August 1, 2012, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from psgmariner

Racist again.

or homophobic .......there are gay players around the lower leagues primarily left backs and dreadlocked pacey strikers  

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Helgy
August 1, 2012, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from upthestripes

Helgy, either you are in denial, or this is some kind of defence mechanism kicking in - something to ease the pain
Gainsborough was a good chance to take a look at fringe players, in preparation for this game, one which Holdsworth took seriously enough last year but lost, then lost to us again after that, then lost to us again after that. What absolute nonesense, it is so flippin transparent what he was doing this time round.
And re our taking the cup so seriously, actually it's our team we take seriously, whatever game they are playing. Our support has been healthy in every single game this pre-season, because we want to take a look at and support our side. That some of your fans are mocking us for having a good support base is perplexing. Why not have a good laugh at Fenty while you're at it for being rich   As I said, high attendances may be a bit hard for you lot to get your heads around though, so fair dos for that.

I think it's shocked some that you took this game so seriously,everyone thought your support was excellent,a couple of people say something and it's then taken as though the whole place thinks that .
Mr Fenty was alright had a bit of banter with him, he asked if we would gloat if we won but i had to remind him that that's not something are in a postion to do and he replied don't worry we were the same.
You  need to appreciate that without him you would have to have applied he same cuts we have had to put into place.
Your lucky we could do with a money man coming in so if Mr Fenty gets bored he'd be most welcome at Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
topuphere666
August 1, 2012, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from aaron rattray

Well Simon ford has got a fatter face than he used to have, you should be able to tell though who it is

Ford looks quite lean to me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
jonnyboy82
August 1, 2012, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from topuphere666

Ford looks quite lean to me!

And me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 1, 2012, 6:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from upthestripes
I can't get on your forum so I'll just say it here.

"Oh the cods brought over 800, they take this so seriously, snigger"

No, it's called 'having a decent fan base' you web-footed brain-dead yokals, a concept in fairness you are not, never have been and never will be familiar with.

"We played squad players, just shows how seriously we take it"

Are you kidding? Are you really that stupid? Really? You honestly think Holdsworth took a friendly at Gainsborough seriously but not a cup final against a local and league rival? Jesus are you really THAT thick! He did it cos he's a fcking coward. If you lose, "well it was just a run-around for the reserve side", and if you win "we can even beat them with our second string". It's basically win win. He is a yellow son of a female dog and I just can't wait till new year to see the tw@ts bitter face when he's got no such excuses and we hammer you yet again.

Not that there'll be any of you there to see it, cos it's too far, or it'll be too cold, or you'll not really be bothered, or or or or...

You'd probably all be quite amusing if you weren't so pathetic.

I live and work in Lincoln, and I must say that there following and general support is utter crap, where as in GY there are a lot of Town fans as well as plastic Premiership fans, in Lincoln your more likely to see a purple dinosaur trotting through the city centre on match day than a Lincoln fan. In my work place there at least 80 people, and only 1 is a Lincoln fan, a few others "follow" them but support Premiership teams. The guy I know is so back into his shell its unreal, talk about no hopes, no ambitions, not one single ounce of confidence in his players, board and future.

Its got me all kind of feeling sorry for the chap, he still goes on quite a bit, but before playing us, I'll get a text saying "your gonna hammer us again". From what I can gather this is the general feeling amongst Lincoln supporters, there that beat down in the dumps, most of them seem to of given up on staying up next season, let alone combat us in any kind of rivalry. I think from what the commentators seem to be harping on about last night is an attempt to clutch at straws, I remember last season they said "Well we haven't got a strong team out tonight, and Grimsby have, they only beat us 4-3 so I don't expect them to give us any kind of problems this season". The Lincolnshire media all permanently wears rose tinted glasses, while the fans realise how skint, unambitious and dwindling the club is as a whole. I know 3 or 4 lads from Rasen / Caistor area who used to be season ticket holders, none of them go anymore, and none of them pay any kind of interest in how the team do, they say, its an expensive whack to go and watch a team of rank amateurs in our clubs shirts getting beat my part time clubs week in week out, I know we'll lose so i save my money.

RIP Lincoln City

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 1, 2012, 6:10pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from marinette
PS  Please could someone post a very brief summary describing our new players, positions and distinguishing features so I have a bit more of a clue when the season starts?

Somebody posted this squad list a week or so ago (I think it may have been Grantham Mariner). No distinguishing features as such but hope it helps:

2 Sam HATTON
3 Aswad THOMAS
4 David NIVEN
5 Shaun PEARSON
6 Ian MILLER
7 Joe COLBECK
8 Craig DISLEY
9 Anthony ELDING
10 Liam HEARN
11 Frankie ARTUS
12 Andy COOK
13 James McKEOWN
17 Louie SOARES
18 Greg PEARSON
19 Bradley WOOD
20 Dayle SOUTHWELL
21 Andi THANOJ

Year 1 & year 2 Youth players.

Y2 Harry ASHTON
Y2 Lewis SMITH
Y2 Blaize KERR
Y2 Jack GRIFFIN
Y2 Will PEERS
Y2 Josh MORRALL
Y2 Robbie BRYANT
Y2 Ben CUFF
Y2 Liam HIGTON

Y1 Tom CHARLESWORTH Y1 Lee WATTAM
Y1 Chris BURGESS
Y1 Sam O'MALLEY
Y1 Hamish FALCONER
Y1 Paul WALKER
Y1 Caine WINFARRAH
Y1 Callum WALKER
Y1 Ellis HUMBLE

Obviously Simon Ford will need a squad number and I'm unsure about Greg Fleming (I'm assuming he'll take/has taken No. 1) maybe someone else can fill in the gaps if I've missed any.

Trying to keep this thread on subject, I can't even be bothered to write anything about the Gimps. They are so pathetic I'm not even going to waste my time trying.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 1, 2012, 6:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Somebody posted this list a week or so ago (I think it may have been Grantham Mariner). No distinguishing features as such but hope it helps:

2 Sam HATTON
3 Aswad THOMAS
4 David NIVEN
5 Shaun PEARSON
6 Ian MILLER
7 Joe COLBECK
8 Craig DISLEY
9 Anthony ELDING
10 Liam HEARN
11 Frankie ARTUS
12 Andy COOK
13 James McKEOWN
17 Louie SOARES
18 Greg PEARSON
19 Bradley WOOD
20 Dayle SOUTHWELL
21 Andi THANOJ

Year 1 & year 2 Youth players.

Y2 Harry ASHTON
Y2 Lewis SMITH
Y2 Blaize KERR
Y2 Jack GRIFFIN
Y2 Will PEERS
Y2 Josh MORRALL
Y2 Robbie BRYANT
Y2 Ben CUFF
Y2 Liam HIGTON

Y1 Tom CHARLESWORTH Y1 Lee WATTAM
Y1 Chris BURGESS
Y1 Sam O'MALLEY
Y1 Hamish FALCONER
Y1 Paul WALKER
Y1 Caine WINFARRAH
Y1 Callum WALKER
Y1 Ellis HUMBLE

Obviously Simon Ford will need a squad number and I'm unsure about Greg Fleming (I'm assuming he'll take/has taken No. 1) maybe someone else can fill in the gaps if I've missed any.

Trying to keep this thread on subject, I can't even be bothered to write anything about the Gimps. The are so pathetic I'm not even going to waste my time trying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Town_F.C.

Thats updated quickly as well it seems

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 1, 2012, 6:15pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Town_F.C.

Thats updated quickly as well it seems

Nice one, cheers for that. So if Wikipedia is correct, Fleming is No. 1 and Ford No. 14.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
marinette
August 1, 2012, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Thanks for the squad list / update.  Very comprehensive.

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.