I guess.
Hearn, well he's injured lol.

It would be interesting to bring Saores back and see what impact he can give. I just hope they can put a run together and prove me wrong.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
MrFisherman
November 7, 2012, 3:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Quoted from barrovianbedlam

Cooky lived in manchester when he was with barrow trained in salford full time and travelled to barrow for home matches, non of our players live in barrow,

i put on this forum when you signed him that cooky is a confidence player and needs things to go his way or he sulks. just hope he turns things round as hes an alright lad (bit thick though)

Cooky shares a house in Waltham near the training ground with Greg Pearson and Aswad Thomas now!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
grimsby pete
November 7, 2012, 3:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Tommy
Yeah we probably do need another striker to seriously challenge for the title.

I wonder if the managers are considering bringing in an imposing, commanding central midfielder at some point, seeing as we seem incapable of dominating games?

Why don't S + H try Pond in that midfield role and play Miller at the back,

We have said this often enough on here,

Sometimes I think S + H  do just as they like and ignore us on the Fishy.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
aaron rattray
November 7, 2012, 3:50pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from barrovianbedlam

Why is big Andy cook thick?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
grimsby pete
November 7, 2012, 3:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from aaron rattray

Why is big Andy cook thick?

Because he is not very bright ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
80sglory
November 7, 2012, 3:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Personally I'm pretty sick of Elding and Cook wasting chances or failing to impose themselves on games

Fair enough but tbf you along with the majority who spoke or voted wanted Cook in !
Like I said before it's not a question of blame for getting anything "wrong" but how many Elding detractors are now willing to consider whether he should have started last night ?
Not many I bet !  

Who knows perhaps it's partly my fault for sticking the polls up to start with or perhaps more likely, there's something bigger going on behind the scenes with Elding.
I just hope the managers are doing their own thing and making their own decisions and not being swayed by public opinion or fans itching to have a go.

Dear Rob & Paul - YOU'RE the experts so I say sod what everyone else thinks and keep making your own decisions.
If fans don't like it then tough, even if we we're top there'll always be some determined to complain.
Reply: 17 - 37
80sglory
November 7, 2012, 4:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

See where you're coming from and have mentioned Pond in midfield myself.

I just wonder if there's a difference between imposing youself on the game to beak up play and having the skills to dominate by passing and keeping the ball.

Obviously having both would be great and perhaps it's completely do-able but guess it won't be easy.
Guess Niven and Thanoj are two different ends of the spectrum and Disley is somewhere in the middle.

Whether we can control games or not, just wonder if Thanoj could be key to a successful midfield and successful campaign.
So gonna be bold here, think one idea might be to drop Disley and play Niven as ballwinner and Thanoj as playmaker. (at least on Saturday)
Reply: 18 - 37
hazdy
November 7, 2012, 4:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from 1600

See where you're coming from and have mentioned Pond in midfield myself.

I just wonder if there's a difference between imposing youself on the game to beak up play and having the skills to dominate by passing and keeping the ball.

Obviously having both would be great and perhaps it's completely do-able but guess it won't be easy.
Guess Niven and Thanoj are two different ends of the spectrum and Disley is somewhere in the middle.

Whether we can control games or not, just wonder if Thanoj could be key to a successful midfield and successful campaign.
So gonna be bold here, think one idea might be to drop Disley and play Niven as ballwinner and Thanoj as playmaker. (at least on Saturday)

I'm not sure our problems lie too much in midfield. Yes, we're not great, but when the ball is simply bouncing back from our forwards without much atacking presence, our midfield will always come under pressure.

I think we're going to have to do the best we can with limited resources this year, pray for an early return by Hearn and hope he can immediately recapture his old form (very unlikely).
Elding wants away and I really can't see a way back for him as a starting player now. Problem is, I doubt Preston will still want him in his current form and he may end up drawing a wage for playing in the reserves/ being paid off.
Cook and Pearson simply haven't worked out, although there may yet be some small hope that Pearson can find fitness and do a decent job besides Hannah.
With Cook and Elding on the books post January, I can't see how we'll be singing anything other than another loanee at best.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another striker ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.