Trawler
August 1, 2012, 8:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray
I shall try and make this balanced, it was a youth team from Lincoln against a really strong town team and we only just beat them so is our team really as good as we lot make out or did town take it easy last night deliberately?

It's not a big deal. Every cup competition since the dawn of time is littered with examples of superior teams struggling to beat or losing to inferior opposition.  Don't lose any sleep over it.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 75
RoboCod
August 1, 2012, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I shall try and make this balanced, it was a youth team from Lincoln against a really strong town team and we only just beat them so is our team really as good as we lot make out or did town take it easy last night deliberately?

Who knows Aaron, friendlies are often like that, throwing up more questions than answers. Lincoln beat Scunny last year in the Lincs Cup, was it just that they were a good team, or were Scunny rubbish, or did they not bother turning up on the night? Scunny stayed up comfortably and Lincoln had a nightmare season which shows that result as rather odd unless you take it with a pinch of salt for what it was, a one-off game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 75
Garth
August 1, 2012, 8:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27

And I will jump on the other end of the scales and say that had we taken all our chances in mostly a one way affair we would have been at least 6 goals   up, you ask are we really as good a we  make out,   ask Scunny and Hull
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 75
marinerian
August 1, 2012, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Lincoln know their first team are not much stronger than their reserve team.

Less than 700 is a joke for the home team.

They have whingers and weak players, they will be looking just to stay up haha

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 75
Marinerz93
August 1, 2012, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
They only had 700 fans because they knew they were going to lose, they are worse than the Scunts.  They are our biatches and always will be  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 75
Helgy
August 1, 2012, 11:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
I enjoyed the game last night our youths looked good and it appears they have not had any of their football coached out of them.
We thought your following was excellent and so did Mr Fenty,it could/should have been 3-0 at the break but you didn't take your chances.
After the break with 20 to go our subs came on and the game changed,we no longer hoofed the final ball  which was failing badly all game.

It was for me a game to try out the youths, with Miller and Gowling at the back to add experience.

It does seem you take this more seriously than us and you are lucky to have Fenty can we have him sat behind him and he has a great passion for GY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 75
NorfolkImp
August 1, 2012, 11:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
I have it on good authority from last night, that you look no better than a mid-placed 5th Division side, who struggled to beat some of our 2nd string/kids ....... Town to be Champs by Xmas then, you'd think so, by the bowlaxe spouted on here?  

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 75
aaron rattray
August 1, 2012, 11:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Garth

And I will jump on the other end of the scales and say that had we taken all our chances in mostly a one way affair we would have been at least 6 goals   up, you ask are we really as good a we  make out,   ask Scunny and Hull

But a couple of times they passed it around us, got to hope for the best but expect the worst

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 75
gtfc98
August 1, 2012, 11:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I have it on good authority from last night, that you look no better than a mid-placed 5th Division side, who struggled to beat some of our 2nd string/kids ....... Town to be Champs by Xmas then, you'd think so, by the bowlaxe spouted on here?  

Didn't take you long to pipe up. Thought you supported Man City now?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 75
TrollPatrol
August 1, 2012, 11:13am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from NorfolkImp

DFTT

Trolls divert online discussions into non-productive, off-topic venues. They pose as part of a community only to disrupt it. Trolling is anti-social behavior.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.