Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

This thread currently has 14,610 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from aaron rattray
Just because perimeter fences has gonethat doesnt mean that there can't be a big crush with loads of people killed, you could get crushed  to death on a train, outside a football ground, inside a football ground, outside cinema, absolutely anywhere and that will never ever change it is impossible to get rid of every risk

ive been saying that in my previous posts?????? now this is your argument against standing???  jesus i give up. *face palm*

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
kevikov
August 2, 2012, 8:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +818
Gold Stars: 13
Maybe if everyone there wrapped themselves in bubble wrap   I'd prefer a section to be standing, give people the choice. If we were to ever get a shiny new stadium, now, while we're non-league and a few seasons (at the very least!) away from championship would be the ideal opportunity.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
hertfordshire mariner
August 2, 2012, 8:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
think this has been posted before, but the football supporters federation fully support safe standing and have a petition for its introduction

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

its also backed by quite a few prem and championship clubs, villa are looking in to it for 1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/19/villa-park-terraces

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
jamesgtfc
August 2, 2012, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
If I had a small gathering at home someone could stagger out the toilet and fall down the stairs knocking everyone in the toilet queue with them.

If we didn't do something every time because there is some risk; no matter how small; then out life would grind to a halt.

A box may hit me on the head at work.
But then again if I go to work, I might be involved in a car crash.
I can't go online anymore because the electricity used to power my computer may cause a house fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
Hameln Mariner
August 2, 2012, 8:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
I lived in Germany for several years and had a season ticket at Werder Bremen for 3 seasons, it would have been in the standing section but it's difficult to get one because of the popularity of them. I have however stood in many many grounds in Germany as an away fan and never ever seen any safety issues because all grounds there have to be licensed and approved by the authorities, a properly constructed stadium is safe for both standing and sitting. If we ever do move from BP, I for one would be all for a standing section as long as it is properly designed and built.

Someone mentioned Dortmund earlier in the thread, their home end the "sud-tribune" holds 20,000 for home games, if they can deal with that many safely then we can surely have an area for 500 to 1,000 mariners at any new stadium.

Aaron, best get yourself a rubber ring from your holiday in Scarbrough, it will keep you safe if you wear it at matches and of course we will all be able to see you too....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
griggsy11
August 2, 2012, 8:57pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
it wouldnt happen against the advertising boards , look in the pontoon , theres sections of the boards that push over at certain intervals so theyll always be a place to get thru and this is the same at most grounds these days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
megs
August 2, 2012, 9:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Again might already have been posted. http://www.imusa.org/newsarticle.php?id=319

But German model looks good ie still a similar amount of people in ground jsu ability to stand.  Biggest attendance in europe I think is Dortmund and they have the safe standing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 9:27pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from griggsy11
it wouldnt happen against the advertising boards , look in the pontoon , theres sections of the boards that push over at certain intervals so theyll always be a place to get thru and this is the same at most grounds these days

But on the sections which dont flip down and if you are in a crush there you won't be able to move, but it could happen outside the ground

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
jamesgtfc
August 2, 2012, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from aaron rattray

But on the sections which dont flip down and if you are in a crush there you won't be able to move, but it could happen outside the ground

Someone I know shattered the knee trying to climb over the Pontoon advertising boards following the 1-0 win over Tottenham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
bradzmilne
August 2, 2012, 9:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Standing can be as safe as seating, lets be honest were not going to have 1000's trying to cram into a small area of BP in this day and age. Nothing like Hillsbourgh (thank god) could ever happen again due to new health and safety laws etc.
So for that reason id love to see standing at our new ground.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Your New Stadium - Would you want Safe Standing?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.