Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Gimps
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 52 Guests

FAO Gimps

This thread currently has 7,018 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
August 1, 2012, 1:08pm
Guest User
They bore me as they are such a small club. They take the urine out of us for having a bigger fan base than them.
Reply: 30 - 75
marinette
August 1, 2012, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I like this thread.  

The very fact that we won on penalties is good news.  I never take penalties for granted - not since that season we never seemed able to score any during the Slade era.

The fact that we took so many to SB is also good news - shows that our support is holding up well, despite two seasons of mediocrity in non-league.  

As is so often the case, we do all right against the better teams and struggle a bit against the crap ones (sorry, Helgy, no offence intended to you ) - but at least we're getting through the struggles as the winning team.  If we can carry that on to the season proper, then things might not turn out too badly after all.

I'd had enough of Town towards the end of last season and really needed a break from them.  A win over Scunny and now Lincoln is just what the doctor ordered.  I won't be able to distinguish any of our new players from Adam (not been paying attention to all the comings and goings) but am nevertheless looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.  Bring it on.  

PS  Please could someone post a very brief summary describing our new players, positions and distinguishing features so I have a bit more of a clue when the season starts?

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 2:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from marinette
I like this thread.  

The very fact that we won on penalties is good news.  I never take penalties for granted - not since that season we never seemed able to score any during the Slade era.

The fact that we took so many to SB is also good news - shows that our support is holding up well, despite two seasons of mediocrity in non-league.  

As is so often the case, we do all right against the better teams and struggle a bit against the crap ones (sorry, Helgy, no offence intended to you ) - but at least we're getting through the struggles as the winning team.  If we can carry that on to the season proper, then things might not turn out too badly after all.

I'd had enough of Town towards the end of last season and really needed a break from them.  A win over Scunny and now Lincoln is just what the doctor ordered.  I won't be able to distinguish any of our new players from Adam (not been paying attention to all the comings and goings) but am nevertheless looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.  Bring it on.  

PS  Please could someone post a very brief summary describing our new players, positions and distinguishing features so I have a bit more of a clue when the season starts?

Niven's the one with no hair - he'll stand out! Good at protecting the back four, not so sharp with his passing.
Aswad Thomas will be the black guy at left back with a sort of mohecan, you should see plenty of him pegging it forwad up the flanks.
Soares is the one with massive hair, know he's not new but you did say you lost interest at the end of last season.

Don't really know what to say about Cook or Hatton - you'll already know Simon Ford, and never seen the new keeper.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
marinette
August 1, 2012, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from upthestripes

Niven's the one with no hair - he'll stand out! Good at protecting the back four, not so sharp with his passing.
Aswad Thomas will be the black guy at left back with a sort of mohecan, you should see plenty of him pegging it forwad up the flanks.
Soares is the one with massive hair, know he's not new but you did say you lost interest at the end of last season.

Don't really know what to say about Cook or Hatton - you'll already know Simon Ford, and never seen the new keeper.

Cheers MP - you're a star.  Some very good hair info there - a great help - thanks.  

(I didn't like to ask before, and I know it's off topic, but while we're on the subject of hair - did anyone notice the hair situation with Tom Newey?  Has it grown back or is it gone for good?)

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
hook line and sinker
August 1, 2012, 2:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I have it on good authority from last night, that you look no better than a mid-placed 5th Division side, who struggled to beat some of our 2nd string/kids ....... Town to be Champs by Xmas then, you'd think so, by the bowlaxe spouted on here?  

we have it on good authority that your fanbase is no better than what we call an amateur football side (grimsby borough fc) outnumbered at home,outsung at home, how embarassing eh? sure that wouldnt happen at a BP, oh i forgot it was only pre season it didnt matter. fact is it didnt really to us either except its just we are a real football club with real partisan fans and you as are the scunts  just playing at it and always have been small fry. We had more there last night than you did here in the league ffs   were was you fans? because you didnt have any at SB and your lincoln vital was deserted (as per) big club you boys

and this wasnt a bite its the truth  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 2:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Helgy
I enjoyed the game last night our youths looked good and it appears they have not had any of their football coached out of them.
We thought your following was excellent and so did Mr Fenty,it could/should have been 3-0 at the break but you didn't take your chances.
After the break with 20 to go our subs came on and the game changed,we no longer hoofed the final ball  which was failing badly all game.

It was for me a game to try out the youths, with Miller and Gowling at the back to add experience.

It does seem you take this more seriously than us and you are lucky to have Fenty can we have him sat behind him and he has a great passion for GY.

Helgy, either you are in denial, or this is some kind of defence mechanism kicking in - something to ease the pain
Gainsborough was a good chance to take a look at fringe players, in preparation for this game, one which Holdsworth took seriously enough last year but lost, then lost to us again after that, then lost to us again after that. What absolute nonesense, it is so flippin transparent what he was doing this time round.
And re our taking the cup so seriously, actually it's our team we take seriously, whatever game they are playing. Our support has been healthy in every single game this pre-season, because we want to take a look at and support our side. That some of your fans are mocking us for having a good support base is perplexing. Why not have a good laugh at Fenty while you're at it for being rich   As I said, high attendances may be a bit hard for you lot to get your heads around though, so fair dos for that.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
aaron rattray
August 1, 2012, 2:46pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Greg fleming- scottish sounding keeper, very vocal, short black hair
Sam hatton, right back, abit faster than gary silk sort of dark mousy coloured hair
Simon ford you should know dark with a squashed up face, got a strange run and walk
Aswad Thomas, mohican sort hair, small face left back, dark skinned
Joe colbeck, winger white hair same colour as danny boshell baby faced
Derek niven cm believe he had cancer a few years ago, bald head sort of a stacey coldicott look a like
Andy cook, quite tall striker, bit of short stubble
Greg Pearson, tall, quite leggy, dark, baby face, hope that hopes

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 2:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinette

Cheers MP - you're a star.  Some very good hair info there - a great help - thanks.  

Haha, no problem. Hair is the most distinctive thing to spot at a distance that's why I went for that. Thomas has flourescent green boots though, which might also help if the mohecan doesn't lol. Oh, and Pearson is the only out-and-out black striker we have and Cook the only out-and-out white one (apart from Southwell, but can't see him playing much).  Never went to scunny so no idea about Newey! I like to think he's taken to a comb over though  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aaron rattray
Greg fleming- scottish sounding keeper, very vocal, short black hair
Sam hatton, right back, abit faster than gary silk sort of dark mousy coloured hair
Simon ford you should know dark with a squashed up face, got a strange run and walk
Aswad Thomas, mohican sort hair, small face left back, dark skinned
Joe colbeck, winger white hair same colour as danny boshell baby faced
Derek niven cm believe he had cancer a few years ago, bald head sort of a stacey coldicott look a like
Andy cook, quite tall striker, bit of short stubble
Greg Pearson, tall, quite leggy, dark, baby face, hope that hopes

Crikey I spelled mohican wrong and learned the correct way off Aaron.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
Citymariner
August 1, 2012, 2:54pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Quoted from upthestripes

Crikey I spelled mohican wrong and learned the correct way off Aaron autocorrect  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.