Perkins
August 18, 2012, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
The new signings are a definate improvement on last year! flipping awful :/ the cook from pre season has vanished and looks like a worse duffy, hatton and thomas were completely woeful today! Their distribution was dreadful, cb were okay, thought pearson + southwell were an improvement on elding + cook and joe colbeck infuriated me with his disgusting efforts in the final 5 especially the 2nd when he had 3 flipping men open in the middle! We have to get this sorted now because we are the same side as last season and are playing catch up. The managers + players have a lot of work to do and do it quickly otherwise the fans, season + managers are gonna go. Onwards and upwards

??????

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
Maringer
August 18, 2012, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
I'm surprised people are giving Thanoj such high ratings. He lost possession half the time he got the ball in the first half and was completely overwhelmed by their midfield for most of the game. I suppose he managed one or two competent passes in the second half as they tired but that was never a 6/10 performance. Disley was pretty much invisible as well. Possibly one of the most comically inept performances I've ever seen from Soares who was unable to win the ball, unable to control the ball and unable to pass the ball. Beyond awful. For Soares, also read Cook and Elding who were dominated by their defence, didn't win headers, didn't hold the ball and didn't link up play. To say Cook has been a disappointment so far is an understatement. Slow, lethargic, unable to jump and easily pushed around by the opposition defence.

We were slightly better following the subs in the second half but not by a great deal and I really can't see our forward line (without Hearn) scoring anything like enough goals this season.

I suppose the only upside is that we kept a clean sheet but this is relatively easy when the opposition doesn't have a shot on target all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
gobby
August 18, 2012, 6:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Oh Dear Oh Dear! That is all
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
ginnywings
August 18, 2012, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
I'm surprised people are giving Thanoj such high ratings. He lost possession half the time he got the ball in the first half and was completely overwhelmed by their midfield for most of the game. I suppose he managed one or two competent passes in the second half as they tired but that was never a 6/10 performance. Disley was pretty much invisible as well. Possibly one of the most comically inept performances I've ever seen from Soares who was unable to win the ball, unable to control the ball and unable to pass the ball. Beyond awful. For Soares, also read Cook and Elding who were dominated by their defence, didn't win headers, didn't hold the ball and didn't link up play. To say Cook has been a disappointment so far is an understatement. Slow, lethargic, unable to jump and easily pushed around by the opposition defence.

We were slightly better following the subs in the second half but not by a great deal and I really can't see our forward line (without Hearn) scoring anything like enough goals this season.

I suppose the only upside is that we kept a clean sheet but this is relatively easy when the opposition doesn't have a shot on target all game.

I thought that at least Thanoj tried to get the ball down and play, which is why i picked him out. The rest of the midfield should be protecting a player like Thanoj so he can do his thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
hook line and sinker
August 18, 2012, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON THE MATCH, ONE WORD SUMS US UP TODAY excrement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
Hagrid
August 18, 2012, 6:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
[center][/center]
Quoted from Perkins

??????

Was supposed to be sarcasm, didn't explain myself very well sorry mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
Perkins
Fine Wine Drinker
NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON THE MATCH, ONE WORD SUMS US UP TODAY excrement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfectly stated.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
sparkles
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
The airshow just after half time was good though............................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
Pelham
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -34
No options left. Buckley till January while we look for a replacement with competence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
Perkins
August 18, 2012, 6:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
[center][/center]

Was supposed to be sarcasm, didn't explain myself very well sorry mate

Apologies mate, my fault not yours.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.