Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

This thread currently has 14,696 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Dan
August 3, 2012, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
You've said it now. So shush.

Generally, I don't see a problem with having standing areas. Especially at our level of the game. The only impact on safety I've ever seen with standing areas is when fans are not properly segregated. Burton's ground, although generally naff, had pretty decent standing areas. Advertising hoardings are hardly a danger, because as we know, in stadiums with safe standing areas, town fans just smash them up.

On the other hand though, standing areas for me are usually the sign of a excrement ground. Ie Hayes, Chesterfield (old), Alfreton, Histon.

Building a ground with standing areas shows a lack of ambition. Afterall, although we might not get there in many years (if ever again) the championship is where we'd like to be. It seems kind of counter-productive to not build a ground that allows us entry. Maybe the rules could be changed to allow safe standing areas in the top two tiers, but I don't think they will be, and I kind of like all seater stadiums. For me, it shows you're moving up the league.

Grimsby have the chance to do something really special with the new ground. The proposed Conoco stadium looked absolutely awful. Now is the time to really push sustainability and innovation. Maybe safe standing could be a part of that, but it'd shouldn't be one of the major considerations in my eyes.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 76
Billybigbollox
August 3, 2012, 8:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Yes. And after witnessing the state of standing at the Stone Roses recently, I know where I feel safer. Standing didn't make Hillsborough unsafe, fences and bad policing did.

Correct
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
Marinerz93
August 3, 2012, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from aaron rattray

There is a risk for everything

If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
pleasegoup
August 4, 2012, 1:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
of course we should have standing.

as long as there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in any one stand there is never any danger.

Hillsborough wasnt caused by people standing, it was caused by the police deciding to let every single person queuing into the ground, even though it went far beyond the capacity of the stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
aaron rattray
August 4, 2012, 2:06pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from pleasegoup
of course we should have standing.

as long as there is a limit on the amount of people allowed in any one stand there is never any danger.

Hillsborough wasnt caused by people standing, it was caused by the police deciding to let every single person queuing into the ground, even though it went far beyond the capacity of the stand.

Or very little danger

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
GyMariner
August 4, 2012, 2:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Perhaps town could communicate with the fans and have standing on the top of some stands/areas or something

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
JoeTheMariner
January 26, 2013, 3:15pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Rail Seats. Google them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.