7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
August 6, 2012, 10:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Elding is a Mike Hickman type of player who gives his all and collects a fair share of goals for his efforts, he is a player who cannot be left alone around the opposition`s goal and draws defenders to him allowing room for other strikers. I have seen all pre  season games and I am pleased with the new signings but they have yet to play with Hearn so lets wait before being too critical of Elds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
chaos33
August 6, 2012, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Can someone point me in the direction of the Elding 'slatings'? I haven't seen anyone 'slating' him or even criticising him unfairly. I think this is a bit of a non story. Why do people have to deal in such extreme reactions? Elding is obviously a good player and a valuable one, although he does have some obvious limitations - conversion of chances/finishing being the principal shortcoming. Can't we just take him for what he is and have a bit of faith. He's good enough to be in our squad and will surely play a part. We all appreciate his commitment, effort and passion (just like we do with Bradley Wood!) so where's the problem? Elding now faces competition from much better players than last season - we have 4 (maybe even 5) good strikers, so his standards will have to be high, or he's out the team. Much the same as every other player - just how you want it. I'm right behind Elding for this season.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
marinerdean
August 6, 2012, 11:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
I would rather have Elding in the team than Pearson. I've been very disappointed with Pearson this pre season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
tashee69
August 6, 2012, 11:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
I think some people just look for the bad points or faults certain players make. Yes, Elding did make that bad pass against York.....BUT did he allow the defender to run all that way, without being closed down.....NO but let's blame Elding anyway. No doubt if it had been Barnes or Arthur in goal then Elding would have got away with it because then the keeper should have done better.  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
tashee69
August 6, 2012, 11:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91

Not really something that makes any difference on the pitch though. Especially when you consider that three quarters of those goals were more than four years ago. His scoring record since 2008 is not great: 34 goals in 152 appearances.

But how many of those were sub appearances  
Stats can be twisted to fit the required needs.  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
Rick12
August 6, 2012, 11:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from chaos33
Can someone point me in the direction of the Elding 'slatings'? I haven't seen anyone 'slating' him or even criticising him unfairly. I think this is a bit of a non story. Why do people have to deal in such extreme reactions? Elding is obviously a good player and a valuable one, although he does have some obvious limitations - conversion of chances/finishing being the principal shortcoming. Can't we just take him for what he is and have a bit of faith. He's good enough to be in our squad and will surely play a part. We all appreciate his commitment, effort and passion (just like we do with Bradley Wood!) so where's the problem? Elding now faces competition from much better players than last season - we have 4 (maybe even 5) good strikers, so his standards will have to be high, or he's out the team. Much the same as every other player - just how you want it. I'm right behind Elding for this season.
good post

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
mariner91
August 6, 2012, 11:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,934
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from tashee69

But how many of those were sub appearances  
Stats can be twisted to fit the required needs.  

Very true and something I don't know the answer to.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
TAGG
August 7, 2012, 2:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from alan1234
I just don't understand how some people are writing this guy off with 2 strikers who are not proven.. Elding and Hearn for me is the way forward. If Hearns not fit I would say Elding and cook as at stalybridge this was a good partnership first half. Linked up well and understood eachother...

Same as the Wood situation. A lot on here have written him off because we have signed two full backs so they will start every game and he will be a squad player.
Think it may be a fad thing with some them, because they are new they are the dogs bol1ocks.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
TheCurlyMariner12
August 7, 2012, 3:28am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
3. imo opinion he doesn't link up with hearn at all,even though they played uptop together they play as 2 individuals
4.decision making isnt the best e.g giving the ball away cross field against york at home in the last seconds resulting in a away goal and win5. for his size he isnt all that strong on the ball
6. challenges for headers and always comes off second best

Are you crazy? You seriously cant blame Elding for that goal? yes he lost the ball, but Yorks LEFT BACK ran the length of the pitch and scored? where was the other 9 outfields players? it was poor defending, and players just stepped off too much? People give Elding so much excrement, but i honestly think hes a big part to play this season, ok i will be the first to admit he isnt the most talented striker we have, but IMO his team play, desire, and motivation are second to none, he insnt the fastest player but never stops running, people dont notice the doggy work he does. Another thing i dont understand is when people say about him not winning enough in the air, or not being strong enough or whatever? Elding is not an out and out target man like duffy was, Elding has always played off the striker in his career the role that Hearn now plays, so its his first season being converted to a target man, he isnt the best in the air, but i think his link up play with midfield and his range of passing to bring  people into play is fairly good. I just think he get alot of unfair stick.

UTM !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 8:46am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Elding does the donkey work but gets no credit, yes he gave the ball away but if hearn gave it away nobody would be talking about it , yes he gave it away but why didn't the other 9 stick the foot in? Can't all blame elding

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.