Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4 games in...........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 139 Guests

4 games in...........

This thread currently has 3,008 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 26, 2012, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,003
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from RoboCod
Still unsure about the whole Pond at CB/Midfield thing and where he would be prepared to play but maybe the management should ask him to try out the midfield berth for the remainder of his loan spell and get Miller back in. Pond's done well but the quicker we get a constant and settled side the better. If Miller can slot back in and play to his usual standard then we have no need for Pond, unless he's in the middle.

This is the reason why I hope we are pursuing any possibility of signing Pond permanenelty or on an extended loan. He looks versatile and has been the best performer along with Pearson so far.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Rick12
August 26, 2012, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Great point tonight am sure we'd of all took a point before the game

Its all about money nowadays and i;m living in dreamland but players the likes of connor townsend, jamie devitt
decent post

I agree with you the likes of Devitt are quality players and would make a difference  but would they be prepared to play bsp if other clubs higher up the leagues are interested in getting them on loan.One of the probs in playing at a lower level  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Vance Warner
August 26, 2012, 11:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Tommy
I don't think you can really accuse any of the current team of a lack of effort.

When you're not winning its easy(lazy, almost) to just question the effort because you want to believe we wouldve won if they'd tried harder. I don't think that's the case at all though.

If we'd been carrying players not putting enough effort in or not caring, we wouldn't have just kept 2 clean sheets.

The issues at the moment imo are belief, confidence and composure on the ball, and creativity in the final third.

Agree with this to an extent. The midfield yesterday worked hard and covered a lot of ground but the movement from the front two was terrible. The tactic of hoofing it to Elding doesn't work as he's not good enough in the air. It wasn't until Cook came on that we won anything in the air. I'd like to see Thanoj and Niven in CM and Cook and Pearson up front. Not sure the mangers have got the guts to drop Disley and Elding but don't think they're good enough and doubt they can play two games in 3 days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 26, 2012, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from 727[b
]9 points off the top already ,if we pushed on now that would take 3 months to make up and I cant see us pushing on to with this squad [/b]

Yes,we are still in August & already it's looking like the play -offs at best.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Rick12
August 26, 2012, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

The work rate from some players (midfield) isn't 100% as pointed out when you lose the ball you either get it back or cover ground to block off other options, these are the basics of the game.

Belief - I believe that if you want something and in a position to make it possible you'll make it happen, not wait for something to do it for you.  

Confidence - If you don't believe in yourself no one else will, determination is the key here, you know what you are capable of so do it, it's confidence
agree completely particularly with the above points

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
cod.gtfc
August 26, 2012, 12:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1

Yes,we are still in August & already it's looking like the play -offs at best.

It was looking like the play-offs at best before the season started so nothing has changed now.

The lowest points total of the conference champions after 4 games in the last 10 years is 6, with the average being 7 and the most being 10
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
petethemariner
August 26, 2012, 1:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I have seen nothing so far to suggest we will be anywhere near the play offs, naturally i hope i'm wrong
but there is no mystery to some of the established teams in this league by playing hoofball against them, they have seen all that before and most know exactly how to deal with it.
The managers need to look at their tactics or the play-offs will be a pipe-dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
kevikov
August 26, 2012, 4:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from petethemariner
I have seen nothing so far to suggest we will be anywhere near the play offs, naturally i hope i'm wrong
but there is no mystery to some of the established teams in this league by playing hoofball against them, they have seen all that before and most know exactly how to deal with it.
The managers need to look at their tactics or the play-offs will be a pipe-dream.

At our level though, are there many managers able to switch tactics to such an extent? Our two have their vision/plan to lower league football and its got them this far so no great pressure to think they've been mistaken thus far. I think its more of a man management/ coaching issue. Possibly coaching and managing professional players day in day out is a different animal to part time players. I think part time players at the highest part time level are desperate to go pro, have to work fulltime jobs or in education so are willing to bust a gut to prove themselves. On the other hand, at the lowest level for pros, do they struggle to bother as they languish either on the way down or stuck at clubs they wish they weren't etc, with no way out.

Obviously i do realise that all players, like everyone, are different. Think that's what makes spotting a gem so difficult.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Claudius Tiberius Smith
August 26, 2012, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from cod.gtfc

It was looking like the play-offs at best before the season started so nothing has changed now.

[b]The lowest points total of the conference champions after 4 games in the last 10 years is 6, with the average being 7 and the most being 10[/b]

Bol~~cks! it's even worse than I thought then! Interesting stat though! Very well done!

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
BlackBoots
August 26, 2012, 11:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
On the positive side we have looked solid enough and despite claims by some, could easily have had 8 points on the board without playing much differently. Asolid defence is the ONLY fooundation to build a team

We can play far far better than shown so far and i expect us to be in the shake up at the end of the season.

Yes, we seem to be lacking in an attacking sense and the style of play is , at best, mixed.

I appreciate some have already made their minds up that the season is over, the managers need to be sacked and some of the players should be given free transfers, but I reckon 10-12 games in there will be a little more optimism around as we move up the table.

Surely on an August Bank Holiday we can get more than 3000 home fans in BP for the (re) start of the season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4 games in...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.