Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4 games in...........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 104 Guests

4 games in...........

This thread currently has 3,010 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
August 26, 2012, 11:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from kevikov

At our level though, are there many managers able to switch tactics to such an extent? Our two have their vision/plan to lower league football and its got them this far so no great pressure to think they've been mistaken thus far. I think its more of a man management/ coaching issue. Possibly coaching and managing professional players day in day out is a different animal to part time players. I think part time players at the highest part time level are desperate to go pro, have to work fulltime jobs or in education so are willing to bust a gut to prove themselves. On the other hand, at the lowest level for pros, do they struggle to bother as they languish either on the way down or stuck at clubs they wish they weren't etc, with no way out.

Obviously i do realise that all players, like everyone, are different. Think that's what makes spotting a gem so difficult.

I think you make some fair and valid points there, but to suggest that what S & H have achieved so far at a LOWER level somehow validates the way we play now, is mistaken IMO.
Totally agree with  you though about man management at GTFC , lets be honest, it is lamentable, the body language of some ( a few of which have only just arrived) tells anyone with a brain that there is something wrong with the management/player relationship and that relationship is the most vital at any club,  we have as good a squad as any in this league, but many d'ont understand/or want to understand what the managers want (neither would i if i am being honest) and until this is adressed we are going NOWHERE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4 games in...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.