This thread currently has 4,970 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
alan1234
August 6, 2012, 7:28pm
GTFC
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
This is my own honest opinion guys so would love to no what everybody else thinks about this...

How come we are slating this guy? Last season he was one of the players who I thought drove this team forward. He provided some quality goals and assists. I think the partnership with Liam and Elding was second to none and was rated "best partnership in the league" by some mangers and other football conference fans.. I fully understand that we have brought 2 new strikers in and we have signed Dayle Southwell from the youth team but these guys are not proven in a black and white shirt. In matter of fact Elding is. I really cannot see how this guy is 4th maybe 5th in some peoples peckin order. I would put him in my team every Saturday week in week out...

Scott&Hurst black&white army!!! UTM!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Borbs
August 6, 2012, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Well said cannot fault his ability and commitment since his arrival and IMHO has been instrumental in Hearn's progression.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 65
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 6, 2012, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Sorry but I disagree, I have seen him in all the Pre season games he has played and he has looked poor, In the last game at Stalybridge he managed to run the ball out of touch twice in the first half without being challenged, His finishing in pre season has been woeful at best, Sorry but if we are to get promotion this season we need strikers who can convert more chances than they miss.
He will be 4th striker in my opinion or even farmed out to another club.
On another note though Cook looks the Dogs up front.

Onwards and Upwards
UTM

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 65
aaron rattray
August 6, 2012, 7:38pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
With elding he scores the harder chances but misses the easy chances

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 65
MarinerLM
August 6, 2012, 7:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I agree, I think he is a good player and is much better than is made out. got great passion aswell!

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 65
Total Football
August 6, 2012, 7:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Sorry but I disagree, I have seen him in all the Pre season games he has played and he has looked poor, In the last game at Stalybridge he managed to run the ball out of touch twice in the first half without being challenged, His finishing in pre season has been woeful at best, Sorry but if we are to get promotion this season we need strikers who can convert more chances than they miss.
He will be 4th striker in my opinion or even farmed out to another club.
On another note though Cook looks the Dogs up front.

Onwards and Upwards
UTM

I have to disagree with you there thought he and cook looked good together..elding goal ratio for town ain't bad 16 in 35 starts. The thing we fans especially on here they always seem to remember the missed chance etc.. But never remover the good stuff like if you was at staylibridge you would have seen the doggy work he did.. Ie Thomas went on a run lost the ball and yes JOGGED back elding was near the keeper but legged it into a defensive position and covered in at left back until the ball was safe..but then you prob didn't go and wouldn't have seen that..before this lad entered the place he was hammered by most. To come and proved a strike partnership with Hearn and score the goals they did think its unfair to keep getting on his back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 65
alan1234
August 6, 2012, 7:47pm
GTFC
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I just don't understand how some people are writing this guy off with 2 strikers who are not proven.. Elding and Hearn for me is the way forward. If Hearns not fit I would say Elding and cook as at stalybridge this was a good partnership first half. Linked up well and understood eachother...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 65
Paris Mariner
August 6, 2012, 7:50pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Total Football

I have to disagree with you there thought he and cook looked good together..elding goal ratio for town ain't bad 16 in 35 starts. The thing we fans especially on here they always seem to remember the missed chance etc.. But never remover the good stuff like if you was at staylibridge you would have seen the doggy work he did.. Ie Thomas went on a run lost the ball and yes JOGGED back elding was near the keeper but legged it into a defensive position and covered in at left back until the ball was safe..but then you prob didn't go and wouldn't have seen that..before this lad entered the place he was hammered by most. To come and proved a strike partnership with Hearn and score the goals they did think its unfair to keep getting on his back..

This was definitely one of the reasons why he was picked over Duffy last season, even when Duffy was scoring. It's one of the reasons I think he is an invaluable member of our strike force especially when you consider he was well into double figures for goals last season. Top player.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 65
AdamHaddock
August 6, 2012, 7:51pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,875
Gold Stars: 26
I like Elds but there were times last season when he even struggled to keep that turd Duffy out of the team. I think the signing of Cook tells you all you need to know about S&H's faith in Elding. I don't see him being allowed to leave any time soon because he has a contribution to make but he will have to work his way back in. The starting spot alongside Hearn is Cook's to lose.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 65
slide to unlock
August 6, 2012, 7:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Quoted from alan1234
I just don't understand how some people are writing this guy off with 2 strikers who are not proven.. Elding and Hearn for me is the way forward. If Hearns not fit I would say Elding and cook as at stalybridge this was a good partnership first half. Linked up well and understood eachother...

I have to agree with you Alan. The lad always shows a desire to play for town yet can't understand some fans. Seem to dislike honest hard working players.. Especially when some thought he would be a journeyman just picking up wonga. Not to mention the ones we have had here doing that and could give a Fook about the club badge.. In elding I think what you see is what you get. Always worth 15 plus goals a season, do why write him off before the season yet again..some folk hey.. But always hard to please everyone tho..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 65
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.