ginnywings
August 18, 2012, 5:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from aaron rattray
Who scored the disallowed goal? Any player ratings?

Pond again i think and the players were too shocking for ratings, though i'd give Thanoj a 6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 94
Alfie
August 18, 2012, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Super Clive
Absolutely disgusting vile performances all 3 have been. We look dire absolutely shocking. Crap hoofball no tactics and no leaders. Thomas was awful and Hatton well all of the kunts bar a few.

The managers well what the fuk do they do? My blame is with them 100%. I feel ashamed to be a town fan awful. Why do we hoof it every time in the channels? The managers is my answer..been to all 3 same old tactic so predictable. We are just making up the numbers nothing more nothing less a disgrace. Let's me done going now until I see a vast improvement think I'll stick to humberside. I've wasted a good 150 quid in these first games.

We are simply not good enough again! But the most frustrating thing is when we actually get the ball on the deck well look dangerous....its just pathetic from the managers and team alike.

Very upset this evening.

Agree. Don't think these are the worst group we've had by a long way. We're just going to be way short again. And it flipping stinks.

Sounds pathetic but i'd stick Buckley in until January to get us playing the proper way leaving us in capable hands to take our time to find us a proper MANAGER who'll get us up next season.

Said all summer I was skeptical about our business and I don't see how we've improved anywhere. The buck stops with these two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 94
Jarmo.Is.God
August 18, 2012, 5:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from aaron rattray
Who scored the disallowed goal? Any player ratings?

Sean Pearson 6
Nathan Pond 5

Thanoj 6

the rest 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 94
grimps
August 18, 2012, 5:37pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
I expect all the positve types on here are still there appluding them off the pitch  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 94
BlackBoots
August 18, 2012, 5:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
I don't think the players are THAT bad it is just that they seen to have no direction.

With new players it is vital that hour after hour is spend on team shape, a structure.

Absolutely no evidence that this is the case and i suspect the only instruction is for the full backs to hit the channels.

Defensively we look untroubled but at the other end we lack any kind of spark, creativity or movememt.

2 weeks to sort it out- if not then I would be asking JF  to make a managerial change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 94
biggles9999
August 18, 2012, 5:38pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Though Colbeck should have had a penalty, but then at the end when he's wide why on earth is he trying to smash that volley high towards goal? Keep it low and across the box surely.

Thomas and Hatton looked terrible, Pond not much better for me.

Soares was anonymous, Artus made the left side look a little better.

But most of the all the frustrating thing is that I dont blame the players as such, I think its the way they are being asked to play the game. It seems blindingly obvious to me at least, that we are being asked to pump the ball long and win the second ball.

I actually felt sorry for all 4 strikers as not one of them had a decent ball all game.

May as well have taken the first 11 people into the ticket office and asked them if they wanted a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 94
Perkins
August 18, 2012, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Absolutely appaling, devoid of any ideas, game plan, or commitment. The players we have brought in are in my opinion worse than the ones we let go at the end of last season. Even Serge was worth having for his comedy value. With the exception of perhaps Thanoj who tried at times to keep the ball on the ground, the rest were a pile of disgraceful sh*te. Its no good people saying the new players need time to "bed in" we cant afford that in this league where any team with any intent of going up need to come out of the blocks fast at the start of the season. Coming good in november is no use at all.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabage!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 94
Hagrid
August 18, 2012, 5:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
The new signings are a definate improvement on last year! flipping awful :/ the cook from pre season has vanished and looks like a worse duffy, hatton and thomas were completely woeful today! Their distribution was dreadful, cb were okay, thought pearson + southwell were an improvement on elding + cook and joe colbeck infuriated me with his disgusting efforts in the final 5 especially the 2nd when he had 3 flipping men open in the middle! We have to get this sorted now because we are the same side as last season and are playing catch up. The managers + players have a lot of work to do and do it quickly otherwise the fans, season + managers are gonna go. Onwards and upwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 94
NewtoN
August 18, 2012, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
clueless  

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 94
sutton mariner
August 18, 2012, 5:41pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Sean Pearson 6
Nathan Pond 5

Thanoj 6

the rest 2

This.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.