7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
November 4, 2012, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from cod.gtfc
CCTV wouldn't pick up what they said so unless they were doing inappropiate jestures, unfortunately there would be no proof.

Are you for real? Do you think CCTV cameras in banks and shops have microphones?

CCTV would, as CCTV often does, assist in identifying them. Witness statements would corroborate what was said and witnesses could further confirm identification.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
cod.gtfc
November 4, 2012, 10:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from kingofthekippers

Are you for real? Do you think CCTV cameras in banks and shops have microphones?

CCTV would, as CCTV often does, assist in identifying them. Witness statements would corroborate what was said and witnesses could further confirm identification.

are you for real? do you think people shoplift by talking to someone?

do you think someone saying they said "blah blah" would stand up as credible evidence?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
Marinerz93
November 5, 2012, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cod.gtfc

are you for real? do you think people shoplift by talking to someone?

do you think someone saying they said "blah blah" would stand up as credible evidence?

I don't think blah blah would but Elding got busted because of someone's complaint  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
the ace face
November 5, 2012, 9:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Quoted from aaron rattray
I didn't say anything and i didn't report them because they was standing up and i didn't know where graham was but he wasn't in the vicinity, and what was i supposed to say? "These lads are abusing this fellow fan but i don't know where this fellow fan is" i did see a man  talking to them but idont know if he was asking them to desist or what

we are about to  remember thousands of young lads about your age whom gave thier lives for what was a battle against evil and bullying,yet you are to cowardly to say anything to a few window-licking chavs picking on a disabled guy who is a life long town fan? either man up and get some balls or don't come on here bleating about things you are not prepared to do owt about. i don't care if they turned  on me,i wouldn't have been able to stand there and do nothing,im glad i wasn't in the trenches with people like you during the wars.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
flash1
November 5, 2012, 10:03am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from the ace face

we are about to  remember thousands of young lads about your age whom gave thier lives for what was a battle against evil and bullying,yet you are to cowardly to say anything to a few window-licking chavs picking on a disabled guy who is a life long town fan? either man up and get some balls or don't come on here bleating about things you are not prepared to do owt about. i don't care if they turned  on me,i wouldn't have been able to stand there and do nothing,im glad i wasn't in the trenches with people like you during the wars.

tbf,most of us would have done something!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
arryarryarry
November 5, 2012, 10:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from kingofthekippers

On the contrary this is what is known as a disability hate crime and can be reported to the police. Graham doesn't have to report it, he doesn't have to be aware of the incident itself (and maybe even wasn't) but aaron can report it, or indeed anyone else who witnessed it can. It is a disability hate crime if anyone who witnessed it believed the abuse was because of a disability.

Now I'm not saying the police will throw the entire force at it but they must act upon a complaint. Perhaps CCTV was nearby that could identify the alleged perpetrators; the club may become involved if they have cameras within the vicinity.

These people must not think they can behave like this and can get away with it. If Graham was black and had been abused because of his colour the police, the club involved and the media would have rightly sprung into action. Abuse of the disabled though is still considered as one of those things that happen in life to paraphrase the quoted poster.

Whilst the b@stards who did this deserve a good kicking, do you really think plod would be that bothered.

Try telling that to the mother & disabled daughter who poured petrol over themselves and burnt themselves to death because they couldn't take the harrassment any more despite telling plod countless times.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
aaron rattray
November 5, 2012, 11:16am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Like ive said before i would only put jeopardy to my own safety if one of my mates was the victim, what's wrong with that?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
cod.gtfc
November 5, 2012, 12:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Marinerz93

I don't think blah blah would but Elding got busted because of someone's complaint  

Eldings was because of an action not because of something he said though wasn't it? said action could have been on CCTV

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
jock dock tower
November 5, 2012, 12:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's called having a conscience Aaron. If you didn't want to physically intervene, which may have been understandable, you might have reported it?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
Tommy
November 5, 2012, 12:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Eldings was because of an action not because of something he said though wasn't it? said action could have been on CCTV

He also only got done for that because the complaint and witness statement was from an off-duty police officer in the Lincoln end, which stands for more than a statement from joe public

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › abuse- it isn't necessary

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.