Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

This thread currently has 14,710 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
August 3, 2012, 10:22am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from aaron rattray

How is it? Anybody can get crushed, even at wembley

Because Aaron, the risk of there being a crush has been utterly "health and safety" risk assessed to the "N"th degree. There is ALWAYS risk to anything we do as human beings, even walking up the street, but design of stadia, the layout of seats etc means there is mitigation and there are procedures in place to minimise the risk of a crushing incident ever happening again at a football match. Your argument is so utterly flawed that I think you're taking the urine. That's why it's tosh.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 76
Garth
August 3, 2012, 11:05am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Regular barriers to prevent crushing. I would make the whole Pontoon standing and the Lower Findus if it were to happen at BP.

Doesn't the away end have to be a certain percentage of capacity? If so I would then remove seats as necessary in the Osmond Stand - cant remove too many if we are arguing that seats ruin atmospheres!

Whilst on topic why does the Pontoon roof point to the sky? Surely the sound would be much better of it pointed towards the pitch - like the Osmond does?

Your not standing on my  seat  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
aaron rattray
August 3, 2012, 11:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Biccys

Because Aaron, the risk of there being a crush has been utterly "health and safety" risk assessed to the "N"th degree. There is ALWAYS risk to anything we do as human beings, even walking up the street, but design of stadia, the layout of seats etc means there is mitigation and there are procedures in place to minimise the risk of a crushing incident ever happening again at a football match. Your argument is so utterly flawed that I think you're taking the urine. That's why it's tosh.

There is a risk for everything

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
Wrawby_Mariner
August 3, 2012, 11:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6

Don't be such a wimp. People risk their lives every single day and don't baby half as much as you are right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 63 - 76
Biccys
August 3, 2012, 11:17am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27

Quoted from Biccys

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 76
topuphere666
August 3, 2012, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3

Yes but you can't live your life being worried about potential risks. As biccys said p, risk assessments are in place to minimise danger and 99.9% of the time they work!!  

Man up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Rick12
August 3, 2012, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from BiloLCFC
Hi all,

Feedback would be appreciated.
decent post

personally I prefer seated areas as I find I enjoy the game more -more comfortable sitting down as opposed to standing up.However standing areas in some parts of the stadium is a good idea provided like you have outlined they follow the German model and restrict numbers(I feel they also may entice some back to Blundell park given the cheaper seats)

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
aaron rattray
August 3, 2012, 11:45am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Im not being a wimp or a baby wrawby im just saying

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Wrawby_Mariner
August 3, 2012, 12:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Im not being a wimp or a baby wrawby im just saying

People are risking their lives in wars and your worried about getting hurt in a stadium where safety is paramount anyway. MAN UP! Standing works in lots of lower league grounds across the UK anyway why not here?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 68 - 76
aaron rattray
August 3, 2012, 12:08pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

People are risking their lives in wars and your worried about getting hurt in a stadium where safety is paramount anyway. MAN UP! Standing works in lots of lower league grounds across the UK anyway why not here?

O am not worried, im just saying their is always a risk

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.